Is P90X Cardio X supposed to be that easy?

Options
2»

Replies

• JoeyTajzai
    JoeyTajzai Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Cardio X is a joke compared to Plyometrics.. I cried doing that.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Cardio X is one workout I never bother doing. It just doesn't get me feeling like I actually did anything. If I'm gonna do cardio in some form other than running, I'll usually pick TurboFire, or Insanity, because those workouts get me going.
  • WatchBrittGetFit
    Options
    .. so did i! ahahahha....... fml. baha
  • jonilynn70
    jonilynn70 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Any idea what Cardio X burns by itself without adding the weight training, etc. afterwards? I want to use it as an alternative cardio workout that I can do indoors when I can't get out to run (such as after dark, bad weather, etc.) but not if it doesn't burn many calories.
  • MirandaEnlightened
    Options
    I love mfp....I always find the answers!!!
  • cristianl47
    Options
    Do plyometrics that **** is ****in hard
  • leojsivad
    leojsivad Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Just to clear a few things up.

Cardio X is used during recovery week for P90x, so it is meant to be a little less intense.

If you found that to be too easy, try Plyometrics.

If you're looking for HARD cardio other than Plyo, try Turbofire or Insanity.
  • samra2012
    samra2012 Posts: 715
    Options
    :bigsmile: try plyometrics or core synergistics.... kenpo is not hard x me anymore!!! :laugh:
  • Forthe4
    Forthe4 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I usually just save Cardio X for those days where I'm feeling super energy and still have some gas in the tank after doing one of the other exercises.

The first time I did Core Synergistics though I was in love.
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Yes, Cardio X is kind of a beginner workout, he even says you should use it if you can't keep up with Plyo. Plyo is amazing! Def give it a shot! I use Cardio X on my yoga days bc Yoga bores me to tears.
  • bri495
    bri495 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am wondering about the amount of calories burned in Cardio X. Some people say that Cardio X is not in the classic program. Well I have to disagree on that one. If you take a look at the video, Tom will mention that if Plyo is too much then working on the Cardio X is the way to go. But I think that it depends on what you want to replace the Plyo video. i am sure other people would agree with me in replacement with Plyo. I still can't do Plyo because it hurts my knees so I do something else for my workout day. If you want to do some cycling that day, then more power to you, its a workout for that day and you would at least do it. I had tried Cardio X and its pretty good. I like it. Its a mixture of other videos he is presenting like Yoga, stretching, kenpo, and plyo. So its a mixture of those workouts. With my Cardio X workout, I added HIIT workout as well. So I would get more workout for that day. Like I said, its up to you how you want to spend on your workout.
  • GoTeamMeaghan
    GoTeamMeaghan Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    i absolutely looooove p90x...but cardio x is definitely easy. plyometrics is my favorite...i wish i could do it everyday :)
  • DeeMac71
    DeeMac71 Posts: 10
    Options
    how can everybody is burning so much calorie??????? I did cardio x this morning and burned only 165 calories and thats jumping around while in the resting time.

I'm 4'11 and weight 105 and I use the heart rate monitor. I usually work in the high 60 and mid 70 %.

Does anybody know why? I know I'm smaller frame but thats a huge difference. :(

It's because you are much smaller. I'm 5'11 and weigh around 170. My HRM tells me that I burn around 400 calories.
    So, I'd say that your HRM is correct. The smaller you are, the less calories you will burn.
  • c2camfan
    c2camfan Posts: 1
    Options
    If I fall off my P90X schedule for any length of time, I do Cardio X every night for a week to build my stamina back up before getting back into my regular P90X schedule. It works well for that.
  • kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    It's one of my favorite DVD's in the series.. a great steady calorie burn that won't leave you gasping for air.
  • sarrah_n
    sarrah_n Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I just finished Cadio X for the first time and my HRM logged 392 calories during the 43 min workout. Sounds about right.
  • Everend
    Everend Posts: 90
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE P90X!!! CardioX is less taxing than the other workouts. Try plyometrics...that one is a bear. I've lost my lunch twice doing that one....