What is the healthiest pizza I can buy from Domino's?

Options

Replies

• HungerGame82
    HungerGame82 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as a healthy pizza.

Not true.
  • JayByrd107
    JayByrd107 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as a healthy pizza.

That being said, I would allow yourself one cheat day a week, and then get your favorite pizza.

I would disagree. Healthy from a chain? You may have a small quivering leg to stand on, but an absolute "no such thing" is just not true.
  • QuestForFitness
    Options
    Just get thin crust and do whatever you want from there. Don't let people make you feel guilty for wanting a damn pizza. No one said you had to eat the whole thing, so I don't think you're going to destroy your progress just by having a treat.
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Honestly, skip it. Don't sabotage your diet because something's half off.

This. Plus even if you eat 1-2 slices, it's going to be sitting in your fridge just begging to ruin a good day. Pizza is my weakness too, I avoid it.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I think it's FINE to eat pizza if you want to, and even better if it's 50% off. I think it's fairly obvious the OP doesn't eat pizza every day and there's nothing wrong with having whatever you like from time to time. A healthy lifestyle is just that..a lifestyle. Eat bad every day and bad things will happen. eat what you love once in a blue moon and GREAT things happen.

Enjoy your pizza :-)
  • Joeyje3
    Joeyje3 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I LOVE PIZZA!!! Me and my hubby eat pizza at least once a week..But like the others said you just have to make room for the extra calories throughout the day (cutting back, extra exercise, etc;) Sometimes I end up going over on the days we have pizza but I don't worry about it at all. I just make sure I get right back on track the next day. I usually order a thin crust with veggies or chicken. However, last Friday we had Domino's and ordered the New York Stlye Philly Steak and it was AWESOME!

I'm a pizza lover too. Try to fit into your calories. And get back on track. Don't deprive yourself you really want it. Eat in moderation. :drinker:
  • lkcuts
    lkcuts Posts: 224
    Options
    according to the book EAT THIS AND NOT THAT by David Zinczenko and Mat Goulding, who claim to have went though thousands of hours researching different resturants and what was a best pizza for Dominos was the Thin crust ham and Pineapple Pizza (2 slices) 310 Calories,14 g of fat, saturated,680 mg sodium and 32 g carbohydrates.
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I don't think you should eat pizza just because it's 50% off. If you really want pizza, as Acg said, find a way to fit it into your calories, but you're not going to find a pizza that's significantly healthy enough to make a difference.

(Then again I'm from NY and you couldn't force me to eat Domino's)

Hah! I'm not from anywhere near New York and you couldn't poke Domino's down me!
  • steffers96
    steffers96 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I don't think there IS such thing as a healthy pizza from Domino's! LOL! Good luck though! If you really crave it and you haven't been cheating, heck, treat yourself to it! When I hit certain milestones I give myself a little treat. :)
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I just had Dominos gluten free with sausage and 2 Miller 64 beers. It was a special (Mother's day) treat as "my day of departure" which I do once a month. AAAgh I gained 2 lbs the next day and it took me all week to recover. Be prepared to pay it back if you do pizzia
  • Tarah904
    Tarah904 Posts: 20
    Options
    [/quote]

"Pick whatever is your favorite or you'd like to try, eat as much as you can fit in your cals. If you go over, get on track tomorrow"
    [/quote]

I agree w/ this. It's all about moderation. I still eat the foods I like, just in smaller portions and less frequently. Enjoy your dinner! :smile:
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    My plan for pizza is always thin crust, as many veggies as I can get on there, and light cheese. With veggie overload, I barely notice there is less cheese, and it cuts way down on the calories. If you really want meat, go for either ham or grilled chicken.
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Do the thin crust with veggies.
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    I just ordered a small thin crust with grilled chicken, spinach, mushroom, feta, and parm. 1/4 of the pizza is 255 cal. I plan on eating half for dinner.
  • Tarah904
    Tarah904 Posts: 20
    Options
    I just ordered a small thin crust with grilled chicken, spinach, mushroom, feta, and parm. 1/4 of the pizza is 255 cal. I plan on eating half for dinner.

YUM! That sounds like my kinda pizza!
  • zoegator
    zoegator Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    If you're craving something, eat it, but in moderation. Weight loss is about a lifestyle change, not a diet!! However, if you're looking for a lighter option, here's what they suggest on their website! Hope it helps :)

http://express.dominos.com/pages/lighter-options.jsp
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I am having pizza from there tomorrow too because of that deal lol. But I think I diet differently then most people. I watch what I eat and everything, but once every week or two I will have a free day where I eat what I want. If I feel too guilty about it, I'll just work harder at the gym. But having a free day every week or two is encouraged by me. A couple years back I lost 80 pounds and had dominos quite frequently. It's just one day, and if you stick to your regular eating and exercise plans it's absolutely no issue. At least it worked like that for me.
  • peytonturk
    peytonturk Posts: 49
    Options
    Getting pizza one night isn't going to ruin anyone's progress. You don't need to eat only salads to lose weight. ACG nailed it in his first post. Try to keep it under, if you don't try to work it off. But learn to live your life and enjoy yourself. Not just live on salads as some temporary diet.

I've had PLENTY of pizza during my weight loss.

This. *applause*. End of discussion. :):flowerforyou:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    ACTUALLY, I just got Dominos to treat myself and my loss.. That was idiotic! ANYWAY, after looking at Dominos web site and reading the nutrition section, I was really shocked to learn that the thin crust has wayyyy more calories!!! I was shocked! Look it up for yourselves if you dont believe me!!! WEIRD!
    Yes, that would be weird. Try looking again; the thin crust has less than half the calories.
  • pamfm
    pamfm Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I picked out the Bacon and Carbonara pizza which has enough protein I need and is half of the calories of a normal large pan crust . the whole Pizza is 1200 calories which is my limit. I was really busy all day today so I haven't ate anything but this pizza and it is so yummy.

I decided on the pizza not only because its 50% off but because my current food has been boring me to tears. Salads and egg sandwiches for the past 3 weeks gets tiring.

Totally in agreement with the first reply you got - it's not going to ruin all your progress to indulge a little one day. BUT it sounds like you need to spice up your daily menu, too. If I was limiting myself to salads and sandwiches, I'd be a Grumpasaurus Rex, and I'd give up so fast!