Feeling broken.

Options
2»

Replies

• saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I can relate. My last in-person friend I let go two years ago because she had become so self-centered and jealous of what I had she was sabotaging my life. My boyfriend lives 600+ miles away with a job at a theme park so we don't get to talk much. It's very lonely because I can remember the days when every weekend I went to the mall or movies with friends or had sleepovers or long nights on the phone/computer. I never felt alone.

I know it's probably a cliche thing to suggest, but try and find local groups that are in your interests. Like if you enjoy reading, find a book club willing to take members. If you like crafts, find a crafting group. Last summer I took up a drawing class being taught out of a woman's home and I made some friends from the regulars that I keep up with now via FB since I stopped taking the class. It got me out the house, I was in a social situation, and I was doing something I liked. Even if you don't make BFFs from the people, it can really ease that loneliness and give you something to look forward to. Also look up social events you might be interested in.

That aside, keep yourself busy. If your pangs and tears come at night, find something you can do every night to keep your mind off of, well, anything. Get involved in a TV show, do things around the house, read, try to learn something new, walk around the block, so on. Pets are also a good distraction, if you can have them. I have 3 cats so there's always stuff going on and I'll get on the floor and play with them and chase them.

This is something you can change, I promise.
  • TheChosenOne_
    Options
    Aww that sucks =/
  • izzydino
    izzydino Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. Hugs to you my friend.
  • SingeSange
    SingeSange Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hey, I totally understand and I've felt that way myself on more than one occassion. Most of my friends are married with children or in relationships and I don't have a boyfriend or anyone to come home to at the end of the day. It gets me down sometimes. I hope you're feeling more like yourself tomorrow. : )
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Hey honey I've been there too. Still have some really bad days and nights myself. It'll get better. Being alone sucks. It truely does.

I'm here for ya though. :heart:
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    We all definitely have those feelings. I almost throw myself into them with gusto having marathons of sappy movies, sad songs, crap that makes me ball like an oversensitive teenager. It is almost therapeutic. Lol. My husband is currently on the other side of the globe so I definitely have to make the nights go quick and the days busy, but it all passes eventually. :flowerforyou:
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Don't have "real" friends so my MFP friends are it. My husband tells me he is my best friend but sometimes it's not the same (Don't get me wrong I love my husband to pieces).
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Just a thought - have you tried the www.meetup.com site? You can meet some like-minded people there, try new things and hopefully have some fun! :)

I moved 12000 miles away from my friends and family and this has been a lifesaver for me :)
  • Neconilis
    Neconilis Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've been there myself on many a night, even if I don't like to admit it at times. The only advice that I can give is that I'm sure it's not as bad as it seems whatever's truly getting to you. Also, even if you don't have any friends physically close that doesn't mean there aren't people in this world who honestly care about you. Yes, it's not the same at times, but you can still talk to us and we can help. We're all here for one another after all =)
  • denise4230
    denise4230 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I hope you have a better day today. I do know how you feel, all my best friends are still back home in Pittsburgh and our family is scattered around the US. After 13 yrs here, I still only have 1 or 2 friends I count close enough to call and say "hey, let's go catch a movie or a drink" with and they live an hour away. But I have my 2 daughters that I am very close to and that helps.
  • hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    MMM this makes me think, the friends i have are too far away for close contact too, but do have my family, The thing i fiind is when trying to make friends, so many people are so standoffish and they dont want to let you in for some reason. alot of people are so selfcentered and they have there own groups which makes it hard to join in as you can tell they dont realy want you to join in. I sometimes wonder how people have friends for a life time, is it coz they never say a bad word to them and never tell them the truth. I have had freinds that have just dropped me for some reason, I when I think about it, its because they have some issues that they dont want you to know so they hide more and more. because your opion is not there maybe.
    Somewhere in life I hope there is a realt friend out there for you, but I am yet to find one.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Morning, stumbled on this am going to send you a friend request
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Thank you, everyone....the support you have all given is really amazing! Today is a new day and I am determined to make it a great one!!!!