Hello, support welcomed.......

Options
Good Morning

I joined MFP several weeks ago when embarking on a change of eating habits, have done several diets if you like but its now time to really learn to eat in a healthy manner. Haven't yet posted but decided today I would like some encouragement to really make this whole 'change of habits' work for me and shift the pounds for good. January this year I was the heaviest I have ever been around 190lbs and I could really start to feel it on my knee joints and self esteem was terribly affected. I have no idea how, think its just being cautious and moving a lot more, I have managed to lose 20lbs in total (11lbs) since joining here. I think writing food down has helped massively.

I feel tons better and my knee joint doesn't feel the twinges hardly anymore. My ultimate goal could be 140lbs but for now I'm aiming for 154 then see where I want to go from there. I really want to make some changes and stop the yo yo'ing which has gone on for a long time, I lose the weight but somehow don't realise or attempt to maintain the weight and it always piles back on, leaving me deflated when I wake one morning and wonder how the heck the scales show what they do. Anyhow thats me, young kids whom I want to be an inspiration and fit for and more importantly to feel really good about myself which of course has a huge positive knock on affect all round. Any tips on how to use the forum/get the most from MFP welcomed. Thanks.

Replies

• imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Good Morning

I joined MFP several weeks ago when embarking on a change of eating habits, have done several diets if you like but its now time to really learn to eat in a healthy manner. Haven't yet posted but decided today I would like some encouragement to really make this whole 'change of habits' work for me and shift the pounds for good. January this year I was the heaviest I have ever been around 190lbs and I could really start to feel it on my knee joints and self esteem was terribly affected. I have no idea how, think its just being cautious and moving a lot more, I have managed to lose 20lbs in total (11lbs) since joining here. I think writing food down has helped massively.

I feel tons better and my knee joint doesn't feel the twinges hardly anymore. My ultimate goal could be 140lbs but for now I'm aiming for 154 then see where I want to go from there. I really want to make some changes and stop the yo yo'ing which has gone on for a long time, I lose the weight but somehow don't realise or attempt to maintain the weight and it always piles back on, leaving me deflated when I wake one morning and wonder how the heck the scales show what they do. Anyhow thats me, young kids whom I want to be an inspiration and fit for and more importantly to feel really good about myself which of course has a huge positive knock on affect all round. Any tips on how to use the forum/get the most from MFP welcomed. Thanks.

friend me, i can help
  • dazzyshaw
    dazzyshaw Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello good morning feel free to add always looking for more friends
  • melissab187
    Options
    Wtg and welcome to MFP. Feel free to friend me. :)