200+ group (week 2)

Options
Hey it's Heather! Sorry I was late to start a new thread I wasnt sure if you guys wanted to! Let's have a good week, we are getting closer to our goal but I know we can do it! Let's keep up the good work everyone!:bigsmile: !

Replies

• pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    I found you :happy:

I have been taking it easy this week and only doing 1 exercise session a day. My body just felt like it needed a rest. I will probably have to kick it up a few notches for the weekend. We are having company - an old friend from high school (23 years ago)... I am sure we will eat out, eat snacks and have a few drinks :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: We haven't seen this friend in over 10 years and are really excited - to me this is more important than Thanksgiving - so I plan to adapt and have a nice time and not feel guilty.

I have been drinking all of my water :bigsmile: and eating well. I even packed a salad for lunch yesterday.

I can't wait for Friday's weigh in. I hope everyone else is having a wonderful week. Together we can do this.
  • HeaterM
    HeaterM Posts: 275
    Options
    I've been trying to eat salads as well. I have trouble getting all my water it :indifferent: Friday I will weigh myself with a different scale then at the docs and that bugs me.:ohwell: I think i will start walking to the doctors when ever I have to go, its about a 30min walk
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Thanks Heather for organizing this group :flowerforyou:

Walking to the doctors is a great idea. I would be scared to weigh-in on a dif scale as well. Thankfully my husband is geek and had to have a "doctor scale" so we bought one like you see there several years ago. It's kinda fun to move the weights over and wait for the arm to balance out. It would take me over 6 hours to walk to the doctor's (18 miles away :grumble: ) but I would definitely get my exercise in.
  • diehard412
    diehard412 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    do u allow males to join ur group ;) lol jk

im scott.. i was in the 300 club back when i was playing football... now im down to about 220 : ) im stuggling to lose the last 10 lbs to reach my goal :)

cant wait to talk with yall:))
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I'm here :-)
  • diehard412
    diehard412 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    welcome blombie.. im new here... didnt know if this was a girls only topic :( hope im not intruding ;)
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    welcome blombie.. im new here... didnt know if this was a girls only topic :( hope im not intruding ;)

nah, its not a girls only club....the more the merrier!
  • dldodson75
    Options
    Found yall!!! :happy:
    Hope everyone is having a great week so far :flowerforyou:
    Sorry I need to vent :grumble: I have misplaced my workout motivation, I want to, know I need to, but dont have the energy, coupled with headaches, isomnia, blah blah blah. This generally happens about a week before "jane" comes to town :explode: Maybe if I had got on a better workout schedule they wouldnt be so easy to dodge right now, Ill put that theory to test next month :wink: A good note I have stayed right on track eating within my limits, planning/logging all meals and so far have not been craving the usuals. I have not lost that motivation :bigsmile: I also tend to dodge the scale right now, it really brings me down to know Im doing things right and will see a 5+ gain do to "jane" :explode:
    Anyhow keepin on the sunnyside :drinker:

SW- 248 (10-22-09)
    CW-239 (11-02-09)
    GW-232 (By Thanksgiving)
    Final Goal 170 (no time frame hopefully by May of 10)
  • zombiebullet
    Options
    Hello everybody,
    Hope you all are having a great Wednesday !
    Can anyone recommend something to drink other than water I get my 64 oz a day and i need a little more flavor! I got rid of soda and switched to diet drinks and I know they are bad for you but I'm slowly weening off them! Any suggestions would really be helpful.
    Charlie
  • HeaterM
    Options
    do u allow males to join ur group ;) lol jk

im scott.. i was in the 300 club back when i was playing football... now im down to about 220 : ) im stuggling to lose the last 10 lbs to reach my goal :)

cant wait to talk with yall:))

As Blombie says it's who ever wants to join!! I'm keeping track of the weigh loss tab I will post it after thanksgiving If you want to be on it i just need to know you starting weight, current weight, and goal for thanksgiving?? Best of luck on the 10 lbs your really close!!
  • HeaterM
    Options
    Found yall!!! :happy:
    Hope everyone is having a great week so far :flowerforyou:
    Sorry I need to vent :grumble: I have misplaced my workout motivation, I want to, know I need to, but dont have the energy, coupled with headaches, isomnia, blah blah blah. This generally happens about a week before "jane" comes to town :explode: Maybe if I had got on a better workout schedule they wouldnt be so easy to dodge right now, Ill put that theory to test next month :wink: A good note I have stayed right on track eating within my limits, planning/logging all meals and so far have not been craving the usuals. I have not lost that motivation :bigsmile: I also tend to dodge the scale right now, it really brings me down to know Im doing things right and will see a 5+ gain do to "jane" :explode:
    Anyhow keepin on the sunnyside :drinker:

SW- 248 (10-22-09)
    CW-239 (11-02-09)
    GW-232 (By Thanksgiving)
    Final Goal 170 (no time frame hopefully by May of 10)

Is it possible not to tell if you bloat from being heavy, because alot of ppl gain around the time the get "jane" and I dont seem to notice if i get bigger or not?
  • HeaterM
    Options
    Thanks Heather for organizing this group :flowerforyou:

Walking to the doctors is a great idea. I would be scared to weigh-in on a dif scale as well. Thankfully my husband is geek and had to have a "doctor scale" so we bought one like you see there several years ago. It's kinda fun to move the weights over and wait for the arm to balance out. It would take me over 6 hours to walk to the doctor's (18 miles away :grumble: ) but I would definitely get my exercise in.

I live far away too that was just me walking from school :) And it's no problem about organizing this though im not very good at it:blushing: But it helps keep me on track! Does anyone have an idea that we should try like how last week was drink our water...sould we try to cut sweets for the rest of the week?
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    Hello everybody,
    Hope you all are having a great Wednesday !
    Can anyone recommend something to drink other than water I get my 64 oz a day and i need a little more flavor! I got rid of soda and switched to diet drinks and I know they are bad for you but I'm slowly weening off them! Any suggestions would really be helpful.
    Charlie

I get a daily email from the Jillian Michael's website and in one of those, she said you don't NECESSARILY have to drink 64 oz of water. Its 64 oz of water from everything you eat and drink for the day. That doesn't mean we don't have to drink water, but we get it from food and we don't even realize it.

That being said...have you tried the drink sticks? Its the powder stuff you can add to water for the flavor. Just make sure to check the label cause some times theres sodium or sugar in it that you don't expect.

My mom uses those at restaurants...she'll order water and when the waiter comes back, her drink is purple (grape) and she has to explain it to them. Its pretty funny. (plus is saves money cause water is free at restaurants!)
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    For getting my water in, I try and drink a big glass when I get up in the morning, but throughout the day, I use the crystal light pour in sticks, because I need a bit of flavor to get all of it in. What I do though is they say to put one in for 16 oz of water. I have a 32oz water bottle, and I just use one stick for it, so the flavor isn't as strong, but it's there!

Everyone is doing great!

And pinbotchick, don't feel better at all about when your friend visits. We all will have those days where it's more important to just hang out and be with them and not be so nitpicky about what you're eating. It's all about just getting back on track afterwards.

Did day 7 of step 1 of the 30 day shred today. It's gotten much easier, and am looking forward to the next step. I'm highly impressed that i've done it that many days in the row. That has to be a record for me. The eating has been going well this week (after the Monday debacle), so that's a plus. I'm definitely curious as to how much weight I've lost this week... I'm trying to refrain from weighing until our day, and while I'd like to lose a lot, I'm trying not to make it a priority. Slow and steady is okay with me.

And bags, welcome to the group!
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    hope everyone is doing great! some comments on other posts...
    Of course men are welcome, at least as far as im concerned. weight issues is a gender neutral topic.

Drinks othter than water. You could have unsweetened (or use splenda) iced tea. After I get in my daily water, I allow myself to drink nonfat milk, or crystal light (no soda though).

So for our thanksgiving goal, are we supposed to weigh in that morning, and tell ya where we are?
    And when AF comes to visit me, I tell myself I just need to walk for 30 minutes, which is better than nothing.
    have a good week!! Im excited about friday's weigh in too..I am hoping to be out of the 220's!! (fingers crossed!)
    And Pinto, that is great that your friend is coming to visit. Have fun, and have a great time, but don't let youself allow for excuses to eat badly. Try to make good choices. Arm yourself with good choices that you can eat when you go out. You'll only beat yourself up in the end if you choose crappy food and gain weight. Friends, holidays and outings will always be in our lives, we have the power to arm ourselves with knowledge and eat the right foods!! good luck!!
  • zombiebullet
    Options
    Thanks for all the great advice !
  • HeaterM
    Options
    well I was hoping if you guys have time post it in the moring or afternoon so i can record them all at night and get it posted asap :bigsmile:
  • LittleSister
    LittleSister Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Well, I have a confession to make. I started a couple of days ago, and posted my starting weight at 220. Basically, I just couldn't make myself get on the scales, so I took a guess. I weighed myself this morning, and I'm actually 222. That's only 2 pounds more than my guess, but I did go change my starting weight. So I have 52, not 50, pounds to lose. Oh well!

I would be very happy if I could be at 199 by March! Slow & steady wins the race.
  • HeaterM
    Options
    Well, I have a confession to make. I started a couple of days ago, and posted my starting weight at 220. Basically, I just couldn't make myself get on the scales, so I took a guess. I weighed myself this morning, and I'm actually 222. That's only 2 pounds more than my guess, but I did go change my starting weight. So I have 52, not 50, pounds to lose. Oh well!

I would be very happy if I could be at 199 by March! Slow & steady wins the race.

Hey you got very close!!:bigsmile:
  • HeaterM
    Options
    I hope everyone has a good day today :bigsmile: