New to ALL of this...

Options
2»

Replies

• senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome to MFP!

The work is all on you honey - BUT this place is great for tips, motivations and lots of support. I wish you luck on your weight lose journey! Friend me of you want :)
  • jenkinsjerry
    jenkinsjerry Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hello Gidget,

One guy I'd recommend you leverage as a supplement to MFP is Mr. Zig Ziglar. He's been my hero for the last 6 years or so, as down to earth motivational speaker, I've benefitted from his wisdom in many ways. One of his axioms is, "Changing the picture", or the picture or vision we have of ourselves. He suggests changing your picture to who you once were in HS, when maybe you were at a very good weight, or if not, cut out a picture from a magazine of someone you'd like to look like, and then let that person become your new hero. From there, you can leverage MFP to get there, at a very safe, 2LBs per week. He also has a "goals program", which is a basic system for achieving goals that really works. A simple one for you is that in one year from now, you can weigh 112 less LBS. So find out what day is 56 weeks from now, and write it down in print, of what you'll weigh on that day. Put this in a place where you can see it regularly, perhaps right along side of the picture of your hero, and let those two images drive you to success. Lastly, surround yourself with people that will support and not disuade you. You can do this, so as long as you change your thinking and your picture about who you can and will be.

Great luck to you,
    JJJ
  • Elo99
    Elo99 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me, I'd be happy to be a part of your journey :happy:
  • TaniaW74
    TaniaW74 Posts: 27
    Options
    Hi. I'm also 38 and a mum of 2 and was feeling rather like you back at the start of March but using this site and the support and tips I get from the guys and girls here I'm going in the right direction. Feel free to add me. :flowerforyou:
  • rawegman
    rawegman Posts: 18
    Options
    Hello all,
    My name is Rachel. Today is my 5th day logging in and I'm seeing some results already :) I've lost 3.2 pounds so far
    I'm not someone who really sticks to things unless I see the results.. But I have a hard time finding motivation to get up and workout. I really want to stick to this because it's helping me be healthy..

Any suggestions for someone like me?
    - Rachel
  • Melaniebalfour
    Options
    Hi my name is Melanie and I am new here also. I am trying to lose 80lbs, I am 30 years old and have 5 kids. I have no support system at home. My husband does not support me or help me in any way. I have a total lack of motivation and I need help.
  • rw734
    rw734 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If you work the plan and exercise you will see definite changes. I wish you all of the best. Feel free to add me.
  • KingofdaBean
    KingofdaBean Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey....feel free to add
  • Treese333
    Treese333 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi all i joined last thursday and had a sneeky peek on Tuesday,ive lost 2 lb. I really like this plan and I've stopped stressing over food. Been doingvWeight watchers then Slimming world.Ive lost 4st 4lb since had my 6th child but due to a back injury ive gained some back.please feel free to add me id love to give and receive support x
    :flowerforyou: