I think I stepped on a few toes..

Options
icandoit
icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
For those who know me. I am so against fasting, cleansing, pills, liquid diets, quick fix and so on and so forth. I get so worked when I read the post on them. I will go back and forth and fight it all night. Thanks to my wonderful counselor:wink: , I have learned to just drop it. So for those I may have pissed off, sorry, but I will stand for what I believe in.
When I talk about the above, I have checked into what I say. I have a husband who knows more about the body than some personal trainers. He helps a personal trainer at the gym we attend. He has researched for more than 20 years. He started learning about the body when he was 15. He has learned through trail and error. He trains people for bodybuilding competitions. From the workouts to the diet. He has been dead on. He has tried the fasting and the cleansing and the pills with the advise of his first personal trainer. Big mistake. He was in awful condition and almost ended up in the hospital. He thought he was going to have a heart attack. That was the last time he touched any of that. He did not place in that competition. He was so skinny and sickly looking. He met an amazing man who knew his stuff. He took my husband under his wings and thought him so much. Food, water and exercise is the key to life as well as plenty of rest and understanding what your body is made of and how it works. From that day on, my husband listened and educated himself so much more. He went on to take 2nd out of 13 in Fresno Body Building Competition, 1st out of 9 in Monterey, 3rd out of 20 in San Jose, 2nd out of 15 in San Jose, and was in his best shape for another San Jose show where the man took the money for the entry fees and skipped town. It was a hoax.
So from experience from watching my husband and from listening to my doctor and banks, viviakay, songbyrdsweet, and all the others who have done amazing post, I believe there is only one way to do this. Eat right and exercise. It is that simple
When a post is done here about the above, it is done for weight lose. If you need to fast for religion, by all means, if that is you wish do it. We are all adults here, and we make our own decisions. All I ask is, before you do it...research A LOT, talk with your doctor. If you eat the right foods and drink water, your body will cleans itself. The pills-take the money and donate it or buy some food. Keep the chemicals out of your body.
Watch your preservatives, fast foods, fried foods, MSG, and all the other bad things, and switch them with greens, reds, purples, oranges, yellows, omega 3, whole grains, home cooked meals, olive oil, fiber, fruits, lean meats, protein, fruits, green tea, wheat, plenty of exercise and you will be fine.
This is not a race. Weight lose is a lifestyle change that is full of ups and downs and some brick walls. Stay focused, research, ask questions, avoid gimmicks, get up and move, eat all your calories, and also, if you fall off the wagon...no biggie...get up, and say to yourself...I CAN DO THIS. I WILL DO THIS. There is nothing you can't do if you put your mind to it.
Step by step-day by day and you WILL MAKE IT TO YOUR GOAL.
Don't let anybody tell you different.
One more thing...love yourself.

Have a great day:flowerforyou:
Renee

PS: This post is what I feel and I will not respond for argument

Replies

• icandoit
    Options
    For those who know me. I am so against fasting, cleansing, pills, liquid diets, quick fix and so on and so forth. I get so worked when I read the post on them. I will go back and forth and fight it all night. Thanks to my wonderful counselor:wink: , I have learned to just drop it. So for those I may have pissed off, sorry, but I will stand for what I believe in.
    When I talk about the above, I have checked into what I say. I have a husband who knows more about the body than some personal trainers. He helps a personal trainer at the gym we attend. He has researched for more than 20 years. He started learning about the body when he was 15. He has learned through trail and error. He trains people for bodybuilding competitions. From the workouts to the diet. He has been dead on. He has tried the fasting and the cleansing and the pills with the advise of his first personal trainer. Big mistake. He was in awful condition and almost ended up in the hospital. He thought he was going to have a heart attack. That was the last time he touched any of that. He did not place in that competition. He was so skinny and sickly looking. He met an amazing man who knew his stuff. He took my husband under his wings and thought him so much. Food, water and exercise is the key to life as well as plenty of rest and understanding what your body is made of and how it works. From that day on, my husband listened and educated himself so much more. He went on to take 2nd out of 13 in Fresno Body Building Competition, 1st out of 9 in Monterey, 3rd out of 20 in San Jose, 2nd out of 15 in San Jose, and was in his best shape for another San Jose show where the man took the money for the entry fees and skipped town. It was a hoax.
    So from experience from watching my husband and from listening to my doctor and banks, viviakay, songbyrdsweet, and all the others who have done amazing post, I believe there is only one way to do this. Eat right and exercise. It is that simple
    When a post is done here about the above, it is done for weight lose. If you need to fast for religion, by all means, if that is you wish do it. We are all adults here, and we make our own decisions. All I ask is, before you do it...research A LOT, talk with your doctor. If you eat the right foods and drink water, your body will cleans itself. The pills-take the money and donate it or buy some food. Keep the chemicals out of your body.
    Watch your preservatives, fast foods, fried foods, MSG, and all the other bad things, and switch them with greens, reds, purples, oranges, yellows, omega 3, whole grains, home cooked meals, olive oil, fiber, fruits, lean meats, protein, fruits, green tea, wheat, plenty of exercise and you will be fine.
    This is not a race. Weight lose is a lifestyle change that is full of ups and downs and some brick walls. Stay focused, research, ask questions, avoid gimmicks, get up and move, eat all your calories, and also, if you fall off the wagon...no biggie...get up, and say to yourself...I CAN DO THIS. I WILL DO THIS. There is nothing you can't do if you put your mind to it.
    Step by step-day by day and you WILL MAKE IT TO YOUR GOAL.
    Don't let anybody tell you different.
    One more thing...love yourself.

Have a great day:flowerforyou:
    Renee

PS: This post is what I feel and I will not respond for argument
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    No argument from me. I think you said it all very well. :flowerforyou:
  • borjanap
    borjanap Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Nice.......................... I like this post. I find everything you say to be true. I have tried a few of those methods in the past and found that exercise and eating well work.... But...its a slow process and it is a lifestyle change so it should be that way anyways...
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    :heart:

I adore people with passion. :heart:

There is a great deal of ignorace out there on this topic, please don't give up the fight! Education is key! One day they will learn to see the error of their ways.

Thank you.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I'll post a big Amen on the diet pills. Thought I'd have a heart attack when I took them. :sick:

Good post!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Renee, If I had hero's you'd be one of em! :flowerforyou:

Tell your hubbie, I'm pretty good at tracking people down through their digital footprint if he ever
    feels like finding the scumbag who skipped town with his money.
  • arubabound
    Options
    My toes are fine!! And you you couldn't have said two truer things...this is not a race, love yourself....great post!
  • icandoit
    Options
    Renee, If I had hero's you'd be one of em! :flowerforyou:

Tell your hubbie, I'm pretty good at tracking people down through their digital footprint if he ever
    feels like finding the scumbag who skipped town with his money.

Thank you Banks:blushing:
    and thank you all too:drinker:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    Renee,

Just keep telling the truth.

Know that if you said "Hey, the sky is blue!" - Someone would say - "Well it may be blue to you, but I think it is more of a torquoise." Confrontation is a fact of life, and it doesn't mean anything if you have spoken your truth.

:heart: We care about you. You are a huge help to so many people. Just let it roll off your back once you make your point. Letting go is good.

From MayoClinic.com yesterday:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/12317-detox-diets-do-they-work-from-mayo-clinic
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Thank God for rationality! :heart:
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    i agree. fasting, pills, all that crap is so dangerous. if someone said "Gee, i think i'll saw off a limb to lose some weight" none of us would think twice about screaming 'Don't do it'. and i think this is the whole point of the boards, to offer advice and support. and to warn each other about the many, many dangerous weight loss scams out there.

speak your mind, we're all free to speak back.

em:flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hey Renee,

I think some people have a hard time facing the truth. And I bet you most of the people that want to try those "quick fixes" know deep down that they won't work, at least for long-term. Usually if something is too good to be true, there is a reason.

I have tried all those harmful methods as well and they just don't work. Partly because you aren't learning anything in the process. Sure, if you fast or starve you will lose weight, of course not the good kind of weight and you have learned NOTHING. But to actually educate yourself on what YOUR body needs to maintain and therefore what YOUR body needs to lose is SO much more valuable in the long term.

I think if all of us just knew to focus on our own bodies and figure out how it runs and how to fuel it properly, then NO ONE would have a weight problem.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    We need more people with the combination of honesty and kindness in the world.

You're one of them.:flowerforyou:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    I second that!!!! you rock Renee.....nothing but love for ya girl!!!:flowerforyou:

hugs!
    Ali
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    GREAT POST!!! You are all about what each of us should be doing!! The info. you post is ALWAYS great:happy: It takes alot of time to resaearch and then get on and share what you have learned..so thanks for all the time you put into this....you and others out there like you make this site great!!!!
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Ditto to all....sorry If I were to say or type anything oh it wi=ould have been soooo long winded....

Peace - Zen :flowerforyou:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I agree to you so you didnt step on my toes.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Hey, stepping on toes is a common theme in this profession. It's not just everyday people that can't agree...trainers, professors, researchers, all sorts of professionals have differing opinions and plenty of anecdotal evidence to back them up. Stepping on toes is the only way we can prove that things are indeed dangerous, so it's important to do it. It's better to be safe than sorry, and by voicing your concern you're just showing that you care. :flowerforyou:
  • icandoit
    Options
    Thanks all. You are all great. :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Renee, you are the bee's knees, the cat's meow, you're one boffo dame!

And YOU CAN TAKE THAT STRAIGHT TO THE BANK!

(this little taste of 30's slang, brought to *you* by *me*.) :happy:

-Jeremy