Lasagna Cups 127 Calories EACH

Options
Dozrzz
Dozrzz Posts: 245
I made these Lasagna Cups based off an idea I got from Pinterest. But I tried to make mine much lower calories! Plus I was working with the stuff I had on hand. So obviously you should adjust as needed to what you have on hand!

Per Lasagna Cup:
CAL: 127
CARB: 11
FAT: 4
PROTEIN: 11
SODIUM: 184

538141_10151021256675406_519293001_n.jpg

So here is what I did:

Ingredients:
24 Wonton Wrappers (about 20 calorie each)
1 pound ground turkey
3 roma tomatoes
1/2 cup tomato juice
(You may prefer to use a typical tomato sauce, but again I was only using what I had on hand.)
1/2 cup onion (diced)
1 clove garlic (diced)
4 low sodium mozzarella cheese sticks (As I said, I used what I had. You may want to use shredded cheese.)
Italian seasonings (to taste)

Steps:
1. Brown the ground turkey in a skillet with the garlic and onion.
2. Dice one of the tomatos and add that to the skillet along with the tomato juice.
3. Let this simmer until it thickens, while you work the rest.
4. Take the other two tomatos and make 12 nice round slices. Make sure they aren't too thick.
5. Take a regular 12 cup muffin pan. Spray it with non-stick cooking spray. Press one wrapper into each cup, pressing it to the bottom and sides.
6. Add a spoonful of the meat mixture to each cup. Then a sprinkle of cheese. (I just took the cheese sticks and sliced them into little discs.)
7. Place another wonton wrapper on top of each cup, pressing it down on top of the layers to make more room to fill the cup. I tried to turn my wrappers 90 degrees from where I place the original wrapper. It looks nice having the corners not overlapping.
8. On top of each wrapper, I placed a slice of roma tomato. Mainly I did this cause I had them and figured, why not?! :happy:
9. Finish off the lasagna cups with a layer of meat and a a final layer of cheese.
10. Bake in the over at 400 degrees for about 12 minutes. Let cool for a minute or two before you try to remove them from the pan. But mine came out really easy!

Replies

• Dozrzz
    Dozrzz Posts: 245
    Options
    If you like saucier lasagna you will definitely want to use a tomato sauce (spaghetti sauce) instead of the tomato juice.
  • utahgirl247
    utahgirl247 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    i saw a 'like' recipe and tried it for dinner tonight...they were delicious. my husband who is picky and does not usually like to try things that are 'diet' so-to-speak tried them and LOVED them as well. D E L I C I O U S!!
  • emilylacey1010
    Options
    Bump
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    These sound great, thanks!
  • kfitzpa
    kfitzpa Posts: 326
    Options
    bump!
  • roadster_nic
    roadster_nic Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ediesmommy
    ediesmommy Posts: 76
    Options
    This looks wonderful! Thanks for the recipe.
  • sunnymel126
    sunnymel126 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MrsValentine
    MrsValentine Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    bump
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I will def. have to try this. Sounds amazing
  • AshRyd
    AshRyd Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    i make these all the time and they are awesome! sometimes I even changed up the flavor to tacos with lettuce and diced tomatoes (instead of sauce). and sometimes I throw in chicken.
    you can bake up a whole package of those wonton shells and they keep in a tight zip lock bag for about a week so you can make up a few as you go! These are awesome ---- think I am gonna make some tonight!
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    *BUMP*
  • sla1252012
    sla1252012 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • sunflare74
    sunflare74 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I love this recipe. Thanks for sharing!
  • Joeyje3
    Joeyje3 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Yum.. bump
  • curliefrii
    curliefrii Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Yummy! Bump!
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Looks great, ....I like the posted variations that are being posted too....
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    bump....