Rasberry Ketone Extract

Options
I was wondering if anyone has personally used this product? I was interested in something that would help me along on my journey and this was brought to my attention. This is the EXTRACT and was talked about on Dr. Oz. I do not want to take anything that is not natural or along the lines of vitamin or supplement. LMK

Thanks,
Nicolle

Replies

• LesterBlackstone
    LesterBlackstone Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    If you happen to be a rat that takes an obscene amount of the stuff, then you're in luck.

Otherwise, it won't do anything at all (unless your goal is to make your wallet lighter).
  • emccand
    emccand Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I have not tried it but have been curious also to see if others who HAVE tried it have any feedback.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    1670139_2921.jpg
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Half of what Dr Oz says is just fad/hype/crap. How else could he make an entire show each day with new stuff to talk about? Raspberry ketones lie in the crap side. Eat less, exercise, win.
  • alujan74583
    alujan74583 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I personally have never taken it but I do know someone who used to use it before it was flying off the shelves to lose weight for his MMA fights and he says it works great if you add diet and exercise.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    If you happen to be a rat that takes an obscene amount of the stuff, then you're in luck.

Otherwise, it won't do anything at all (unless your goal is to make your wallet lighter).

This ^ because it hasn't been tested on humans. Rats were given very, very large doses.
  • LesterBlackstone
    Options
    Half of what Dr Oz says is just fad/hype/crap.

That's a pretty conservative estimate. Try doubling it.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    oh yet another lets bash dr oz thread......
    filessharenatorcom_YG6vv_GIF_Collection_of_someone_eating_popcorn-s320x240-181195.gif
  • krisbelle00
    krisbelle00 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I do. I like it. It supressed my appetite.
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I personally have never taken it but I do know someone who used to use it before it was flying off the shelves to lose weight for his MMA fights and he says it works great if you add diet and exercise.

The question is whether diet and exercise would work just as great without raspberry ketone extract. My guess? Yes.
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    filessharenatorcom_YG6vv_GIF_Collection_of_someone_eating_popcorn-s320x240-181195.gif
    ^This.
  • LesterBlackstone
    Options

The placebo effect is an amazing thing.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    waste of money.
  • secretiive
    secretiive Posts: 121 Member
    Options
  • Sandi442116
    Sandi442116 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yes, I use Hi Tech pharm raspberry ketones. It is in a red bottle and they sell it at GNC and vitamin world for around $20. It has only the rasp ketones no added stuff, that is why I chose that one. You take 1 a day. I noticed it helps with appetite control. Another thing I take, which was also on Dr Oz is SafSlim. you do that 2 times a day and that is for belly fat. I was skeptical, and it say's it may take 16 weeks to see any result, but I have seen a reduction in my belly and I have been taking it since March 19.I know there is no "magic Potion" and I won't do everything Dr. Oz says, but these seem to help. One more thing I may add is L-Carnatine.

Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions. :flowerforyou:
  • alujan74583
    alujan74583 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    He was unable to lose weight that quickly without it. He would sometimes have to drop 45-50 lbs in a little less than 2 months. so no diet and exercise did not work for him alone.
  • LesterBlackstone
    Options
    He was unable to lose that quickly without it he would sometimes drop 45-50 lbs in a little less than 2 months. so no diet and exercise did not work for him alone.

I like how you make things up.

6lbs/week? Seriously? What did he eat? One stalk of celery per day?
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    ^This.

It's not bashing if it's true. Anyone who devotes a good portion of their time to being in shape and learning about the science of sport and nutrition can tell you that most of what Dr Oz spouts is unscientific garbage. Some things he says are great too.
  • Joeyje3
    Joeyje3 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I saw that too. Took it. Didn't do anything. I wouldn't waste your money.
  • dancinrascal
    dancinrascal Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    i tried the pills for a period of time and I did not notice much of a difference, but i didn't have much weight to lose either