just wanted to say Hello, Newbie here

Options
I am so thankful I found this site. Was not exactly looking. One thing I knew for sure, I need to lose weight. I got a copy of Health magazine in my mothers Cardiologist's office and couldn't put down the book. I had come decided to blog about my weightloss efforts to somehow hold myself accountable to somebody, thinking this time it could work. Anyhoo, saw the article Inspiring Weight-Loss Blogs and the story of a 632 lb guy. I loved his blog. More so, I loved his determination and drive. He seemed outgoing. Well, not to go on too long, I hope and pray that I can do this, THIS TIME AROUND. :heart:

Replies

• gumby09
    Options
    Me too. My sister got me to join. My son also just joined. I am really psyched about this web. I love it. I hope you find it as much fun as I am right now.

welcome!!!!!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    WELCOME Home !!! This is an absolutely awesome site! I truly wish the best for all members here at MFP!! Best wishes!!!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I am so thankful I found this site. Was not exactly looking. One thing I knew for sure, I need to lose weight. I got a copy of Health magazine in my mothers Cardiologist's office and couldn't put down the book. I had come decided to blog about my weightloss efforts to somehow hold myself accountable to somebody, thinking this time it could work. Anyhoo, saw the article Inspiring Weight-Loss Blogs and the story of a 632 lb guy. I loved his blog. More so, I loved his determination and drive. He seemed outgoing. Well, not to go on too long, I hope and pray that I can do this, THIS TIME AROUND. :heart:

Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
  • GainingTheRealMe
    Options
    Thanks for the tips. So very useful. I plan on not rushing it this time. Maybe success will see me this time around.
    God bless everyone here! To our Health :drinker: