What do I look like to you?? (pics)

Options
2»

Replies

• JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I'd say 10/12. Your top half and waist are neat, legs and bum slightly bigger. Speaking as an ex size 14 you are no way that.
    PS You look absolutely fine to me, though I am not one to talk as I regularly get told I have the same body image problem as you describe. I see people as way slimmer than me, only to be told that I I'm thinner thand them. Mind, I also get told I'm anorexic by some people, and anyone who's seen my food diary knows that's not true! So who do you believe?
  • fjc1968
    fjc1968 Posts: 26
    Options
    You look great, judging by your pics you are smaller than me and I'm a 12, so I'd say you are a 10.
  • sculptandtone
    sculptandtone Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Difficult to tell size from pic because we don't know how tall you are or the size of your frame. If I was forced to answer I'd base it on average height and average frame say an 8 US, which is like a 10 UK think??? Either way, you look healthy.
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I really appreciate you all taking the time to reply to me. Yes I do have negative body image problems and I have had cognitive behaviour therapy before but didnt find it very helpful. I'm working on weight training, and I do lift heavy and I'm pretty muscley, but I think I will try and be more consistent in my lifting to lower my body fat and gain more muscle, I'd rather be "strong" than skinny.
    Thanks again for all your lovely comments, and I am a UK10/12 depending on the shop, Hanny, you were right :happy:
  • MrsLong1980
    MrsLong1980 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    10 to 12? But why focus on these numbers when shops can't keep the sizes right and even in one shop the same size items can vary in size?!
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    You look like you have a healthy weight, maybe drop 5-10 pounds since you said you don't like how you look, but thats it. You look good the way you are now so I think whatever size you are works well for you.
  • hill_dilley
    hill_dilley Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    HI,

Totally agree with other posts on here, you look healthy, fit and sporty with a well defined waist.

In terms of sizes, you look similar to me pre-baby - but better legs and smaller bottom! :wink: That would put my estimate at a 10 top /12 trousers.

I have been 16 and now 14 post baby and you are definaely slimmer than that.

p.s I think you are very brave putting up these pics and asking for advice - Well Done!

Liz :smile:
  • carrotstick2012
    Options
    Depending on your height I'd say 10-12. But more importantly - you look very nicely proportioned, nicely toned and just right to me.
  • NannersBalletLegs
    NannersBalletLegs Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You're built pretty much the same as me, but you're way more toned than I am. I hope to be where you're at in a month or two. Looking good!
  • hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Before I read anyones elses reply I would have said a ten to twelve, which is way slimmer than me, im a 14 count yourself lucky you are that size,
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    You look great, flat tummy, your body is fine :-) Take some time to look at other people's photos in the before and afters and see how you compare.
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I guessed 10-12 so I was right :smile: I would be VERY happy to look like you.
  • fitpilatesqueen
    Options
    If you think like this about yourself then you are lucky you are not me.
    You look fantasic, I wish I looked this good instead of having trouble looking for clothes in size 20-22.
    Stop thinking like this about yourself. You look great, awesom.
  • rememberme0_0
    Options
    Great body shape! Mind if i ask what you don't like about your body? xx
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Great body shape! Mind if i ask what you don't like about your body? xx

Course not, I dont like my bottom half, top half I seem to be good at gaining muscle but bottom half is where I carry my weight and I think my legs are chunky, and I have no ankles! LOL.
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I think you look great. Your legs are not chunky, and you definitely have ankles.

The ironic thing is I look a lot like you and feel the same way about my body as you do yet I truly think you look great. We are way too hard on ourselves.
  • lisha_cakes
    Options
    i think you look great. perfect body shape. :p
  • OooLaurenooO
    OooLaurenooO Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    You look fab...Id kill for a flat tummy like yours. :smile:
  • _Thanatos_
    _Thanatos_ Posts: 166
    Options
    Nice! Not disgusting at all