Have you ever...

Options
rayne78
rayne78 Posts: 88 Member
put the measuring tape at your starting size and put it around the current you and just be in utter shock that you could have changed that much? It really takes me by surprise when I do this, it just doesn't seem possible. So far I've lost 7" from my belly button waist, 5.5" from my hips, and 5" from my natural waist. It's so weird to see the tape measure go out that far from where I am currently.

Replies

• tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    No I haven't but I am about to right now!!! Great idea!
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I try to measure myself every week but for awhile I stopped cus of no change. What I like is that I have no scale adn I only get weighed at the docs office. Then when I hop on it shocks me. But great job, keep up the good work.
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    So I am down 7 inches off my waist and 7 inches off my hips. Holy crap, your idea was just crazy, to SEE where I started. Sometimes when I look in the mirror, I don't see physical change. That was something I could really see. Great idea!
  • dareacceptor
    dareacceptor Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    **Making a note to try this when I get home today!
  • FitBarbie2986
    FitBarbie2986 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Yes! i was doing that yesterday! my waist was at a 27.5" and now its 24.5"...i know its only 3" but still,its shocking,i love it :D
  • karagetsfit
    karagetsfit Posts: 191
    Options
    I just did, WOW. Amazing.
  • BeccaLevine
    BeccaLevine Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I haven't done that, but I like to keep a couple pairs of pants that used to fit me snug, and pull them up only for them to fall off!! And I like to hold them out and get horrified that they used to fit so snug!!
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    put the measuring tape at your starting size and put it around the current you and just be in utter shock that you could have changed that much? It really takes me by surprise when I do this, it just doesn't seem possible. So far I've lost 7" from my belly button waist, 5.5" from my hips, and 5" from my natural waist. It's so weird to see the tape measure go out that far from where I am currently.

That is AMAZING!!!!! I need to measure more!:bigsmile:
  • ccpowers
    ccpowers Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Totally do. The tape measure is the best way to see the losses. I am adamant on measuring and taking pictures. No one else ever needs to see or know, but I do and I always have something to go back to. And I do it EVERY TIME I am losing weight. I also go back to see what sizes I was when I started last time, and the time before that, and the one before that......
  • rayne78
    rayne78 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Totally do. The tape measure is the best way to see the losses. I am adamant on measuring and taking pictures. No one else ever needs to see or know, but I do and I always have something to go back to. And I do it EVERY TIME I am losing weight. I also go back to see what sizes I was when I started last time, and the time before that, and the one before that......

Oh that's totally me.... I have paper records of my weights and measurements from previous weight loss attempts. This time around has been highest weight loss to date, and I'm determined to make it to goal! I'm still shocked each and every time I compare to my starting size. What a great feeling!
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options

Oh that's totally me.... I have paper records of my weights and measurements from previous weight loss attempts. This time around has been highest weight loss to date, and I'm determined to make it to goal! I'm still shocked each and every time I compare to my starting size. What a great feeling!

I want that feeling! I will make a point to measure today.
  • lil_bear0811
    Options
    I just did that last night and I have lost 5" off my hips and 3 " off my waist. Totally loved that feeling.
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    That is a great idea! never thought of it! I still see myself as larger in the mirror, even though I have lost a lot of inches so far.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!