Super Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake

Options
1. Get 1 large egg and scramble it in a microwave safe bowl ( only the egg nothing else don't add milk or anything)
2. Get some protein powder and add one scoop to the scrambled egg. START TO STIR THE EGG AND POWDER!!
3. Make sure there are no lumps in the batter ( it should be pretty thick)
4. Pop the bowl into the microwave and keep in for about 1 minute
5. After 1 minute take out and scoop onto a plate. It should come easily out.
6. Now add your peanut butter. I use Peter Pan so mines higher in calories and fat, but all natural peanut butter would be you best choice.
7. Eat it!! This cake is very low in calories and carbs. Its a little higher in fat because of the egg and peanut butter but those are good fats. You can also make this with non fat cool whip and strawberries. Basically anything you want. Ill post some of the nutrition facts down below. Remember this was made with peter pan peanut butter so if you use a different kind the numbers will be a little off. Same with the protein powder i used Myoplex for this, but most powders are the about the same nutrition wize.

Calories: 352
Carbs: 8!!
Fat: 20
Protein: 35!!
Sodium: 226!!

This is a great, it can be used as a snack but i usually eat one for a meal like breakfast. It keeps me full for hours.
Remember if you eat clean you can eat more keep the junk out or save it for your cheat day if you have one!!:smile:

Replies

• cali798x
    cali798x Posts: 32
    Options
    This sounds very interesting. The egg sounds like it will be overdone since you cook it twice. Not the case?
  • aeboone24
    aeboone24 Posts: 24
    Options
    i had to re-read it. it is a micro wave safe bowl so put egg in bowl with scooop of protein mix n cook.
  • MacCerney
    MacCerney Posts: 5
    Options
    yeah you basically whisk the plain egg in a bowl then add a scoop of protein and mix those two together. you only cook once
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Pictures? I wonder about the consistency/look
  • prettyhaze
    Options
    interesting! i will try to cook this one day for my fiance. i wonder if he will like it. :)
  • marinamoreno
    Options
    BUMP
  • theblackbirdtree
    Options
    Caution: Undercook this bad boy. Otherwise, you'll end up with a hockey puck that tastes like dirt! :sick:
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    How much peanut butter? Wondering if this could work with vanilla powder...
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    This sounds very interesting. The egg sounds like it will be overdone since you cook it twice. Not the case?

I only read the direction to cook once.
  • theblackbirdtree
    Options
    How much peanut butter? Wondering if this could work with vanilla powder...

Any protein powder works with this.
    Peanut butter is just your "icing," so however much you prefer!
  • angelalf1979
    angelalf1979 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Can you use egg beaters instead of an egg?
  • angelalf1979
    angelalf1979 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Can you use egg beaters instead of an egg? Has anyone else tried this?
  • dmzazueta
    dmzazueta Posts: 36
    Options
    Looks good. Will have to try it. I am totally missing sweets on this high protein diet my trainer has me on. It seems to be working and I am less tired for all the exercise, then when I was eating more carbs and less protein.
  • MacCerney
    MacCerney Posts: 5
    Options
    Yes Sorry guys, ill explain it again beat and egg in a bowl, add 1 scoop of your protein powder cook for 1 minute. Then take the cake out of the microwave and add you peanut butter or what ever you want. (strawberries, low fat cool whip, or what ever you might thing is good)