time to stop eating

Options
2»

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    You know 6 months ago the majority of replies would tell her not to eat past 7pm. This thread gives me hope =)

I am sure a 'should I eat breakfast' thread will come along soon that wil shatter that hope!

OK - didn't need a new thread.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    haha! ^^^^
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,251 Member
    Options
    You know 6 months ago the majority of replies would tell her not to eat past 7pm. This thread gives me hope =)

I am sure a 'should I eat breakfast' thread will come along soon that wil shatter that hope!

Oh, I know the answer! You should always eat breakfast because otherwise you will want to eat at night before bed and get fat! Do I get a gold star? =P
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    if you go to bed at ten, i would stop eating at 9:59
  • arvs78
    arvs78 Posts: 4
    Options
    balance diet and exercise
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I saw Bob Harper (Biggest Loser Coach) on Rachel Ray and he said that if you are trying to lose wait, do not eat anything 3 hrs before you go to bed. He did warn that you will be hungry when going to bed, but it will boost weight loss. I've been doing it, and when I wake up in the morning, I work out before I eat anything. I feel like it burns more stored fat than burning cals that you have just eaten. This works for me anyways.
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    I don't eat after 6-7pm most of the time closer to 6pm and I am never hungry :) I eat healthy and do portion control. It work for me. If you are hungry eat fruits, or veggies, maybe 1 slice of ham just to stop your cravings. By the way if you eat at 10pm what happens is that by the afternoon your metabolism is already slowed down which means that your body will not have time to burn the energy( food that you eat at 10) and this will get stuck on you, but of course it depends, how much you eat, what kind of food and how much you workout and so on. I would just follow a healthy eating habits, healthy workout schedule and not worry about so much calories and so on :P It worked for me I lost already 24 lbs total :)))
    Check out healthy recipes, I upload daily what I eat here :)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cooking-ideasHomemade-Healthy-Foods/179121125503371

www.bodyrock.tv
    www.myomytv.com
    www.diet.com
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    There is absolutely no evidence that meal timing impacts weight loss or metabolism, all other things being equal (i.e. macros and calories for the day remain the same). That goes for evening meals and breakfasts.

There may however be an individual impact regarding the timing of meals and the likelihood of hitting said targets.
  • Moretakitty
    Moretakitty Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I worried about that myself, until I started my weight loss program at the hospital.
    Since I am up between 8-9 am and awake to almost 2am, I am scheduled to eat every 3 hours to ensure I don't get hungry. This means I have a scheduled mini meal (100 cals 10 gms protein) at midnight.
    It's working for me so doctor says to eat, I eat! :)
  • ajbltn
    ajbltn Posts: 57
    Options
    I think going to bed hungry us far worse than going to bed full. :)
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    If I go to bed hungry, I wake up at 3am and binge because I'm frakkin' starving. Ergo, eating before bed works for me.