Official 30 Day shred thread!

Options

Replies

• creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I did Day 5 of Level 1 this morning and I am sore! But it is such a good kind of sore. I know it must be doing something or I wouldn't be hobbling around the office. Lol

I agree with what another poster said earlier, the pushups are the hardest part, IMO.
  • scgroom
    scgroom Posts: 7
    Options
    I just started Level 2 today - Holy Moley! I was slick with sweat. I feel like such a novice!
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I have worked at Level one for the past two days. I'm not good at it...I have a bad knee and all the going to the floor and getting back up slows me down....I'm thinking I might have to adjust the floor work to something standing......

How heavy are the hand weights supposed to be?
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    The hand weights are start with 3 pounds.
  • TArnold2012
    Options
    I saw it on youtube also. Just type in Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred
  • acelynp2
    acelynp2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I started today. Level 1. Definitely harder than I expected! My arms and shoulders are a little sore and my calves a bit too.
    Tomorrow I am doing my gym circuit class so I will skip the shred. Will do it again Sat morning, with a 3mi run or walk.

Good luck!! We can do this!
  • ajoy1332
    ajoy1332 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I just started Level 2 today - Holy Moley! I was slick with sweat. I feel like such a novice!
    I just did day 4 level 2 and it doesn't seem to be getting much easier..so much harder then level 1 haha. I'm kinda scared to see what level 3 is like!
  • jayfo1994
    jayfo1994 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It took me 3 stores but I finally found the DVD @ walmart. I started last night and I was winded just from the warm up! Yikes....I'm in big trouble with this one. I did push through the rest of it (like everyone says the pushups are rough!) and never sweated so much in my life...and that was only after the first circut!!

I don't think I could do this every single day. I can barely move my arms today. I may alternate this with my C25K.
  • kathleenp518
    kathleenp518 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I will be doing Level 1 Day 3 later today. It kills but it's worth it! I love it so far! Good luck!
  • youcanhumpmyleg
    Options
    just completed day ten of level one, starting on level 2 tomorrow sooo not looking forward to it haha! !
  • Chrissi77
    Chrissi77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have started this a couple times with my neighbor but we have never finished the 30 days. Will start again tonight!!
  • kelledin
    kelledin Posts: 11
    Options
    How is everyone getting on? I did day two of Level one this morning and I have a 5k run tonight as well. I don't think that will be happening when I get to Level 3 haha!
  • imaj79
    imaj79 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Day 1, Level 1 completed last night!!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I just started 30DS Level 1 last night and found this thread this morning. Looking forward to seeing how everyone progresses.
  • chablie
    chablie Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks a bunch for that schedule. I have had the 30ds for sometime but didn't know there was a schedule. I would love to start with everyone but I am traveling back home from my sisters and that's a 10 hour drive and then we have to turn around and get up early to travel to Wisconsin for my cousins wedding, so if you don't mind me being a few days behind I would love the support and motivation that would come with doing the 30ds in this group. Let me know. If not good luck and I will still keep an eye on the posts and ask questions if I have any :)
  • tjphelps73
    tjphelps73 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I started it last night - I will not tell a lie - I completed the 20 mins but could not do everything. This morning I am sore BUT I will do it again tonight as well as with basic cardio today.

Changing our Lives - ONE DAY AT A TIME!!!

Good Luck
  • amorvincit105
    Options
    Hey ladies!! I want to join this thread! I just got the dvd and will be starting it tomorrow (I am getting a dvd player tonight because i just moved)! Cant wait! anyone seeing any results?
  • LlostInSpace
    Options
    Today will be my day 3! Strangely, once you get to lever 3 I think it is quite easy. Well, not as hard as you'd expect!
    Good luck everyone!
  • TArnold2012
    Options
    I made Day 2 level 1 today. Parts that seemed easy last night seemed hard today and some of the parts that seemed hard last night seemed easier today. I do like doing it earlier in the day and getting it out of the way for the day and also when I was done last night I seemed geared up and it took me a longer then usual to get to sleep.
  • mandamommy3
    mandamommy3 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I finished Level 1 Day 5 today. It was so much easier today than when I started on Monday and I am no longer sore. I'm taking the weekend for recovery.

I'm hoping by the time I get through the whole thing I can do a whole set of real push ups, not just from the knee.