Obsessed

Options

Replies

• svetz
    svetz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. I can't imagine ever not doing this in the future. I often prelog items that are guaranteed items for the day, so that I can look at my ratios and make smarter lunch choices. I have to know what I am eating and what effect it will have on my day, before I eat it. If I don't like what it does to my log, I omit the item and pick something else. I watch my macros and ratios like a hawk. I love being aware of everything and its content. I can't believe I flew blind for so long, thinking something was healthly that wasn't, et cetria. I know I am obsessed, but I know it is a really good obsessed. Its the first, most basic step to ensuring this is an overall lifestyle change and health improvement. Being dedicated with logging is the best way for me personally to stay commmitted and successful.
  • thuy5
    thuy5 Posts: 22
    Options
    You know it's bad when your thinking of taking your slim line digital scales with you in your hand bag. Uh oh
  • slim104
    slim104 Posts: 160
    Options
    I love doing it. Its become part of my day. I check things out before i cook them so i can choose the healthiest option.
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    AlphamaleBAMF Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else feel absolutely obsessed with logging their foods?

I wouldn't say I'm obsessed with the logging of foods so much as I am with my weight loss. I'm really motivated to get it done and if I have to walk to gym at 2am I'll do it rather than miss it.
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    I have moments where i'm obsessed with it. I'd say 95% of the time I have to log right before I eat something. But i find it keeps me honest and in check to I do what I gotta do. LOL must get healthy(skinny)
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    I love, love love this site . this is the first time I've had to hold my self accountable for what i ate because its all in front of me. really makes me more aware of what i'm eating and always checking calories now before i even consider eating it.

^this^! :bigsmile:
  • babeloco
    babeloco Posts: 1
    Options
    Yes!!! I am the same way and if I don't record my food I have a nagging feeling like I've forgotten something. I figure this is going to have to be a way of life for me from now on cuz its incredible the amount of "stuff" goes into my mouth if I don't record it. I love this site!
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    my friends yell at me because I lie to my phone.. I don't log EVERYTHING... well, recently i have been.. so maybe I am...but when I started,meh.. i skipped stuff and figured if i was still losing, so what..
  • Cant0na
    Cant0na Posts: 34
    Options
    I am 20 days in to my diet and I am already getting a feel for portion sizes and what I should and shouldn't be eating.
    I don't feel like it is necessary for me to log every day, planning the next few meals. ahead is critical for me though.
    I don't think I have ever been so organized with meal plans or given so much thought to food before
  • loztredders
    loztredders Posts: 142
    Options
    I'm seriously obsessed!
    I even dreamt about calories last night, honestly!
    Though, I am far happier now I am in control of my eating habits than I was before so I don't mind too much.
  • kldaisy78
    kldaisy78 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have logged over 165 days in a row and I would be such a stressed out mess if I didn't. I would have never lost all the weight I did without this site, but yes somethings I feel like it a slight obsession.
  • WishfulShrinking331
    WishfulShrinking331 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! Omg I will prepare myself a meal and sit at the table and log it before I even have a bite! I count calories in my head before I decide what I am going to eat, yesterday at work the first thing I did when I got off my shift was log what I ate for lunch...I'm obsessed!!! I've been counting calories for three years and I find myself counting other peoples calories!
  • mgram2
    mgram2 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! Omg I will prepare myself a meal and sit at the table and log it before I even have a bite! I count calories in my head before I decide what I am going to eat, yesterday at work the first thing I did when I got off my shift was log what I ate for lunch...I'm obsessed!!! I've been counting calories for three years and I find myself counting other peoples calories!

Haha I love telling my boyfriend how many calories are in his food. He doesn't watch what he eats at all (he's 6 ft, 148 lbs, with the world's fastest metabolism) so his meals easily go over 1000 calories in one sitting.
  • idziak04
    idziak04 Posts: 69
    Options
    When I first started MFP back in February, I logged EVERYTHING. I have been a little lax with logging my food lately, but I am still losing. I am more obsessed with working out and I feel extremly guilty if I don't workout every single day. I love this site and I have learned so much from it.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty obsessed with it, I'm going on vacation in 2 weeks....I'll won't be able to log for a week, I'm already stressing about it.
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I can only do it one way. Totally committed to exercise, totally committed to what I eat. Obsessed no doubt. I am a calorie bore!
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I totally understand where you guys are coming from!! haha I think I'm obsessed as well. Ah well, the way I see it - I could be obsesed/addicted to much worse so if healthy eating and exercise are the only thing I'm doing good in my opinion! Good luck everyone!!
  • toriking
    toriking Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am totally obsessed with logging but it has taught me so much about my habits, weaknesses and strengths. Totally an obsession I can live with x
  • Sstjacques
    Options
    i love logging everything. I was so far off with how many calories i THOUGHT i was eating during the day. I couldn't understand why I wasn't losing weight until I started logging everything and really realized I was not eating as great as I thought I was. Now I"m totally motivated to work out and burn those calories so that I can have a treat at the end of the day :-)
  • kabbit42
    kabbit42 Posts: 85
    Options
    I have to eat out a lot so I spend quite a bit of time researching online menus and dishes I might want to eat just so I can prelog and make everything work. Being able to use the app really takes the compulsion to the next level I think. Not a bad one, but one nonetheless.