A bacon sundae?? REALLY??

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    I just read an article about one of Burger King's new menu items that is due to be released tomorrow. It's a BACON sundae that has 510 calories, 18 grams of fat, and 61 grams of sugar.

Now, I know there's a lot of debate on fast food restaurants and how their food is "making people fat". I totally agree that if you choose to eat that food (as I've done several times in the past) that it will eventually make you fat.

I'm of two minds about this. On one hand, I believe that everyone has to be held accountable for their own actions. No one is forcing people to eat at Burger King or any other restaurant, so I don't agree with people who sue these places for "making them fat"

^^^this^^^

On the other hand, it shocks me that food products that are obviously bad for you and that will eventually lead to several health problems (and even death if eaten regularly) are not more closely regulated and do not come with "warning lables" or something similar like cigarette packages do. I think that if people were more aware of the potential dangers of eating these foods, they would think twice about it.

What's your opinion?

Yes, we need more nannystatism pfft
  • WickedMouse
    WickedMouse Posts: 343 Member
    not only does it sound good.. it looks good! Its not like there is a pound of bacon on it. mmmmm maybe there should be.

BK.jpg
  • JayByrd107
    JayByrd107 Posts: 282 Member
    It's a sundae that has 510 calories, 18 grams of fat, and 61 grams of sugar.

If I were to omit the word "bacon" from the original post, would it still be a big deal? No, (trick question) because it was never a big deal in the first place. 500 calories for a dessert from a fast food restaurant is still in the kiddie pool. You need to get out and read more lables/nutritional info.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    It's a sundae that has 510 calories, 18 grams of fat, and 61 grams of sugar.
    On the other hand, it shocks me that food products that are obviously bad for you and that will eventually lead to several health problems (and even death if eaten regularly) are not more closely regulated and do not come with "warning lables" or something similar like cigarette packages do. I think that if people were more aware of the potential dangers of eating these foods, they would think twice about it.

What's your opinion?
    How on earth is this "obviously bad" for me?

No, we do not need big brother gubment telling me what I can and cannot eat. When does it stop?
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    I'm sure that if you analyze the calorie content of the ingredients, the bacon is the low calorie part of it all...
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member

547344_236331029803538_454953509_n.jpg
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Howdy folks,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:
    16. Bacon jokes are no longer funny and are not permitted in the MFP Forums.

Bacon topics, particularly those that seek humor or laughs users, are overplayed and are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to bacon that you think are funny, really aren't and should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to bacon jokes. We reserve the right to move any topic to a relevant public Group which interested members may join if they wish to continue to participate.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    SofaKingRad
    Not MyFitnessPal Forum Staff
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    sign me up! WANT!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Warning: Life may result in death.

may? for which percentage of the population does it not? i thought life was always terminal.

also - i want a bacon sundae, i think it sounds awesome. and i don't care i would have to spend an extra half hour on the stationary bike for it.
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member

547344_236331029803538_454953509_n.jpg

HA - i love that ecard
  • Jeankyy
    Jeankyy Posts: 32
    Jack in the Box has a bacon milkshake
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    may? for which percentage of the population does it not? i thought life was always terminal.
    There are billions of people living today who have not died yet. We have no way of knowing if life will prove fatal for all of them. I think it's too early to judge.
  • beccapink
    beccapink Posts: 28
    To me the bacon sundae seems gross I wouldn't try it , thats just me... But about fast food making people fat , you know what its The Person making them selfs fat, if you choose not to eat healthy and eat nothing but junk food well then your gonna be fat ..:indifferent:
  • greasygriddle_wechnage
    greasygriddle_wechnage Posts: 246 Member
    Warning: Life may result in death.

:smokin:
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 743 Member
    hand me a spoon.

Make that two.

THREE!
  • rachmarie87
    rachmarie87 Posts: 6 Member
    I think its just weird, I don't want bacon with my ice cream, Dennys had something similar a while back, it ws a maple bacon shake. I'm sure some people like it but I couldnt bring myself to eat it.
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    gross! they got it from watching I Carly
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    not only does it sound good.. it looks good! Its not like there is a pound of bacon on it. mmmmm maybe there should be.

BK.jpg

This just made my entire day better.
  • bigd65
    bigd65 Posts: 171 Member
    I will let you know how good it is when I try it. I think it will be awesome
  • Lee1265
    Lee1265 Posts: 15 Member
    I gained a pound just reading that!!!!