Boy troubles):

Options
13»

Replies

• Adureeuh
    Adureeuh Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    This is just what I think, but I think that maybe you could just focus on yourself and see what happens. By that I mean, send him little texts here and there and talk to him, but don't make a huge effort on your part. If he seems REALLY interested in texting/calling/hanging out, be yourself and give him your undivided attention so he knows you are interested, but don't try and make it work if it can't. Sometimes opposites work great together but sometimes they just get on each other's nerves and are better off friends. It's true, if he does care for you he will do what he needs to do to keep you in his life. However, if he's busy and has other concerns in his life, he may need to wait for a serious relationship or keep the relationship easygoing for now.

And don't forget there are other guys out there who may be ready for the kind of relationship you want now. I wish you the best of luck!
  • BecomingElle
    BecomingElle Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry someone got hurt, that's awful! But yes, do watch out because no doubt his list of excuses may pile up...

My ex-boyfriend was always late picking me up to go somewhere because he was doing things like watching an episode of his favourite tv show, or some other lame-*kitten* excuse. He was honest, yes, but kinda didn't really think too much of our dates and stuff.

Take a long hard look at your relationship. Never forget that YOU are the prize, not him. If you break up, it's HIS loss. You are an amazing girl and anyone would be lucky to have you, and you deserve someone who thinks the world of you and never wants to disappoint you - all they want is your happiness! Is Brandon treating you like the wonderful girl you are, or is he taking you for granted? And if this is only the beginning of the relationship, well, it may only get worse from here... unless he's under the impression you're just casual and not serious yet?

Make sure you're both on the same page :)
  • Mctree20
    Mctree20 Posts: 137
    Options
    He's just not that into you.

^^ This.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options

This....more women should watch the movie as well.

No they should not! After two hours of telling her to give it up, the guy ends up showing up at her door wanting to be with her. The ending was the opposite message of the whole entire movie.

Totally agree. Thanks. I thought I was the only human that found a complete contradiction there.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options

This....more women should watch the movie as well.

No they should not! After two hours of telling her to give it up, the guy ends up showing up at her door wanting to be with her. The ending was the opposite message of the whole entire movie.

This
  • petite_boleyn
    Options
    It kind of seems like he's stringing you along until he leaves. Don't stick around with that! If he really wanted to be with you, he'd make an effort!

Iawtc.
  • beccerab
    beccerab Posts: 22
    Options

Yep. Move on to bigger and better things :)
  • RamTX22
    RamTX22 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Youve got to keep on moving !
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I would think that too but he tells me he loves me and talks about our future and stuff/:

What is the term I am looking for? Ah yes , "stringing you along".

Nail meet Head haha.

Russ
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Do you want a long term relationship with these occurances? They will happen over and over just in different settings. You teach people how to treat you by not putting up with disrespect. Await an explanation, but don't make excuses for him.

You will not change him so you need to decide if this is what you want. Don't allow the drama to influence your decision, keep it calm and think it through.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Move on....If he doesn't have much respect for you now he definitely won't later....You can find someone who respects you and your time!!!
  • Windy32
    Windy32 Posts: 54
    Options
    Being married to a soldier I can say the military usually comes first(ex soldiers saftey) and sometimes the recepetion in some areas(hospitals) isn't great. But however if you feel you are not being treated the way you need to be then move on. Part of being with a soldier is those middle of night calls when they have to leave to handle, something that someone stupid has done. My husband has worked very hard to not make me feel like the mistress in our realationship which isn't easy all the time.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I would think that too but he tells me he loves me and talks about our future and stuff/:

What is the term I am looking for? Ah yes , "stringing you along".

Ditto!

yeah this, I'm an ex soldier and can't stand being late to anything. the fact that he makes you wait is a huge sign of disrespect and possibly manipulation. it really does sound like he is stringing you along.
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    husband was also a soldier, he MADE time for me. a phone call to break plans isn't a big deal, or even a text to say "my buddy's an idiot, we're in hospital, so sorry I missed our date." I agree with a lot of others here, if he was really into you, he'd make the effort to make you feel special. That being said, I've got 4 brothers, and let me tell ya, they can all be boneheads, but their wives can't resist them. ;) AND they were all taught, if she's worth it, make her feel worth it, and you gotta "earn" her.

He's not earning you. If he doesn't make you feel WOW! now, then what's going to happen later? I say, next time you make a date with him (if you choose to do so) you don't wait around. if it's at 7pm, then 7:01 you're outta there, and going out with the girls. if you wanna be vindictive, you could always no-show on him, but usually the high road is better in my opinion. "A lady doesn't like to be kept waiting." so quit waiting for him. There are lots of other marines out there, or other soldiers, if you've got a thing for men in uniform.
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options

Lots of guys will tell you they love you and want a future with you. Plenty of fish in the sea who care about and have the same values that you do.