Options
    GOMAD. I guess, GOCMAD. lol.

meaning please? :s

Glass Of Milk A Day, Glass Of Chocolate Milk A Day
    I thought it was gallon... ._.
  • jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    They have commercials all the time about chocolate milk. I would watch out though. Most chocolate milk is made with either 1% or 2% milk, meaning fat content is high. You can get similar results by just drinking skim milk after a workout (the chocolate milk's only benefit is that it has the taste and more simple carbs, sugar, which gets delivered to the body quickly).

Chocolate milk: 226 calories, 9g protein, 9g fat and 33 g carbs
    Skim milk: 90 calories, 9g of protein, 0g of fat 13 g of carbs

Personally, I would just drink 2 servings of skim milk and look to get the fat another source of food in my diet.

the point is the perfect balance of carbs and protein for your muscles to heal faster.

Keep in mind peeps that it is full of sugar too. The Great Chocolate Milk Conspiracy is funded by the makers of chocolate milk. Just like the gatorade people tell you gatorade is good for you. Buyer beware. I was duped by the ads for chocolate milk too until I dug a little deeper. It just isn't worth it compared to other options out there. (and since I am trying to keep the sugar consumption down ~ it is out for me)

Good luck all!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Yup, chocolate milk is just about the perfect recovery drink.
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    never thought of it.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i quite often have chocolate milk BEFORE i work out... that matter?!
  • Mayor_West
    Mayor_West Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    They have commercials all the time about chocolate milk. I would watch out though. Most chocolate milk is made with either 1% or 2% milk, meaning fat content is high. You can get similar results by just drinking skim milk after a workout (the chocolate milk's only benefit is that it has the taste and more simple carbs, sugar, which gets delivered to the body quickly).

Chocolate milk: 226 calories, 9g protein, 9g fat and 33 g carbs
    Skim milk: 90 calories, 9g of protein, 0g of fat 13 g of carbs

Personally, I would just drink 2 servings of skim milk and look to get the fat another source of food in my diet.

the point is the perfect balance of carbs and protein for your muscles to heal faster.

Keep in mind peeps that it is full of sugar too. The Great Chocolate Milk Conspiracy is funded by the makers of chocolate milk. Just like the gatorade people tell you gatorade is good for you. Buyer beware. I was duped by the ads for chocolate milk too until I dug a little deeper. It just isn't worth it compared to other options out there. (and since I am trying to keep the sugar consumption down ~ it is out for me)

Good luck all!

Agreed. I find that chocolate milk is too high in calories, high in sugar and low in protien. 1 8oz glass is 230 calories, 28g Carbs, 26g sugar (!) and only 9g of protein. I'd hardly call that "balanced", let alone ideal for post-workout recovery.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, sugar and fat? WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    sugar and fat are good for you too, especially post work out. trust me, i'm awesome.
  • jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    sugar and fat are good for you too, especially post work out. trust me, i'm awesome.

Cronic high sugar (above recommended limits) will not only make you fat but increases your chances of diabetes too. Being healthy isn't just about looking good on the outside, we need to look good on the inside too!
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    My son's wrestling coach has the entire team drink chocolate milk after practice....even the one's cutting weight.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options

Cronic high sugar (above recommended limits) will not only make you fat but increases your chances of diabetes too. Being healthy isn't just about looking good on the outside, we need to look good on the inside too!

78150243.jpg
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options

Milk does not have "chronic high sugar"
  • losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if this depends on how hard you workout? For someone who takes a light walk..say 2.0 for 20 minutes is drinking chocolate milk benficial????
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I always have it after a workout. Nothing brings me back from the dead faster after a heavy weight session.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    I was wondering if this depends on how hard you workout? For someone who takes a light walk..say 2.0 for 20 minutes is drinking chocolate milk benficial????

no, it will not be as beneficial because during your light walk, you will not be burning as much energy as the chocolate milk replenishes.
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Agree with the above... you only need something like that after a hard workout. I swear I feel so much better after my long runs when I drink it.
  • luvche
    luvche Posts: 19
    Options
    What kind of chocolate milk? Ready made? White milk with chocolate syrup? Chocolate powder? It seems to me not all chocolate milks are created equal.

But my sister was saying this to me the other day. She heard it somewhere too. She said she also heard of a chocolate milk diet. I told her she was just wishful thinking...
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I make my own and use 4 oz 1% milk, 4 oz almond milk, unsweetened vanilla (sometimes the almond milk coconut blend) and the Nesquick powder, no sugar added.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    this. so much the best. when you're completely spent.