Memory Foam Beds - anyone have one?

Options
13»

Replies

• cspence2270
    cspence2270 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    is that same as the sleep number beds?

No, the sleep number beds have two air like mattress in them and you can adjust each side to your own "number".
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    We got ours from Walmart.com (too cheap to buy a tempurpedic) No problems at all. As far as getting your grove on its perfect, you cam have gymnastic sex and your beer within arms reach and never spill a drop.
  • hobbit_abby
    Options
    You could try buying a memory foam mattress pad or mattress topper (that's 3 or more inches) to lay over your current mattress to see if you like sleeping on memory foam. That's what I did for college and when I felt annoyed with the memory foam then I just took it off the bed until I felt like I wanted it back.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Tempurpedic here... I'm 5'10" 300 plus lbs... wife is 5'4" 120 lbs.... had a pillow top a it just didnt hold up. after 5 years my wifes back was killing her as she always slept on a down hill slant towards me. Now with the tempurpedic, that never happens any more, and her back problems are gone! I'm a big guy and i dont have any issues with getting hot and I sink in a ways. As far as whoopee... best thing thats ever happened !!!! Those commercials where you can bounce on it and not spill a glass of wine.... all true!!!! Think about that when you have a 200 lb difference with your parnter... worth every penny!!!

Good to know. My husband has about 90 lbs on me so he needs a bed that can support him and now cave in.
  • aj_31
    Options
    We got ours from Walmart.com (too cheap to buy a tempurpedic) No problems at all. As far as getting your grove on its perfect, you cam have gymnastic sex and your beer within arms reach and never spill a drop.

That's hilarious. I have your wife on my FL so I'll have to ask her if that's true. My husband would love that comment though. He's loves his beer and usually has one in his hand all night long so if I tell him he can bring it to bed he'll really be in heaven.
  • Grandysl
    Grandysl Posts: 189
    Options
    Wife and I love ours. It is not a Tempur, but similar. Has helped both of us with back issues.!
  • ClareWantsProgress
    ClareWantsProgress Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I have one and hate it. If you are a light sleeper, you'd probably love it. If you toss and turn a lot then you'd hate it.

Our Tempurpedic was the only thing that STOPPED me from tossing and turning all night. My husband is thrilled that I can sleep through the night now without "flopping around" as he always termed it. Not sure why you would hate it.
  • aj_31
    Options
    I checked out Walmart and they have some pretty cheap ($400) 12" mattresses. They all have great reviews. The one we were looking at was a off brand from Costco's for $700. Our friends bought 2 of them and love them. We might have to make the jump and just try it.
  • mooglysmom
    mooglysmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    We have a memory foam/latex (??) bed. Paid a bundle for it, supposedly a good bed... and we've had it for about 2 years or so. At any rate, it has permanent indents in it already. It's not terribly comfortable. It was awesome at first, but now I'm regretting it :/. It is certainly more comfortable than our spring mattress, but that wouldn't take much doing!! As far as whoppie making, I have no complaints.