What do you do when you don't feel like eating.

What do you do when you don't feel like eating but haven't gotten your calories in? I wasn't SUPER short on calories but should have eaten maybe 200 more.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,308 Member
    I seriously wouldn't stress over 200 calories, fer shure.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    I ALWAYS feel like eating. So, I'm not much help. I wouldn't worry about being 200 under just one day, but if you are always short on calories you could sneak in a few calorie dense foods throughout your day. Cook your veggies in a T of olive oil, have a banana with peanut butter, make a fruit/milk/yogurt/protein smoothie or something along those lines, have a glass of milk before bed, a handful of nuts as a snack, Greek yogurt with granola, switch to full fat cheese or salad dressing, add avocado to your sandwich, all of these things add a calorie punch without being too dense.
  • Amisha136
    Amisha136 Posts: 38 Member
    a spoonful of peanut butter! or a milkshake made with almond milk and sun warrior rice protein powder.
  • veganpoler
    veganpoler Posts: 50 Member
    yeah, that's never happened to me. I'd just go with it!
  • sarabig2fit
    sarabig2fit Posts: 274 Member
    i just don't eat.
  • kornmaiden
    kornmaiden Posts: 109
    thanks, kind of new to MFP after doing weight watchers for over a year I always felt like I didn't have enough points but now I am not meeting my calorie minimum some days Not sure if it's summer or amping up my exercise which I kind of thought would make me more hungry but it has had the opposite effect.
  • kat5556
    kat5556 Posts: 164 Member
    I can't think of a time when that happened. :-) How about a spoon of peanut butter or a banana?
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    I try to force it down, but if i cant, no biggie. I'm like this often.
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    If I'm not hungry, I don't eat. It doesn't make sense to me to eat when I'm not hungry. It doesn't happen that often. But usually in the summer, in the evening. Just not feeling like dinner. I either skip it or have something light like a poached egg or a protein shake.
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    A protein shake is my go to...
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    I've started a collection for uneaten calories. Just place them in the basket and I'll spend them on cookies. No, no. Don't thank me. I just love to help!

If you have trouble hitting your daily goals then try looking at your total on a weekly basis instead. If you're way under each week then trying to get a few calorie dense meals in on a regular basis would help. Possibly just a little more of what you normally eat could help, a slightly larger serving. Maybe here and there you have a hungry day. You could eat a bit more when those days roll around if you find you're consistently under each week.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    I listen to my body. It knows me better than MFP or any other caloric goal-setter.
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    thanks, kind of new to MFP after doing weight watchers for over a year I always felt like I didn't have enough points but now I am not meeting my calorie minimum some days Not sure if it's summer or amping up my exercise which I kind of thought would make me more hungry but it has had the opposite effect.

Since exercising so much I am also way less hungry, its been a real issue for me to eat all of my calories, I often have 500-900 left :/ However I am adding apples and peanut butter, protein shakes, and other low sodium high calorie, high protien stuff throughout the day to reduce my leftover cals. Hope that helps!
  • LynC33
    LynC33 Posts: 196
    What do you do when you don't feel like eating but haven't gotten your calories in? I wasn't SUPER short on calories but should have eaten maybe 200 more.

I would still eat. Its good for your metabolism and you dont want to put your body into starvation mode.
  • Im also way under, 656 under :(