C25K NSV's

Options
2»

Replies

• AngieBil
    AngieBil Posts: 28
    Options
    BEST. APP. EVER. Seriously, I could barely run 30 seconds when I started. After 8 weeks, I ran a 5K race... ran the entire thing without needing a break. That in itself was a NSV for me. :)
    Also, my problem area has always been my legs/lower body, this is serisouly the best workout for that, it's slimming/leaning out and I'm just so happy with what C25K has done. And it's FREE!
  • dobberloon
    dobberloon Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    This is very motivating! I just completed W3 today and I swear...I was going to die this morning on the treadmill! It was so hard! I am really struggling w/ breathing when I run. I have slowed down my pace to 5.0 when running and 3.5 when walking...I just cant imagine that I have to go even slower???? I'm terrified to increase to running 5 mins at a time next wk!!!!

Go ahead and slow down! My walking pace when I started was under 3.0 mph and I didn't break 4.0 in running until week 6. This time I made sure I was enjoying it instead of pushing it. Good luck.
  • perdie7
    perdie7 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    good job....All of you. I had to do week 1 and 3 two times. And when I got to where I could do the 2.25 miles, one day I said humm I think i can keep going, I did all the way to 3.

then a few weeks later, I was running my 3 miles and i though I think I will try for four, and I did!!

and yesterday I decided to go for 5 miles on a rough course, at least on hill every mile...and I did it!!!
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! MFP and the C25K may be great, but the "best thing" is you following through and doing so well! :flowerforyou:
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Stick with it - You can do it!! I was introduced to C25K about 8 years ago ( that was before phone apps and we had to print out the pages to follow the program). Over the last 8 years I STARTED the program a minimum of 5 times but never finished until last Sunday. It is an amazing feeling to complete C25K, on that day it finally clicked in my head that I am a runner! I started C210K this week - this time it won't take me 8 years to finish :)

Congratulations on your progress!!!
  • Drastiic
    Drastiic Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Just finished Week 3 this morning. I'm 30 and I'm jogging with my father who is 68 years old. W1D1 was horrible as both of us had such a hard time jogging for 30 seconds, and we felt like we were going to die. Today W3D3, we extended the last 3 min jog into 5 minutes, so we've come a long way. We haven't had to repeat any weeks. Our jogging speed is only 4 mph, but we're working on our form and endurance not speed.
  • slippymcgee
    Options
    Congrats! It's such a great feeling. I start week 7 on monday. I love the program and the app for the iPod. You can listen to music while someone coaches you on when to run or walk. I can't believe I ran two miles in 20 minutes!
  • dobberloon
    dobberloon Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Whew!! Just finished W7D2! I don't know how fast I ran (my pedometer is goofy) or how far (ditto), I just know I finished it - strong but beat. I know I will finish the C25K (30 minutes) but I think I will still have a lot of work to do to run 3.1 miles - and do it without music and the wonderful trainer gal with the British accent that is on my app. This time I think I've got the time, the energy and the motivation. I can't stress enough how unusual this is for me. I have never been disciplined at anything! My life is full of unfinished projects and good intentions but not much follow through. Actually finishing it will feel so great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!