Memory Foam Beds - anyone have one?

Options
aj_31
aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
Anyone have a memory foam type mattress? We are thinking about buying one and wanted to get some reviews from those that have them.

Replies

• sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I had to get rid of mine because I would wake up drenched in sweat every night. Also when you switch positions, it takes a while to fit to your body again. I'm not a fan of them.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    LOVED MINE!!! They do run warm, but they are like sleeping on a thick cloud of angel breasts.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    im considering buying one...although i heard they aren't great for whoopie-making
  • aj_31
    Options
    I heard that they can be 'hot' to sleep in. We have a friend that has one and him and his GF love theirs and bought a 2nd one for their guest bedroom. They say its the best sleep they've ever gotten. My husband is always complaining of back pain. We bought a Simmons Black Beauty Rest ($2500) bed about 3 yrs ago and I really don't want to buy another one w/out knowing if it'll solve the problem. I have to say beds have to be the hardest thing to buy.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Have a tempurpedic. It rules.
  • aj_31
    Options
    im considering buying one...although i heard they aren't great for whoopie-making

LMAO...that's what swings are for!! Just put an hook in the ceiling and you are good to go.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    depends on your preference methinks.

My brother has one, and if I lay down on it, I sink in slow and cant really move positions. I prefer to lay down on a bed and it bounces me back. Dont think that its pretty cool either. I dont sleep on it. But the nap I've had left me more tired than anything.
  • BrightEyesx3
    BrightEyesx3 Posts: 335
    Options
    My aunt and uncle had one, and they returned it. My aunt said that it created a ton of heat, which obviously made them sweat, and it was absorbed into the bed, and I guess it started to smell of sweat after a while.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options

LMAO...that's what swings are for!! Just put an hook in the ceiling and you are good to go.

Marry me lol
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    tempurpedic here as well. I love it. My husband moves a lot during his sleep, with this bed I rarely get disturbed by it (unless he's suddenly got his paws in my face)
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Yes and it is like sleeping on cloud 9 I can sleep forever on it and it doesnt hurt my back
  • ScientistStudy
    ScientistStudy Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I love mine. It's so comfortable that it now takes me longer to get out of it on a morning. I've had no problems with being too hot, even sleeping next to my partner. I say buy one haha.
  • raindance_maggie
    Options
    have one, LOVE it -- and whoever said not good for whoopie making??!! FALSE!!! :D
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are asking everyone the same questions
  • ls_66
    ls_66 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    is that same as the sleep number beds?
  • Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    yup its great! the bf gets out of bed an i cant tell! Its very comfy :)
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I have a memory foam mattress, top of the line...cna't remember the maker, but I love it. They do run hot if you only use a fitted sheet...that's why you buy the topper or whatever that white cover thing is called...it makes your bed so much better. During winter you take off the topper and boom, that bed is so nice and warm.

Be warned though! You'll tear up your other furniture in the process! It's been expensive owning that mattress! I've broken a coffee table and a knocked over my armoire and broke the TV inside of it...sex sucks on memory foam so you gotta get creative!
  • raindance_maggie
    Options
    My aunt and uncle had one, and they returned it. My aunt said that it created a ton of heat, which obviously made them sweat, and it was absorbed into the bed, and I guess it started to smell of sweat after a while.

there's a sheet type thing that comes with it ... granted it is extra money but worth it...it absorbs the heat and keeps the moisture out fo the bed...
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options

I have to disagree. They are the only perfectly silent bed.

I have a Tempurpedic, and I love it. I have fibromyalgia, so without it, I would feel like I was laying on a fist.
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Had one several years ago and returned it. Hubby and I snuggle during the night and both ended up in a whole in the middle in the morning. And my back ached!