Help! Binged on 7 brownies!

Options
So I had a really clean week, ate right, exercised. I was hanging out with some friends, one of them brought homemade brownies, so I thought "why not reward myself?" I ended up eating 7. I don't know why. Am I going to gain anything?? I'm going for hardcore exercise right now (at 11:30pm), will that be alright?

Replies

• bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Just think about it please. A brownie is maybe 200 cals (I may be wrong). 7 x 200 = 1400 cals. Do you think you are going to gain anything?

You had a good week and are exercising to offset the brownies. More than likely you will not gain even an ounce.
  • CLCinNOLA
    CLCinNOLA Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    What's done is done - - as they say, "no guilt and move on". All I know of to suggest is that once you are done with your exercise and cooled down, be sure and drink some extra water. Then tomorrow, begin new with fresh resolve.
  • belinus
    belinus Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    It's not the end of the world. Here's how to handle it:

1) Accept the fact it happened
    2) Let it Go
    3) Continue on as normal

Eating 7 brownies at one time is not a major set-back. If you kept doing it over and over then you'd have a problem. Weight loss isn't some strict test or formula that is inflexible and one slip up becomes certain doom. Allow yourself to indulge every now and then.

The fact you had a "clean week" makes this little indulgence even more of a non-issue so don't beat yourself up for it.
  • jppd47
    jppd47 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    weight gain is a continuous surplus. one day will not make much of a dent if the rest of your week/month is full of good day and exercise. Its when that one day is reoccurring.

you should be good
  • imworthit52
    imworthit52 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    No worries ...We all Fall off the wagon at times. I know I have. Just dust yourself off & keep on going.
  • honeylunny
    honeylunny Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Don't punish yourself for a little slip up. You've done so well all week! and its a treat for all your hard work and effort!

Maybe next time doing have so many, just one or two.

You shouldnt put on any weight if that eases your mind a little.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    It takes 3500 calories to gain 1 pound. 7 brownies will not equal that amount, especially since you've worked your tail off.

ETA: try not to beat yourself up over this. Perhaps you're being to restrictive? Hungry girl has TONS of great low cal goodies that won't break your calorie bank.
  • teephil
    teephil Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it. Pretty sure you'll survive one night of binge brownie eating. Now if you do this every night, we may have a problem...
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Reward..for what?? a clean week.....you can't think like that unless you aren't trying to lose weight.

It's like a cheat day....doesn't work.

It's a live and learn....next time you will know better!!
  • ketaparker
    Options
    choose a day where you eat a little bit of a snack. i try eating a little bit of an unhealthy snack on the weekends, i will NOT overeat on unhealthy snacks (using that method). i occasionally drink a soda.
  • africaa
    africaa Posts: 228
    Options
    You'll be fine as long as it didn't total up to 3500 cals! Just be sure to drink lots of water.....

Btw I love brownies (hell, chocolate in general) so you definitely had a brownie for me! Thanks :) lol
  • imworthit52
    imworthit52 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It really does sounds Yummy tho lol. I can't wait to have a little Treat on Father's Day. After being good for so long. I think we all can indulge a little once in a while. Just start again tomorrow. You have Youth on your side too. Not like me the old foogie where it takes twice as long for me to loose but so quick to gain. Hope your not going to exercise for 7 hours now to get that off? My girlfriend did that back in the day after eating 1 brownie & we all laughed.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I don't have a crystal ball, so I don't know if you will gain weight or not.

It happened, it's over, the only thing you can do is put it behind you and move on.

One binge will not make or break your weight loss. Tomorrow, get right back on track, that's all you can do. And do not take the brownie calories out of your calories for tomorrow, that kind of thing will only set you up for another binge.
  • notnormallyacaloriecounter
    Options
    i've found every once and a while "binging" as you called it is okay, i had a weekend where i ate nothing but crap after weeks of eating well. i was panicking didn't want to get on the scale and when i did i found that i had actually LOST 3 pounds. splurging every once and a while will not derail you. don't stress and try not to beat yourself up.
  • TheChosenOne_
    Options
    Dang...7 brownies...
    You need to have the discipline to control your self!! Come on you can do it!
  • EAlexandraB
    EAlexandraB Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Add one brownie to each of the next 7 days in your food diary, then forget about it. Learn from the experience and move on!
  • svetz
    svetz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You will be ok, this time. You have probably been depriving yourself of treats. We had a cookout at work today, and I took a little corner of a brownie to have a taste- about a 1/4 portion. It satisfied the craving. If I had ignored them all together, then the next time I came across an inviting pan of fresh brownies, I probably would have over indulged too. Listen to what your body is asking for and just provide a smaller amount. Someone once told me that only 3 bites matter - first, last and middle bite. The rest you don't really taste or satisfy so why bother with it? I have tried to take this mentality for the non-healthy foods I come across but still want. Seems to work!
  • KrystieNye
    KrystieNye Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I found this a while back on MFP (Not sure who the original poster was...sorry), and it helps me when I feel like I've over eaten. Hope it helps you too! :)

HOLY ****! I'VE EATEN SO MUCH! IM GOING TO BE OBESE"
    I bet you're thinking that. I know I have. But I read this and it put my mind at rest.

"Ok.

Stop.

Take a deep breath and put your thinking cap on.

I’m going to hit you with some wisdom, ok?

Take your weight loss calorie goal, and just toss that number out the window. We’re not going to talk about that right now. We’re going to talk about that minor (or major) freak out we sometimes have when we’re having a really good week, eating really well, then we lose our damn minds and stuff our faces with delicious delicious junk food.

2000 calories is about what your body needs to maintain your weight and keep all your organs doing all those lovely keeping you alive things that they do. Your body burns all those calories at rest. That means that while you’re sitting on your *kitten*, walking to the fridge and back, scrolling through tumblr, etc etc.. your body is making you breathe and make new cells and **** and burns those 2000 calories.

To gain a single pound, you’d have to eat another 3500 calories on top of those 2000. Thats 5500 calories. 5500 calories is a ****ing lot of calories, okay?

Lets take a look at what 5500 calories looks like.

One slice of a large pepperoni pizza from pizza hut is 330 calories. You’d have to eat a little over 2 entire large pepperoni pizzas to hit 5500 calories.
    One crunchy taco from taco bell is 170 calories. To eat 5500 calories, you’d have to eat 32 tacos.
    One double cheeseburger from mcdonalds is 440 calories. 12 of those is 5500 calories.
    21 cheetos are 160 calories. 714 cheetos are 5500 calories.
    Was whatever junk you ate probably a bad choice health-wise? Probably.

Did you ruin all your progress? No.

Did you even eat enough to gain an entire whole pound? Nooope.

Are you going to survive, drink some water, go for a walk or run in the morning, and forgive yourself? Yep. You are.

Know why?

Cause **** happens.

But we move on, and we stay determined.

Stop freaking out. Forgive yourself."
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Extra working out wont really help as those brownies or ne thing else you eat takes awhile to be fully digested and whatnot. I say so you messed up, brush off and start again tomorrow! I mess up alot and F it! Its cuz I looove my food and junk foods and sweets. What can I say if you couldnt stop as a reward at just 1 then It may seem you too love your sweets as well. And its not a crime as long as it doesnt turn into self sabotage every day or whatever. which I still do sometimes But key point IS NEVER GIVE UP even with or without MESS UPS! :) No need to punish yourself to workout extra hard.
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I wish I had 7 brownies to mess up with right now...