zumba 20 minute express challenge

Options
Starting today!
We can check in every week with our progress, why did I choose the 20 minute express? Because this challenge is also aimed
to those of us who have kids, full time jobs and hardly any time to ourselves!!!
So... let me know who's in and feel free to add me to check each others progress!!!!! :D

Details:
Take a picture of yourself today before you start.
Check in with progress and pics every Friday on this thread.
You can start any time, just join in but check ins will still be every Friday!
Feel free to ask any questions as well
If you do not have a pedometer or HRM there's a website where you can
calculate your zumba burned calories!
http://www.zumbacalories.com/

WHO'S IN????

Replies

• lvpthemvp
    lvpthemvp Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Yay! Great idea! In!
  • jlp100
    jlp100 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Me too.... I have zumba on the wii - i'm guessing that's ok?
  • Assassins_Angel
    Options
    i do the 50 mins 4 times a week.. can i still join??
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Thank you...

It least there is a website that has that information.

The bad thing is that the myfitnesspal.com database does not have the calorie burn information on Zumba...
  • lippy1727
    lippy1727 Posts: 53
    Options
    Im in, do you just do zumba from a fitness video??
  • cookiefluff
    cookiefluff Posts: 115
    Options
    Hi guys!!! Yeah, I have the 20 minute express DVD but any Zumba workout is fine!!! As long as it's zumba! I chose the 20 minute one because there are so many like me that just don't have time to workout! But there's always time to squeeze in a 20 minute workout just before shower time! Right??? So, don't forget to add eachother and me so we can motivate and checkout each others progress!!!

Woo-hoo!!!! :happy:
  • darthrogue
    darthrogue Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I have Zumba on the wii too, how often per week are we aiming for? Sounds like fun and 20 min of zumba goes by so quickly :o)
  • lindasueloma
    Options
    I do Zumba at least 3-4 times a week, but do not know how to calculate calories burned. Any help?? I do an hour 3-4 times per week.
  • lindasueloma
    Options
    I re-read your post cookiefluff..thanks for the zumba calorie calculator. I tried it and cannot beleive that I burn 597 calories...that is moderate level..wow!! thanks for the websie!
  • cookiefluff
    Options
    I re-read your post cookiefluff..thanks for the zumba calorie calculator. I tried it and cannot beleive that I burn 597 calories...that is moderate level..wow!! thanks for the websie!

you're welcome Lindasue!!! It's amazing isn't it????!!!!
  • cookiefluff
    Options
    I'm in, I have Zumba on the wii too, how often per week are we aiming for? Sounds like fun and 20 min of zumba goes by so quickly :o)

Hey Darth, I was aiming for everyday, as it's only 20 minutes and it's quite easy but you still get a decent sweat out of it! But if you do more minutes you can divide it throughout the week! No worries! :D
  • maggiepz
    maggiepz Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba. I'm in. How different is Zumba for Wii rather than an actual class? Right now I've been taking a class once a week but want to do more since I burn off so many calories.
  • cookiefluff
    Options
    I just finished today's 20 minute express Zumba session, and I feel great!!!

Who else, who else????!!!! :bigsmile:
  • cookiefluff
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba. I'm in. How different is Zumba for Wii rather than an actual class? Right now I've been taking a class once a week but want to do more since I burn off so many calories.

Hi Maggie!!! I'm sure that a 20 minute session on the Wii would be the same as the DVDs, roughly! Welcome aboard! There are a few girls that are going to do it with their Wii too! :wink:
  • lilmzzgreeneyez
    lilmzzgreeneyez Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    i normally go to an hour long zumba class 3 times a week. this week its probably only going to be twice but im in if you wil let me. lol i have been calculating my calories on that site for a while. it says at mid intensity for an hour long class i burn aroung 1025 calories. (i weigh 287 lbs) when i started the class though i was 305 lbs less than a month ago lol!!! love it!
  • cookiefluff
    Options
    i normally go to an hour long zumba class 3 times a week. this week its probably only going to be twice but im in if you wil let me. lol i have been calculating my calories on that site for a while. it says at mid intensity for an hour long class i burn aroung 1025 calories. (i weigh 287 lbs) when i started the class though i was 305 lbs less than a month ago lol!!! love it!

Of course you can join!!! Better if you have more time to do longer sessions! But we are aiming for 20 minutes a day! But like I said before if you do longer sessions and divide them throughout the week, it's all good!!
    The reason I started this 20 minute express challenge is so that the ladies that don't have enough time to themselves, including me, have a place where we fit in, fitness-wise and not feel intimidated LOL!

Welcome aboard!
  • lilmzzgreeneyez
    lilmzzgreeneyez Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    yea if i had the 20 minute express dvd or whatever to do it i woudl probably do it at home. but i would triple it cause i would do zumba daily for an hour if i could. (i dont have a babysitter every day to go to the gym for the classes lol) i love zumba its so fun and even when im tired while doing it i still wanna do it more cause its so fun. plus my instructor uses awesome songs that i love to sing along to.
  • tenikb02
    tenikb02 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm IN!!!
  • jessicam319
    jessicam319 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba for the Wii and I love it. I did Zumba once at a charity event called "Blacklight Zumba" where everyone dressed in neon or white and did Zumba in the blacklight and I loved it. I actually bought a used Wii just so I could buy the Zumba game and it wasn't too expensive, maybe $130 for the system and the game. You can pick from a short, medium, or long length class and after you're done a class it tells you how many calories you've burned- which I think is an awesome feature especially when I'm logging my exercise on MFP. There are also different instensities of classes from low and medium to high so you can pick one according to the workout you're going for that day. If you enjoy Zumba and are willing to buy a wii, I would definitely reccomend it. I love Zumba so it makes it really easy for me to get in a daily workout.
  • TOPSrainee
    TOPSrainee Posts: 47
    Options
    I love Zumba! I'm in! :D

I just checked on the Zumba calories website, and I burn 1105 calories an hour at high intensity... WOW!

Just to clarify, are we supposed to post a photo every week, or just post how much we've lost, or...? I doubt my photo would look that different every week.