Zumba!

Options
2»

Replies

• angelicarubi
    angelicarubi Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with those who recommend going to a class. I LOVE my Zumba classes and I LOVE my Zumba instructors...all of them! That's the great thing about going to a class; you never get bored with a routine, because every song is different, and every instructor has his or her own style.

I don't understand why myfitnesspal exercise calculators don't have Zumba in the database? I'm new here, and I feel like I'm doing something wrong when I try to add my exercise routines. Out of all I do four days a week, the only thing that came up in the database was bellydance. Really?? That would have been the LAST one I would have expected! :D

They do not have in the database because they are not sure about the actual amount of calories burned. I went to google and typed how many calories burned during zumba and it took me to this site called zumbacalories.com where you can type in your weight and workout minutes then it asks what level you did and it gives you the amount of calories you would burn. not 100% accurate but it is good source.Then you just log on here go under exercise create and put in the info you got on the website and your set!
  • karenpdavey
    karenpdavey Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Have just purcchased Zumba for the Wii (£30.00 here in England). Looking forward to trying it out. Will learn the basics first then join a class so I dont look too foolish the first time.
  • kmcgaw
    kmcgaw Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Have just purcchased Zumba for the Wii (£30.00 here in England). Looking forward to trying it out. Will learn the basics first then join a class so I dont look too foolish the first time.

I find the class I attend and the Zumba for Wii vary, but it's all good. As far as looking foolish, don't worry about it. I had the same apprehension about the class only to realize that nobody cares about you, as they are too busy concentrating on getting the moves down themselves to even notice. Zumba is really all about moving and smiling.
  • Anola13
    Anola13 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I go to Zumba 4 times a week and am just obsessed. I can't imagine doing it at home alone. It really is changing my body in so many ways. I pay $5 per class which is disgustingly cheap for the kind of high intensity work out I get. I really don't think you'd get the same effect from a DVD.