Meals Under 500 Calories

Options

Replies

• Richardson62617
    Richardson62617 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Theres some good looking stuff on here :)
  • Ravenesque_
    Ravenesque_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    SOUP!

i find it very very hard to find any soup thats over 500 cals per portion. I can make soup thats less then 200 kcals for 500ml xx
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    My Lunch: 201 calories total

Daisy Brand - Low Fat Cottage Cheese 2% Small Curd, 1/2 cup (113.5g) 90cal
    Cherry Tomatoes - Fresh, 5 tomato 20 cal
    Cucumber - Peeled, raw, 0.75 cup, sliced 11 cal
    Jell-O (Jello) - Sugar Free Low Calorie Lemon-Lime Gelatin, 1 snack cup 10 cal
    Kroger String Cheese - Low Moistrue Part Skim Mozzarella Twists, 1 piece 70 cal

And that keeps you satisfied for how long until the gnawing in your stomach starts? And not how long by drowning it with water to make it longer.

For people eating multiple meals a day, like myself who eats 6 meals a day, these low calorie meals are perfectly satisfying.
  • chickenrider
    Options

And that keeps you satisfied for how long until the gnawing in your stomach starts? And not how long by drowning it with water to make it longer.

Well, I ate at noon and that was over 3 hours ago and I am not hungry. I just wanted to start a blog to share meals under 500 calories for those of us on a very strict and low calorie count. Sometimes you have to get inventive and you need other ideas too.
    This isn't a blog...

I was not trying to make it into a blog, but I can see no matter what; the wrong impression is made from this forum. I was only trying to help others who needed ideas, including myself. Maybe if I do not post anything, the forum will just go away. I hope so, because this is to much drama from just trying to help gather ideas.
  • eviltwinkie
    eviltwinkie Posts: 153
    Options
    Shiritaki noodles (0 cal)
    Black Bean Soy Sauce (20 cal)
    Some form of boca crumbles or low fat chicken sausage (60-90 cal)
    2 servings some form of stir fry veggies (90 cal)
    peanut flour about 2 T (50 cal)
    ground red pepper flakes
    Curry powder
    1 c slow sodium chicken broth (to stir fry with)

That's estimated a bit, but should be close. Varies with what I have in the fridge/freezer.

260 cal at the top end and VERY filling. Often great cold. Sometimes I add 1 T greek yogurt with the curry powder and peanut flour.

edit -- Oh -- and various forms of Chili and Taco soup (reduced sodium.) I like them because they're so filling. And the chili... that's good over shiritaki noodles as well. :)
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    It's horrible because of the words you use, if you were really interested you could have asked in a much nicer manner....and you know that.

The same meal isn't going to make everyone be satisfied for the same amount of time, so no it's not helpful to know how long it satisfied the OP for.

It was merely the order of topics that happened to be read, and the funny description (I thought) used in one.
    One where several complained about their lunches leaving them hungry quickly.
    And then boom to this one giving a little bitty lunch suggestion.

And details is always useful, knowledge is power after all.

I'm beginning to think by the number of upset posters to something that could be read several different ways - there are perhaps too many 200 calorie lunches being eaten out there that are not satisfying.

I believe it was the construction of the question.

Frequently this is used not as an honest inquiry but as a means of asking a rhetorical question where the answer is not only presumed to be known but also in opposition to the original statement.

In other words, people thought you were mocking the lunch. which is why they took offense.
  • NatashaK29
    NatashaK29 Posts: 137
    Options
    Sorry no pictures, but here some ideas...
    dinner :
    2 tilapia 4oz filets w/ lemon and garlic pepper. 240 cal
    Betty Crocker Loaded Mashed potatoes 2/3 cup 160
    Hanover Asparagus 14 spears 20
    Total = 420 Cal & 46 grams protein

Lunch
    Turkey and Swiss on whole wheat w/ mayo 270 Cal, 23 grams protein
    fresh mixed fruits 5oz 70 cal
    Yoplait light yogurt 100 Cal
    Total = 440 Cal and 29 grams protein
  • susiesweets
    Options
    Breakfast: 323 calories total
    Quaker Oats - Regular Oatmeal (Not Instant), 1/2 cup dry 150cal
    Friendly Farms Aldi* - 2% Reduced Fat Milk W/ Vitamin A&D, 0.75 cup (240ml) 90cal
    Apple - Fresh, 1 apple 80cal
    I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! - Spray Original, 3 spray (1g) 0cal
    Spices - Cinnamon, ground, 0.5 tsp 3cal

What did you put the butter spray on the oatmeal? the apples? curious
  • chickenrider
    Options
    Breakfast: 323 calories total
    Quaker Oats - Regular Oatmeal (Not Instant), 1/2 cup dry 150cal
    Friendly Farms Aldi* - 2% Reduced Fat Milk W/ Vitamin A&D, 0.75 cup (240ml) 90cal
    Apple - Fresh, 1 apple 80cal
    I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! - Spray Original, 3 spray (1g) 0cal
    Spices - Cinnamon, ground, 0.5 tsp 3cal

What did you put the butter spray on the oatmeal? the apples? curious

I cut the apple up and cored it, then sprayed it 3X with the spray and sprinkled cinnamon on it. Popped it in the microwave for one minute and had warm apples with my warm oatmeal :)
  • lauravasseur
    Options
    Just made really yummy venison chili, red, white and black beans, shelbys chili spices, ragu sauce for a huge serving, 470 calories, I cut the serving in half and added cheese, still under 500. I am stuffed right now. Should last me all night
  • susiesweets
    Options
    Oh, I thought I saw the cinnamon on the Oatmeal ... yep butter and cinnamon on warm apples does sound pretty darned nummy :love:
  • susiesweets
    Options
    I like to throw about 2.5 lbs of boneless chicken thighs into the crock pot with 1/4 c. BBQ sauce and 1/8 C. water for 8 hours on low and then remove the chicken from the liquids ... shred... return some of the liquid to the chicken and then add almost 3/4 c. BBQ sauce to the lot divide it into about 8 servings for over filled sandwiches. Just throw the meat in a hamburger bun and have a side salad and it keeps me full for at least a few hours. Easy to make great to come home to after a long day at work. :happy:
  • Riskay123
    Riskay123 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    For breakfast you can't beat oatmeal (real, non instant), cinnamon, and 2 egg whites. Once cooked add a 1/2 cup frozen blueberries (they'll thaw in a minute in the hot oatmeal) and you have a very hearty breakfast for 212 calories.

OK I know this I am going to sound like an idiot here but I am new to this thing. I am only on day 4. Do you put the egg whites in the oatmeal or do you eat that seperatly. I have never heard of putting egg white in oats. If they go in the oats do they go in raw after it is cooked or before you cook it?
  • jmm774
    jmm774 Posts: 34
    Options

I congratulate you on your discipline, that is fantastic! Thank you for sharing this, I need more ideas for daily lunches, etc. I get bored with the same stuff. It is also good to know that this keeps you satisfied for a while. I hate being hungry!
  • jmm774
    Options
    I like to throw about 2.5 lbs of boneless chicken thighs into the crock pot with 1/4 c. BBQ sauce and 1/8 C. water for 8 hours on low and then remove the chicken from the liquids ... shred... return some of the liquid to the chicken and then add almost 3/4 c. BBQ sauce to the lot divide it into about 8 servings for over filled sandwiches. Just throw the meat in a hamburger bun and have a side salad and it keeps me full for at least a few hours. Easy to make great to come home to after a long day at work. :happy:

This is a great idea!
  • jmm774
    Options
    You can make a great Mediterranean type sandwich for under 500 calories: bread (take your pick -- french rolls, regular wheat bread, a pita), chicken, 2 tbs hummus, feta cheese, and veggies (cucumbers, bell pepper, tomatoes). I eat this often for lunch. Calorie count will depend on how much of everything you load up, but if you stick to one serving of each, you are easily under 500.

I am definitely trying this!
  • camelid2
    camelid2 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Dinner
    Bionature - Organic 100% Whole Wheat Fusilli, 1 oz. 90 18 1 5 4 3
    Bertolli - Olive Oil & Garlic Pasta Sauce, 1/2 Cup 90 14 3 6 3 3
    Produce - Zucchini Sauteed In Olive Oil, 1/2 cup 60 4 3 2 1 1
    Spinach- - Sauteed Spinach, 0.5 cup 38 3 3 11 2 2
    Garlic - Raw, 2 clove 9 2 0 1 0 0
    Pompeian - Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 Tbsp 120 0 14 0 0 0
    Skinny Cow - White Mint Truffle Low Fat Ice Cream Bar, 1 bar (63g) 100 19 3 2 3 3
    507 60 27 27 13 12
    507 calories total (a small cheat), but it tasted great and kept me full for quite a while.
  • jessicak0614
    jessicak0614 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I usually pack a very random lunch as I'm in a hurry because I don't plan head of time. Today I had grapes, carrots and Pero sweet mini peppers. It held me over until about 6PM.
  • Kathy53925
    Kathy53925 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. Not everyone is nasty. I wish you the best of luck!!