I need some friends! P90x or not :)

Options
fallonrhea
fallonrhea Posts: 388 Member
Hey Everyone!

I've been on my fitnesspal for about a week now and I LOVE it!!

Now I want some friends :) Anyone and everyone are welcome!

I just finished up my 6th week of p90x and I've certainly gained some definition - but I bit the bullet and decided to change my nutrition for better results and energy. If you're doing p90x too, please be my friend!! I could use motivation buddies (other than my fiancé who's doing it with me - sometimes he needs motivation too, haha)

I'm getting married in September 2013 and I want to be in the best shape of my life. I figure that it's best to start now and make a new life and rules for myself for the future rather than busting my butt and starving myself the month before the wedding only to mess it all up on the honeymoon.

Other than that, a little about me I'm an avid hiker/snowboarder/kayaker/windsurfer and love being outside (My fiancé and I are trying to hike all the 4000ft mountains in New Hampshire before the wedding! Only just over 20 to go!)... when I'm not in the research lab that is >.< I'm going for my PhD in molecular biology :)

I'm 24, super friendly, ridiculously committed to losing 13 pounds, gaining a set of abs and a brand new lifestyle.

Let's be friends!

Replies

• LivetoRun07
    LivetoRun07 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Heyy!!

Congrats on doing p90x! It's freaking HARD!!! My workout room at home is a screened in "sunroom" porch, so in the summer I don't do DVD workouts in there, I do other things (walking, running, biking, etc.) but I will be starting again in the fall. It's just too hot to be in that room working out and I love being outside lol. But in the fall we will have p90x in common!!

Congrats on your engagement!!! I am also engaged, and we are getting married in September of next year as well!!!!! How cool is that?!?! Unfortunately, he is a marine and in Afghanistan right now, so I work out solo. It's no fun.

Sending you a FR! =)
  • fallonrhea
    Options
    Oh I know it's totally ridiculous, haha. There are things on p90x that I still can't do and I'm not sure when I'll be able to do them - like one arm pushups?? Yeah right...

Totally understand wanting to be outside in the summer! Doing P90x in a room that's too hot will make you pass out!

Congrats on your engagement too! How exciting!! September is definitely the best time to get married for sure :) So sad to hear that you have to work out alone :( You must miss him terribly! I can't even imagine!

Thanks for being my friend!! Looking forward to supporting each other :)
  • LivetoRun07
    LivetoRun07 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Oh I know it's totally ridiculous, haha. There are things on p90x that I still can't do and I'm not sure when I'll be able to do them - like one arm pushups?? Yeah right...

Totally understand wanting to be outside in the summer! Doing P90x in a room that's too hot will make you pass out!

Congrats on your engagement too! How exciting!! September is definitely the best time to get married for sure :) So sad to hear that you have to work out alone :( You must miss him terribly! I can't even imagine!

Thanks for being my friend!! Looking forward to supporting each other :)

Ditto!!! And one arm pushups = hell no. I can't even do normal pushups. I substitute for girl pushups lol. Thanks for adding me!!!
  • Nessie2427
    Nessie2427 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started P90X my self!! I just had my baby 6weeks ago and I'm trying to get back into shape!! :) my Arms and legs feel like Jello! Lol
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Oh I so want to do P90X. Can't afford it at this time. But I've done some of the workouts on YOU TUBE.. And I love it.. Good going btw..
  • KNarrainen
    KNarrainen Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I started P90X this week add me if you like, that goes for anyone else doing P90X
  • MrNoisy
    MrNoisy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You guys/gals can all add me as well. I'm doing P90X and loving it. Will hit repeat once I'm finished in 3 weeks.
  • fallonrhea
    Options
    I just started P90X my self!! I just had my baby 6weeks ago and I'm trying to get back into shape!! :) my Arms and legs feel like Jello! Lol

Yay!! Congratulations!! :) That's awesome - it must be so hard to find time to work out with a new baby - power to you! Thanks for friending me :)
  • fallonrhea
    Options
    Oh I so want to do P90X. Can't afford it at this time. But I've done some of the workouts on YOU TUBE.. And I love it.. Good going btw..

Oh I know - it is expensive. I got lucky and my fiancé bought it for us. Good going with you too! I sent you a FR :)
  • fallonrhea
    Options
    I started P90X this week add me if you like, that goes for anyone else doing P90X

FR sent :)
  • fallonrhea
    Options
    You guys/gals can all add me as well. I'm doing P90X and loving it. Will hit repeat once I'm finished in 3 weeks.

Nice!! Congrats on getting through the program - it's a commitment!
  • jmac1686
    jmac1686 Posts: 25
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I start Tuesday when my program package arrives!
  • fallonrhea
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I start Tuesday when my program package arrives!

Yay! You'll love it :) It's so different than anything else I've tried before - and it works! I swear!
  • nil8r
    nil8r Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I haven't done P90x, though I have friends who love it. I am starting CrossFit and my first class is tomorrow!
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded/torrented P90X yesterday, gonna be starting it tomorrow or Monday, in combo with a new eating plan.

If anyone needs to find a way to get the program for no-cost, I might be able to throw a link your way. It's a clean DL, already tested it with 4 virus scans and everything is included as far as documentation, videos, meal plans, excel spreadsheets to track exercise days, etc.
  • amnski
    amnski Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Huge fan here...and thanks to Tony I can do both one armed push-ups and plyo push-ups. My inner goddess beast is dang proud, but no else ever seems to get it and looks at me like I'm crazy if I mention it, so I keep pretty quiet about my success. But I think fellow Xers will understand., hehe. BRING IT!!! sent a FR btw :)
  • ashleygx26
    ashleygx26 Posts: 140
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I did not do p90, I actually did some insanity and holy hell it was great!!

Anyone feel free to add me!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    i did p90x los t 25 lbs doing so i have some before and afters in my profile pics. i gained most of the weight i had lost here back but i'm back on track and now doing insanity. they are both good effective workouts
  • Ladronzz
    Ladronzz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Nice!! i just finished my 90 days of P90X keep it up you'll be glad in the end!