Tell me the story of your ticker picture

Options
lilmisfit
lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
As a follow up to the "tell me the story of your profile picture", I'm curious about all the pics in the weight last tickers.

I'll go first. Mine is a picture of the sunrise at Haleakala on Maui. Hubby and I went last year for our 10 year anniversary. We got up at 3:00am to drive to the top of Haleakala and wait for the beautiful sunrise over the volcano. If you've never been, you should absolutely do it! It was one of the most beautiful sights I've ever seen. It gets pretty chilly up at that elevation (9740 feet) so you need to dress in layers. But it is so worth it!!!

Anyway, the reason I chose that picture is because this journey is like a new beginning for me, just like a sunrise is the beginning of a new day. :-)

Ok, your turn!

Replies

• HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Mine is a sunrise too! I took it when I was living in Thailand about 6 years ago. It's from Haad Yuan, Ko Pha Ngan island, from the balcony of my bungalow I was staying in at the time.

ETA: I just thought it was a pretty picture for a background...no deep meaning behind it being chosen.
  • sarabirdcanfly
    sarabirdcanfly Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Mine is water with a fish, I like it because ocean and water is life and I draw my energy from the ocean. It's a very spiritual place for me and the ocean always makes me feel alive and at peace.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    mines self explanatory. it represents the greatest team in the history of organised sports. ever.
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    MIne is a picture of my daughters, but I figure that was obvious.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Mine if of the beach of the same resort that my profile pic was taken at.... and posted to remind me that we are going back to the beach again soon...
  • BrightEyesx3
    BrightEyesx3 Posts: 335
    Options
    Mine is Arcanine because it's my favorite Pokemon, and I thought it looked epic.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    it's my Wedding day, taken outside the gates of the castle in our little village, we did not marry there, we married in the lovely church in the tiny village I grew up in, where my family are buried, and we were given permission by the Lord of the Manor to have photographs taken in the grounds of the Manor house across the road and on the village green, but we don't live in the village, and we wanted a picture taken in the village where we do live, so on the way to our reception, we stopped off at the Castle, we had not asked, and when we turned up, I walked in to the entrance and the lady in the shop almost had a seizure, I was in my full get up, with veil and flowers etc, and she took one look and said Oh my...were we expecting you?! a note of panic in her voice and a look of fear in her eye, I said please don't worry, we just wanted to have our picture taken by the gate...oh come in she said and they let us go inside, we have several pictures from inside, walking over the drawbridge etc, but this is my favourite

oh and one thing...as we were walking from the drum towers, down to the gates, we passed a group of visitors, a man said to my new Husband, you must be so proud, your Daughter looks beautiful....lmao
  • snw_
    snw_ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    because when i talk, you hear the revolution.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I like sand dunes, I like to ride stuff at the dunes. This pic was from the 2009 Dakar Rally.

Here it is a bit bigger.
    153pa1w.jpg
  • ScotsLenny
    ScotsLenny Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Stiff Little Fingers, punk band from Belfast, N.I. who are still on the go since 1977
  • LivingstonIpresume
    Options
    Mine is a portrait tattoo of me doing some overhead welding next to the picture that it was Based off of. In the tattoo it says "like father like son" on top and my fathers name and birth/death below it.

The reason I went with the tattoo of myself welding rather than a picture of my dad is because his fight with cancer was long and I could not find any pictures that were a true representation of my dad (ie. Not sick and under weight or outdated).
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Mine is invisible. Whoa...
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    mines self explanatory. it represents the greatest team in the history of organised sports. ever.

hell to the YES!
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Only when Steve Young was playing.
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    mine is a pic at a precious moments park when we went to visit my parents in Missouri. Beautiful park
  • empty_with_you
    Options
    mine's a picture of a rose from my boyfriend:) i LOVE photography
  • markmeus
    markmeus Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Mine is my car :) Not much of a story to but it probably looks very small to all the americans on this site! lol
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Mine really says it all. I'm looking to get strong and fit, not just skinny!
  • junepinktigger
    junepinktigger Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    mine is of myself. this is the first time EVER my picture has been taken in swimming costume,

i posted the pic on facebook with 59 other pictures of the kids and hubby in the pool, and so many people commented on how they liked it, and i just look happy in pic.

but i will update it next time we go and have pictures
  • nickiog
    nickiog Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    i love to eat cake. cake is high calories. my boobs arent the biggest...soooo...if i ate cake and the calories only caused the fat sells on my boob region to grow i would be thrilled. :D