Replies

• JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    bump
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I am making this tonight with Dreams Field Low Carb pasta. And will add some red onion and green pepper along with it...........

This looks so yummo!!!
  • qtkt1
    qtkt1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i love pasta!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Bumping again to find it easily on my "my topics" page. :smile:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    tagging for later
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    This looks fantastic. Definitely bookmarking for a future time to cook!
  • loritas
    Options
    bump
  • blakgarnet
    Options
    bump
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    This is so amazing. Hubby did the shopping this week as I am sick and he came home with spinach. I started at the package wondering what I could do with it that I could trick the kiddos into trying..............
    and here is a wonderful recipe idea.

I can't wait to try it!

Thanks,

JAM
  • shariguymon
    shariguymon Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Looks like a great recipe.

I just wanted to post one that my daughter fixed for me last month and I fixed it for dinner last night. It's very beautiful,easy and delicious. I didn't know how to copy the picture, but here's the link to the recipe that shows it. www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Crunchy-Wasabi-Salmon-with-Lime-237322 I guess you have to copy and paste to get to it. Sorry I need to learn more about my computer.

Crunchy Wasabi Salmon with Lime

Bon Appétit | March 2007

yield: Makes 4 servings
    Wasabi peas are dried green peas that are covered in a spicy coating made from wasabi powder. They can be found at some supermarkets and natural foods stores, and at Asian markets. Serve this dish with a bowl of steamed jasmine rice.

Ingredients

* 3/4 cup wasabi peas (about 3 ounces)
    * 4 (8-ounce) salmon fillets with skin (each about 1 inch to 1 1/4 inches thick)
    * 1 tablespoon finely grated lime peel
    * 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided

* 6 cups thinly sliced red cabbage (about 1/2 large head)
    * 1 (8-ounce) package trimmed sugar snap peas

* 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
    * Lime wedges

Preparation:
    Preheat oven to 400°F. Blend wasabi peas in processor until ground but with some coarsely crushed pieces. Lightly oil rimmed baking sheet. Arrange salmon fillets, skin side down, on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle fish with salt. Press ground wasabi peas onto tops of salmon fillets to adhere, covering tops completely. Sprinkle grated lime peel over salmon; drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Roast salmon just until opaque in center, about 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add cabbage and sugar snap peas; sauté until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Transfer 1 salmon fillet to each of 4 plates. Drizzle with lime juice. Mound cabbage-snap pea mixture alongside. Garnish with lime wedges and serve.
  • Angiebangie
    Angiebangie Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    extra tasty w/ a sprinkly of pine nuts, and if you got it some fresh garlic, sauteed w/ spinach...
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    I made this tonight! It was good and soooooooooo easy.

I put it under Homemade Pasta w/spinach and tomatoes (or similar to that) and calculated everything based on weight.

These are the nutrition values I came up with for four servings

Calories 261.5
    Total Fat 5.9 g
    Saturated Fat 2.5 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0.1 g
    Monounsaturated Fat 0.0 g
    Cholesterol 15.0 mg
    Sodium 489.1 mg
    Potassium 355.7 mg
    Total Carbohydrate 39.3 g
    Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
    Sugars 5.3 g
    Protein 16.1 g
    Vitamin A 132.3 %
    Vitamin B-12 0.0 %
    Vitamin B-6 6.2 %
    Vitamin C 43.0 %
    Vitamin D 0.0 %
    Vitamin E 6.0 %
    Calcium 48.1 %
    Copper 4.1 %
    Folate 30.9 %
    Iron 17.5 %
    Magnesium 24.2 %
    Manganese 28.6 %
    Niacin 2.3 %
    Pantothenic Acid 0.4 %
    Phosphorus 14.7 %
    Riboflavin 7.1 %
    Selenium 0.9 %
    Thiamin 3.3 %
    Zinc 2.3 %

Thanks for doing the calcs on 4 servings and putting in the food diary! This sounds Yummo! And super easy!
  • Amylynn
    Amylynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mavsfan2009
    mavsfan2009 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    definitely can't pass this one up - the picture looks DELICIOUS!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    shariguymon--

Your recipe deserves its own thread. You should consider reposting it with its own title so others can find it more easily. Sounds yummy.
  • krisolso
    krisolso Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've made this before and it is supper yummy. I also like to add an orange pepper
  • Naokoheart
    Options
    I just made this recipe for my dinner and added sweet potato and red sweet peppers.
    I'm also having it with a slice of grilled salmon for extra protein :D
  • stacyschiefer
    Options
    That sounds good.! i think I can make it and will try it. Thanks:)
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    I finally made the Spinach Past Toss and while my hubby, my parents and I thought it was good, my teenagers looked at it with wrinkled lips and noses. I have plenty of leftovers for lunch the rest of this week. lol I swear for some one who wants to be a veggatarian, my daughter does not eat or even try a lot of veggies.

Thanks for the recipe and I will make it for our Winter potluck coming up soon. I'm sure it will get the rave returns it deserves.

JAM