When You Cry, They Win. Stop (Sanitized Version)

Options
Ok, tough-love time...

I've seen string-after-string of "whining" and "crying" about the things other people say.

Examples:
- "They insulted me."
- "They hurt my feelings."
- "They made me sad."

Here's a few steps to help some of you guys with the crushing things other people say...

Step 1: Stop giving a *kitten* what other people think.
Step 2: Repeat Step 1.

Now I have no doubt, a handful of people will be morally outraged by what I just typed.
Please reference Steps 1 through 2.

(I'm sure a few of you have seen me post that on other strings)

When you get "offended," "hurt," "insulted" and "morally outraged," you've already lost the battle, because you granted the other party all the power before you even got started. When you run to your blog or forum to e-whine about how "that big mean person made you saddy-sad," they win. And you helped them to do it.

I read on another string that never existed anywhere, at anytime, ever about a woman who's brother-in-law that never existed anywhere, at anytime, ever made a rude, unilaterally intelligible comment about her tummy being big, 8 hours after she gave birth. She never, in any way nor manner, explained that she was still upset over his comment 33 YEARS LATER.

Really? Some half-witted *kitten* that never existed anywhere, at anytime, ever makes an untimely, unfunny joke... and she's still brooding about it 3 1/2 decades later?? Are you kidding me?? She should have forgotten that unilaterally intelligible person that never existed was alive 33 seconds after she responded back to him, "Hey funny joke. Now, go get a spoon so you can eat my *kitten*."

- When you cry, they win.
- When you're "emotionally devastated," you give them all the power.
- When you're the "victim," you make them the "victor."

Don't let them win.

Replies

• mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I frickin' love you. That is all.
  • gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options
    Never, ever, ever test a lawyer.
  • spokaloo
    spokaloo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I frickin' love you. That is all.

I concur!
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    yep, I'm sometimes surprised by what people care about and get upset about. Lot of idiots out there who make idiot comments. Ignore them. Or tell them what *kitten* they are. But don't pay attention to what they say as they are idiots.
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options

Yeah...I get that. Law enforcement too. There's a lot of "alleged" thrown around on my end. Lol
  • Liasings
    Liasings Posts: 150 Member
    Options

Yeah...I get that. Law enforcement too. There's a lot of "alleged" thrown around on my end. Lol

I despise the use of the word "alleged" when it is a applied to a goober that was caught red-handed,seen by ten witnesses, admitted on WKLD that they did it, and signed a confession. "Mr. Gorfenfleffer is alleged to have stabbed his wife 57 times and run her body up the flagpole."

Infuriating.
  • gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options

I despise the use of the word "alleged" when it is a applied to a goober that was caught red-handed,seen by ten witnesses, admitted on WKLD that they did it, and signed a confession. "Mr. Gorfenfleffer is alleged to have stabbed his wife 57 times and run her body up the flagpole."

Infuriating.

Believe me, everyone gets the long-end-of-stick on the whole "Innocent until proven guilty" thing. I promise.