trouble staying on track- help!

Options
hi everyone! my name is lena and i've been MFP'ing since february. i've lost about 25 lbs in that time, but since i've hit that point, i've been slacking. just now, i made peanut butter cookies for no reason at all. its 10 pm, and i know tomorrow i'll for sure regret this. i've been doing things like this all week, and i've gained 1 and 1/2 pounds in that time.

does anyone have any motivating words of wisdom, tips or advice on how to stay on track? anything that will keep me going on this journey? i'm about 10 pounds away from my goal and i need all of the support i can get.

thanks so much in advance! :)

Replies

• ployjoy
    ployjoy Posts: 45
    Options
    I think something people lose sight of in weight loss is that it is truly a JOURNEY. It is one where you will fall, it is not a matter of IF but rather WHEN. Because in those moments -- those 10 PB cookies @ 10 PM, those 1 bag of Doritos post-workout, and those days where you just don't feel like getting up to work out -- that is when your character is being tested. You have two options here - give up, or power through. So what, you ate some cookies. You're up by a little bit of weight. YOU'VE LOST 25 POUNDS! Give yourself some credit! That is some real hard work you've put in girl!!

Concentrate on a downward trend regarding weight. Concentrate on the fact that today may you've slipped, but you /haven't/ fallen. Tomorrow you'll get up and power through this. Weight will flux by +/- 4lbs, some days I'll wake up heavier and some days lighter. Look for a consistent downward trend, rather than consistent losses on a day-to-day basis. Hope this gives you some piece of mind! YOU'RE AWESOME AND YOU GOT THIS!
  • lenaelkins
    lenaelkins Posts: 27
    Options
    thank you, ployjoy! you're full of wise words. you made me feel a lot better about this! so greatful to have you as a MFP friend! :)