I'm READY!!!!

Options
Hi everyone. My mind is in the right place and I'm finally ready to "ACTIVELY" work towards my weight loss goals. I'm a wife and mom to 8 (whew!) healthy, wonderful children. I'm an excellent caregiver for my family, but I'm not taking care of myself the way I should. I've tried pills, fads and weight loss centers in the past, but always seemed to fall off after the first few weeks. My biggest challenges have always been meal planning and keeping a food journal. I truly believe my "aha" moment was when I was in the doctor's office and he told me that at 42 I needed double knee replacement! I'm scheduled for surgery for a miniscus tear in a few weeks, but eventually both of my knees will have to be replaced, even if I weighed 120lbs! I went through a range of emotions sitting in that office...fear, shame, embarrassment, and disappointment. My first thought was, "how could I let myself get to this point?" Since that pity party, I am now ready to take charge of my mind and body. I know it won't be easy and that I'm definitely going to need support , but I'm mentally ready and I think that's a great starting point. So, I will definitely be reaching out to you all and best wishes for everyone! :happy:

Replies

• mmmfryingpan
    Options
    good luck hun! im right behind you! i know things like that are really embarrassing but dwelling on that isnt going to help at all. youve made those decisions in the past but this is now! new you,new attitude and gradually a new found confidence too! add me if you need any words of encouragement or tips on anything. im still relatively new but ive done so much reasearch im like a complete diet nerd! :)
  • vezzyfbaby863
    vezzyfbaby863 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Welcome :smile:
    Mother of 8! OMG! your at a good starting point to be a mother of 8! You go girl. If you can give birth 8 times you can concur this weight problem! Let it begin and I wish you to have a very fulfilling journey . & you have a friend if you need :bigsmile:
  • mosim69
    mosim69 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks for the support!