I Bought My Heart Rate Monitor

Options
2»

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    that explains the ravenous hunger after weights class!

ditto. . .and for the rest of weights day. Yikes.
  • borjanap
    borjanap Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    i want one !!!!!!
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I want to get a HRM but I don't know what features to look for in one. Or what prices ranges are good.

Can anyone advise??? :smile:
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    That depends on your individual needs. For me, my needs are tracking my calories burned + reaching my target heart rate for x amount of time. That's why I chose the F6.

If you're a runner or cyclist, you'll have different needs. Check out the Polar site at http://www.polar.fi/

You can browse the products and find the model that suits you.
  • KrisKabob
    Options
    [sex (type, not amount you pervs!:tongue: ),

I am laughin so hard that I might just pee my pants...

Banks - you should be the guinny pig and wear your HRM during "relations" and see how much you burn. I've always wondered if I could count sex as exercise. If so, my Hubby would be the happiest manon earth!!! hahahahahahahahahahaa!!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options

Banks - you should be the guinny pig and wear your HRM during "relations" and see how much you burn. I've always wondered if I could count sex as exercise. If so, my Hubby would be the happiest manon earth!!! hahahahahahahahahahaa!!!!

Um, no way, then you would all know how long I go for! I will NOT BE MOCKED like that! :embarassed:
  • KrisKabob
    Options

Um, no way, then you would all know how long I go for! I will NOT BE MOCKED like that! :embarassed:

I am literally crying, I'm laughin so hard!!! Haha! You're a funny man, Banks!!!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options

I am literally crying, I'm laughin so hard!!! Haha! You're a funny man, Banks!!!

Officially hysterically laughing at this. . . I've always wondered with the people who ask about sex as exercise here. . ."Man, how long are you people going at it for?" *sigh*
  • sr2000
    sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I want to get a HRM but I don't know what features to look for in one. Or what prices ranges are good.

The polar f6 seems to be very popular and well liked, so that is what I have bought. I got a new one for about 85 on ebay, they have some on amazon too, as well at sporting goods stores. The f6 runs around $90-110.
    By the way, I LOVE my f6. I still need to try wearing it all day on a non exercise day just to see what my calorie expenditure is during a normal activity day.... I just rarely have a non exercise day, and when I do, it's not really planned in advance, so I haven't had the chance yet. I'll have to plan ahead.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options

The polar f6 seems to be very popular and well liked, so that is what I have bought. I got a new one for about 85 on ebay, they have some on amazon too, as well at sporting goods stores. The f6 runs around $90-110.
    By the way, I LOVE my f6. I still need to try wearing it all day on a non exercise day just to see what my calorie expenditure is during a normal activity day.... I just rarely have a non exercise day, and when I do, it's not really planned in advance, so I haven't had the chance yet. I'll have to plan ahead.

right there with ya srb. I did it when I first got it in december. But since then, my resting heart rate is about 8 BPM slower, which means (so I've read) that I'm healthier, which (I would assume) means my metabolism is working better. Wonder what I'm burning now. I just don't have the strength to stop working out for a day to actually test out my theories.
  • sr2000
    sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
    Options

right there with ya srb. I did it when I first got it in december. But since then, my resting heart rate is about 8 BPM slower, which means (so I've read) that I'm healthier, which (I would assume) means my metabolism is working better. Wonder what I'm burning now. I just don't have the strength to stop working out for a day to actually test out my theories.

I've only taken maybe 4-5 rest days since January 5th. And those days I have taken off were due to all day travel, being sick, and being too busy cleaning/painting/ finishing the basement. Yep, I can recall almost everyone of those non-exercise days . I'm trying to think of what day might be the next best day to take off....I must admit, that I am addicted (or obsessed) with exercising. I think about my workouts all the time, what, where, when and how.
    Now that I have my hrm, I feel much better knowing when to push harder or slow down and how varying workouts affect my calorie burn. Next step is to see what I really burn taking it easy at home all day.
  • RikkiLeigh
    RikkiLeigh Posts: 22
    Options
    Bump :smile:

Sorry that this isn a really old post - But its the 1st one i ve come to.
    Ive seen a lot of talk on the F6 and i have one. However a month or so ago. its started just constantly beeping. Not intermitantly, but a constant Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.
    Not sure whats wrong with it, but the screen went blank and none of the buttons would work. It did stop beeping (Once i hid it under the towels in the dreawer for a fornight) but now its just dead! Is it the battery? Has anyone had this problem?

Thanks__x