Syntha 6 Protein?

Options
brianchi
brianchi Posts: 71 Member
Has anyone tried this or have any information?

I usually use the cheap stuff at Target like EAS, Pure Protien, Muscletec, etc. I decided I want something better and asked the trainer at the gym. She recommended Syntha 6 for me.

Is it really that much higher quality? Because it smells and tastes awful. I am not a picky eater at all but this stuff is disgusting. If it is that much better quality, I will stick with it. But as far as taste goes, I'm sure gasoline would taste better.....

Maybe it is just expired......I should probably check.

Replies

• tlamarch
    tlamarch Posts: 105
    Options
    I really like gold standard Protein, gets get reveiws from the heath world, tastes yummy and you normally can find it on sale for 50 ish bucks for 5lbs
  • msdoan
    msdoan Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Funny that you hate the taste of Syntha because it's one of the only ones I like! I think it all goes back to finding what works for you because what works for you might not work for everyone else and vice versa.
  • mommyJto3
    mommyJto3 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I recently bought Syntha-6 chocolate mint due to recommendation from the cashier at Vitamin Shoppe. I also bought a tub of ON vanilla ice cream.

To me, the Syntha-6 has a great taste, but its so hard to get a good consistency. It does not mix well in my blender cup and shaking vigorously for 30 seconds. I feel it would probably be better in a blender, but I dont have time for that. The ON mixes well, and I used to drink Dymatize Elite which tastes good and mixes well. Vitamin Shoppe doesnt sell their chocolate mint flavor anymore, thats why I bought Syntha-6.
  • brianchi
    brianchi Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'm reading reviews online and everyone raves about the taste. I wonder if mine is seriously expired. They do not sell much supplements at my gym so maybe it's been in that cabinet for a while.

I want good quality, but it has to taste good.
  • Kandyhar
    Kandyhar Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have the syntha-6 chocolate milkshake and have tried their cookies and cream... both are sooo delicious. I actually crave the chocolate milkshake... I drink about a quarter out of a cold bottle of water, then pour one scoop in my bottle via a funnel and shake the hell out of it. seems to work and I don't have to wash any stinky shakers.

trying to research if it's the healthiest though... there are a bunch of ingredients in it that I don't know what they are...
  • savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Only one i will drink is gaspari myofusion any of them tastes good..and quality brand