73cals left and really want a burger =|

Options

Replies

• PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    eat it. and then just move on tomorrrow.

EXACTLY!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Have half a veggie burger.
  • 9ofthem
    9ofthem Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You say a burger, but it could be that you just need protein. I've come across this a couple times. I have tried a protein drink and then chewed some gum. It worked for me. hth.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    eat it then go for a walk!
  • Bug207
    Bug207 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Burgers are easily my favorite food in the world. My healthier alternatives now are veggie burgers without the bun, cheese, barbeque sauce, mayo, bacon, etc. Honestly the Morningstar Spicy Black Bean Burger and even their Veggie Garden Patties have pretty much helped control my burger cravings without being overboard on calories and excess fat. Maybe go veggie instead?
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in traditional "diets". We need to adjust our overall eating to something we can maintain forever- diet in the broadest term.

Instead of looking at the calories by the day, try to think by the week. Sure, the burger will put you over today, but could you eat a little less for the next few days - just by 50 calories or so - so that within a 7 day period your calories average to what your daily total should be? It's a little extra work, but I think it helps to put everything in perspective.

Were it me, and I was hungry, I'd have it. Just skip the high calorie toppings- stick to veggies, mustard, ketchup, etc....

This!
  • lanell26
    lanell26 Posts: 19
    Options
    make & eat it tomarrow .
  • Jess81620
    Jess81620 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Go work out and earn that burger <:)
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    nope you should workout burn somecals and then see if you still want it...if so have half and know you have earned it!!!
  • MelHoneyRocks
    Options
    Your goal is bigger than a burger.
  • tangoa24
    tangoa24 Posts: 27
    Options
    I know it doesn't help for today, but try planning things like burgers into your day. Whenever I know I'm going to want something fatty or high in calories (like fast food or a big bowl of pasta) I go light on my other meals to make up for it. Having half a bagel instead of a whole one for breakfast, cutting out side dishes at lunch, those calories add up and you can splurge a little at dinner. Going for a walk to burn some of those calories helps, too.
  • robinregina
    robinregina Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Stop worrying about calories and just throw the bun away, that's the worst part of a burger by far.

Yeah! What this person said. AGREE!!
  • jmcaul01
    jmcaul01 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How about do some fast pace walking for about 30 minutes around the neighborhood. That will add to your 73 cal.
  • hannahchiarella
    hannahchiarella Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Drink a big glass of water......wait 20 minutes and then if you still really want it then dont deprive yourself. Usually when i do this i dont even want what im craving after 20 minutes.
  • jmcaul01
    jmcaul01 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sound advice you gave - I like that!
  • Miss_Chanelle
    Miss_Chanelle Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I say eat the burger, but log it tomorrow! You will just eat a lol less tomorrow (:
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    If it were me (on day 5), I'd sweat it out for half an hour, then eat it. This is for the long haul... so deprivation shouldn't be part of the plan. :) Make good decisions and workout.
  • peytonturk
    peytonturk Posts: 49
    Options
    I don't believe in traditional "diets". We need to adjust our overall eating to something we can maintain forever- diet in the broadest term.

Instead of looking at the calories by the day, try to think by the week. Sure, the burger will put you over today, but could you eat a little less for the next few days - just by 50 calories or so - so that within a 7 day period your calories average to what your daily total should be? It's a little extra work, but I think it helps to put everything in perspective.

Were it me, and I was hungry, I'd have it. Just skip the high calorie toppings- stick to veggies, mustard, ketchup, etc....

This!! I calorie cycle just so I can have a day to eat out of my norm, and then the other days I eat below my calorie goal. As long as I manage the average for the week, it works for me. But instead of a traditional fatty burger, make yourself a turkey burger with a light bun and skip the cheese.
  • Jess81620
    Jess81620 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Just realized the time sorry it's only 1:14 pm in my world. That burger might have to wait till tomorrow just preplan it by working out.
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    For this week I think I have been under calorie on two days by around 250-300 altogether,the burger I want is a home made one that you put in the grill and just add a whole meal bread and tomato ketchup,it's only 7.39pm so I'm going to try and hold out until 8.30 if I ABSOLUTLY must eat one I will make it if not I think I may just go over a few points and make a bowl of porridge which is still a lot of cals but healthier I think,I know about being hungry enough to eat carrots I say the same thing to my children lol but I need to give my taste buds and body a lil time to adjust to fresh foods if I rush and never feel like I'm satified with what I eat I know I'll fail,thank you everyone for support I feel stupid but I know you all have been there,and as for birthday cake omg I love it way too much! X
    If you are going to eat it, it would be better to eat it earlier rather than later. Plus you have time to burn a few extra calories to help even it out a little. If its something you really want and are hungry, then do it. If not, and you just want it in your mouth, then its not worth it.