Jillian Michaels Detox

Options
lalyon4
lalyon4 Posts: 9 Member
I guess I should first start off by asking if anyone has done it? Its mostly dandelion root tea, cranberry and lemon juice. 60 oz a day.

What i was really wondering is what i should eat for the best results?

Replies

• ilovegreg05
    ilovegreg05 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    A detox isn't going to do anything for fat loss at all. Just a steady consistent diet at a calorie deficit will do the trick.

What is your current intake?
  • lalyon4
    Options
    well im not really doing it for fat loss. just to de-toxify. I just dont want to be putting in toxins that i'm trying to get rid of.
    My intake is 1200 though
  • jessicawrites
    jessicawrites Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Personally I don't see a lot of medical evidence that "detox" or "cleanses" actually do anything. Like a previous poster said, go for a steady, consistent diet. It might be more helpful to avoid some typical vices (salt, sugar) and cut back on processed food for a little while to feel "cleaner" in your eating.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    If you broke down how fruits and vegetables can actually form formaldehyde in the body, then Jillian should have you stay away from them too!
    Don't buy into the hype that you need to detox. It's just a way for companies to make money on peoples naivety on how the body really works.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • lalyon4
    Options
    okay thanks! :)
  • ilovegreg05
    ilovegreg05 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    If you broke down how fruits and vegetables can actually form formaldehyde in the body, then Jillian should have you stay away from them too!
    Don't buy into the hype that you need to detox. It's just a way for companies to make money on peoples naivety on how the body really works.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Well said.