having a hard time and I need encouragement and support

Options
I am 21 years old, an only child and my mother and step dad are all I have really..i've been striveing to lose weight for myself but also because my mom has cancer and i want to lower my risk factors to hopefully lower my risk of one day getting cancer as well, so I am trying to get healthier.

My mom has been between the hospital and rehab facility not home the past 2 months and a week. On January 1st of this year we found out she had essentially two different cancers large masses on her overies and a mass in her rectum. Shortly after that she had surgery to remove the masses on her overies, gave her a full hystarectomy and a collostomy bag (for her waste incase you don't know what that is my spelling isn't the best). She survived that and was able to bounce back where then she started 6 weeks of 24/7 chemo and 6 weeks of radiation every day. During the time she was doing alright until towards the end she started getting in a lot of pain, always sick throwing up and going to the bathroom constantly and loseing a lot of fluids and weight. She was in the hospital twice for dehighdration. On April 13th (friday the 13th) I had to call 911 to rush my mom to the emergancy room cause she was in severe pain for about two and half days and had started throwing up black stuff. They had to do emergancy surgery becaus a part of her intestine had ruptured. My mom at this point was considered malnurished and they were worried she wouldn't even survive surgery or recovery. She did make it through surgery but still is recovering since with few set backs here and there. Now unfortunatelly when they did the emergancy surgery they put a new bag on her an illiostomy bag which is higher up on her intestines which means that everything she puts in her body just goes right into her bag and doesn't get obsorbed. This means allll of her counts are low such as her sodium, magnessium, potassium, and her blood she has had 4-5 transfussions so far. The concern is that the bag is going to keep putting out to much and they can't keep up with it and she will continue to lose weight she had started at about 220 before january and is not 125 and well it is all very scary. We also found out today one of her surgeons took a look at the cancer for the first time since before she started treatments and said it didn't look like it had shrunk at all and now they have to do another pet scan on her re-evaluate the cancer and what stage she may be. The worst case scenerio is that she has to have surgery to remove the cancer, recunstruct her rectum & vagina and fix her illiostomy bag all before her body is ready or strong enough to do so then we risk her not making it through the surgery or recovery. I am trying to do my best to stay positive for her and my step dad and also working on myself to get healthy but it is alllll so hard. I am asking for those who are spiritual and religious that you start a prayer chain for my mother you never know the power of prayer and what it can do so I ask anyone and everyone to keep her in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks, I know this is for weight loss support and motivation but I need it for not only my weight loss but for my fmaily as well.

<3

Replies

• laverne325
    laverne325 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    God Bless this family!
  • wondergurl25
    Options
    thank you! <3
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I told you that I lost my Mom 3 years ago to Ovarian cancer. Faith is what will get you through this time of complete loss and fear. God always has a plan. We dont know that plan, and maybe we dont even like it, but it is thru his hands that all things are done. Just ask him for strenght to help you through this time and try to keep your head above water. Praying for you and yours.
  • wondergurl25
    Options
    I told you that I lost my Mom 3 years ago to Ovarian cancer. Faith is what will get you through this time of complete loss and fear. God always has a plan. We dont know that plan, and maybe we dont even like it, but it is thru his hands that all things are done. Just ask him for strenght to help you through this time and try to keep your head above water. Praying for you and yours.

I know and thank you both my mother and I have decided it is all in gods hands this is his plan and what he wants shall be. I am just going to do my best to cherrish every moment I have with her when I visit her, staying positive and keeping the faith a live it's the only thing I can do I love her so much she is my everything so I have to do what I can and im going to..thank you <3
  • calroseangelo
    Options
    You have a lot on your plate and have a great attitude. I will be praying for your family...God bless!!!
  • angelraguel
    angelraguel Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Sounds very similar to what my nan had. she didnt have the ovarian bit but she had a bag and they took away alot of her colon so hers was high up too. she had a cancer that was pressing against her tummy as well as her rectum and that made her throw up all the time. We all took turns to nurse her, she was told she had a year to live and lasted a year and a half, the last 6 months were just aweful (I would do it all again though), there was nothing anyone could do for her and she later passed on.
    I feel for you hun, I really do, its not easy and i think your truly amazing for doing everything your doing and dieting as well!! I wish your mum and pray that she will be strong enough to have her surgery and to beat this! she seems like a fighter and so do you! god bless your family
  • wondergurl25
    Options
    thanks everyone your words bring me tears but tears of hope and positiveity thanks for the kind words and prayers i appreciate it so much more than anyone will ever know.
  • mhatzer
    mhatzer Posts: 5
    Options
    You have my full encouragement and support!!
  • flamax
    flamax Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I will pray for you!!! Be strong.
  • bisland
    bisland Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    You and your family are on my prayer list, you certainly have your plate full at this time. I would encourage you to make sure you get out and get some exercise out doors even if it is only a few minutes a day. You need this time for yourself and it will be a great stress release. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • ninamariesanchez
    Options
    Hi my name is Nina, Lord I come before you to lift this family up to you. Father may your very spirit comfort them and continue to show them that you have a perfect plan for them. Lord as they go through more Dr visits may you continue to let them know any way you can that you are walking with them and you are hurting with them. Lord you are the first one who felt pain and you know their pain. Will you give this young lady the strength to keep herself in constant communion with you so that she can be strengthened by your spirit and your spirit alone. Father I pray for her mother and step father we thank you that you work everything out for your good even in illnesses that are hard for the family to go through. Father your word says in Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Father help them to stand on your promises and your word of comfort through this Lord you are Worthy of all of our praise no matter what we face here on this earth. I thank you and know that you are a Mighty Powerful God In Jesus Name Amen
  • Traceyrohrer
    Traceyrohrer Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I needed to hear this. Believe it or not you motivated me to lose the weight. I have had cancer and do not want it to come back. I need to get the weight off so I have a better chance of it staying away. I am so sorry that you and your family has to go through this. I will pray for you and your family. I was told the day I found out I had cancer "what God brings you to he will bring you through". I told myself that every time I was scared. It helped so much to know God the great physician was on my side. I also know where I am going after I leave this world and that helped also. I will send a friend request would love to have you as a friend. God Bless!!
  • wondergurl25
    Options
    all of your words and stories bring me tears, but i appreciate all the support and kind words and of course the prayers we can always use as many as we can get thanks.
  • kiddoc88
    kiddoc88 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    my thoughts and prayers are with you, your mom, and the rest of your family and loved ones. Always willing to lend support
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Our prayers will surely be with you and your family, your mom must be one strong lady! My heart goes out to her! xoxo
  • siennas
    siennas Posts: 2
    Options
    hi i have a hard time with encouragement also. i am on my stationary bike right now. i REALLY want to get off it and lay down, but knowing that there are other people out there such as urself makes me want to keep going. so just keep thinking that. your not the only one. i tell myself that all the time just to keep me going. good luck
  • siennas
    siennas Posts: 2
    Options
    i hope all works out well with your mom. my thoughts and prayers are with you
  • typingathome
    typingathome Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Praying for your mom and for strength for you and your family. Add me if you like. I am on at night since I work the graveyard shift, but I am here if you need to talk.
  • number1ladyballa
    number1ladyballa Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a prayer chain that stems from the west shores to the eastern shores of the United States of America. We will all pray for you and your family. I cried when I read your story. To go thru all of this is very trying on a person and their faith. If you want you can add me as a friend and I will do my best to encourage and support you every day. I know I need all the support and encouragement I can get also.
  • wondergurl25
    Options
    thank you so very much everyone it is appreciated so much, and a prayer chain is awesome thank you!