Hi - I'm a cool dude and a nice guy - stop and say hi :)

Options
13»

Replies

• christykirby
    christykirby Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi! Congrats on your success thus far, and kuddos for setting a goal to run a 5K! I'm nowhere near that, and not sure I ever will be. At this point I'm proud of myself for sticking with walking at least 3X per week for 30 minutes for two whole months! Baby steps for me.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.

Christy
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! I did couch to 5k two years ago. And now I'm a running addict. I've done 6, 5k's and one half marathon, one Warrior Dash and the Coosa River Challenge (an adventure race) Signing up for races is a great way to stay motivated! I'm going to do another 5k on July 14th. Luck with yours!
  • JWmovin4ward
    JWmovin4ward Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    HI! Congrats on deciding to commit to MFP on a daily basis, I had the app a while too before committing to it.. best decision I ever made. Good luck with your run, I have my first fun run this weekend... a little scared as it is 12kms :noway: ... but as long as I finish (& I will) it'll all be good :bigsmile:
  • laneydawn
    laneydawn Posts: 64
    Options
    Way to go on the goal to run a 5k! That's one of my goals as well. You do seem like a very cool dude indeed :drinker:
  • greenkarla
    greenkarla Posts: 15
    Options
    Thank you!!!!
    Because of you, and because of this thread, I've downloaded the C25K app, and Im excited to get to the gym tomorrow to start!!!
    I don't think I would have ever considered running if it wasn't for you, your motivation, and your success to date!!!!
    Your goals are goals for us all!!
  • pacarolinagirl
    Options
    I've had my fitness Pal for a while but decided a month a half ago to really stick to it and also change my eating habits and make working out a part of my everyday life. Oh yeah, i forgot...I signed up for my 1st ever 5K run.

I've lost 20 lbs so far, 80 more to go :) piece of cake.

Stopping by to say "Hi"!!! :smile: Good luck on your first 5K. They become addicting. My first 5K led me spinning & then triathlon training. :happy:
  • pacarolinagirl
    Options
    Thank you!!!!
    Because of you, and because of this thread, I've downloaded the C25K app, and Im excited to get to the gym tomorrow to start!!!
    I don't think I would have ever considered running if it wasn't for you, your motivation, and your success to date!!!!
    Your goals are goals for us all!!

YOU CAN DO IT GIRL! Take it one day & one step at a time.
  • Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    hello there! :glasses:
  • smokedragon97
    smokedragon97 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Aloha!! No doubts about it, you can do the 5K. The training program is definitely a great way to start and grab some friends to train with you if at all possible. I thought my friends were crazy signing up for the Great Aloha Run (they have a free weekly training program if you are signed up for the run) in 2008 but we did it; and its just like everyone states - once you start running, you get caught up in the crowd and the excitement and before you know it - the 8.15 mile run is over! And your like, what? No way did I just run 8 MILES!!! Lol.

Since then I had to undergo some major surgery and it took me 9 months to learn how to walk again - during that time I gained 86lbs that I am diligently attempting to lose; although it seems aggrevatingly stubborn and just does NOT want to go away. I have lost 26lbs so far with 42 more pounds to go! Add me as a friend and we can motivate each other to lose this weight! We can do it! ;o)
  • NomadicKris
    Options
    Hi :D

I just read through your first post - and then decided to see what is coming up in my area - there is a 5k in September so I am setting that as my new goal, thanks for the inspiration :D

Good luck!!

Kris.
  • camelgirlmn
    camelgirlmn Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hello and congrats on losing 20 pounds! Thats awesome :) And then to think a 5k run. Wooo. You can do it though!!! It will be a tough road but stick to it. If you believe in yourself anything is possible :)

~Amber~
  • NostalgicMuse
    NostalgicMuse Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I decided to run because I always wanted to...and now that i turned 40...there's no going back as it will get harder with age...so I decided to sign up for the couch to 5K at the local Y and alos registered for a run down in the city.
    At this point I have nothing to lose, I'm making new friends on here, I'm improving my health.....so from here it all looks like good news :)

I'm doing C25K as well. Add me if you want someone to cheer you on! :)
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Allo! Please feel free to shoot me an add :)
  • pushnhard
    pushnhard Posts: 51
    Options
    Good Deal! You ought to be proud! You are so gonna smoke that 5k,,,BTW.....Insanity rocks!
  • Chickabittie
    Chickabittie Posts: 272
    Options
    Hi!! Congrats on your massive weight loss!! Good luck with the 5k, sounds like fun!! I was doing the couch to 5K training program, and it is really good! There are some great podcasts with awesome music to keep you going. Have fun!!!!
  • nichojanes
    nichojanes Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Good luck with the preparation for the 5k. i use an Android app called RunDouble which has really helped me, and I am near the end of that now. I'm sure with a bit of training you'll smash the 5k.
  • StarIsMoving
    StarIsMoving Posts: 437
    Options
    Nice to meet you! Great goals and nice progress so far! I have taken off 53 and still have almost 40 left to go before I will be happy. I walk/run/Tae Bo/Bootcamp/tennis/biking/elliptical/strength training/swimming/etc for my fitness end. Wish you the best of luck and feel free to add if you like :)
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I will agree with all the folks who have recommended C25K. I have never been a runner, always had too many knee problems and anytime I tried I gave up within a session or two. I read so many posts about C25K that I decided to try it. Took me several months before I got started, and didn't actually think I would finish. But, I did!!! And, signed up and ran a 5K (first time ever at 51)--to my own amazement. Now I run 5k 3 times a week. It's not much in the world of runners, but for me it is a major accomplishment. Best of luck.