Heartrate EXTREMELY HIGH while JOGGING

Options
2»

Replies

• mistylovesmusic
    Options
    My heartrate runs around 190 when I run. Are you sure it was 190 and not 290. I would think you would have felt seriously ill with a heartrate that high. Definately see a doctor before doing any exercise if so.
  • alisahaggard
    Options
    I would guess that part of the problem is that you counted wrong as well - that's nearly 5 beats per second - counting manually (I know *I* couldn't count that fast accurately). the comment earlier about it being possible with runs of V-tach is true - but that's being counted on a cardiac monitor, not by checking your pulse manually - also, V-tach doesn't conduct a pulse the same way a standard beat does. Counting a pulse rate vs. counting peaks in electrical activity in your heart are sometimes different.

Everyone else has reiterated that you should talk to your doc as well.
  • jarirhea
    jarirhea Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You guys are right (hand to face)! Thank god! I counted 29 beats for 10 seconds but I wasn't thinking an multiplied by 10 and not 6. Good to know my heart isn't exploding lol, thanks everyone ... I'm an idiot lol
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    You guys are right (hand to face)! Thank god! I counted 29 beats for 10 seconds but I wasn't thinking an multiplied by 10 and not 6. Good to know my heart isn't exploding lol, thanks everyone ... I'm an idiot lol

Very good to know.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

LOL you are NOT an idiot.

Glad you discovered what it was though :flowerforyou: