Donor Meat

Options
2»

Replies

• feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    ...Donair? Haha. I don't know off hand, but they have packs of it at my grocery store so I am sure there is information from the label kicking around on the internet.
  • cheesy_blasters
    cheesy_blasters Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    OMG DONAIR.

I kept thinking 'donor' like organ donor and I was just like "you don't eat that ****, if you need it, they stick it inside you!".

ugh too early to brain.
  • spotuk
    spotuk Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    oh crap LOL i just noticed i spelt it wrong lmao!!!

I mean Doner kebab Meat lol
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Why bother askin...if you're at the stage of eating Doner meat then you've obviously had waaayyy to many calories from alcohol already, haha!!
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    scared
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Sounds cannibalistic to me as well!! But have you typed it (with all of the spellings) into the database yet...You may be suprised it might be in there!!
  • fredd500
    fredd500 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    /* Dons flame deflector */ Well, if everyone spoke the queens English, we would all know what was meant. :wink: :bigsmile:

Hmm, except the word Doner comes from the Turkish word dondurmek meaning "rotating roast" and yes, agree that if you are at the stage of CHOOSING a Doner, you may as well right off the day and start again tomorrow! If you are going out of your way to eat a Kebab sober, choose a Chicken one or a Lamb Shish which is usually proper pieces of meat grilled on the skewer, not chopped, shaped and reformed meat warmed on a spit.
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I just checked - MFP database has a lot of choices for donair meat.
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    May I suggest searching the database for "brain" for a daily dose of lol.

Brain muffin mmmmm.

Kellogs raisin brain looks pretty tasty as well.
  • tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    In the UK Donar meat has to be labelled, if it is anything other than Lamb. taking the Meat part only it ranges from 360 to 370 cal per 100g. or around 740kcal per donar (meat only) So with your donar, pitta and salad you are looking at 850cal, add dressings and you're up around the 1000 to 1200 cals. the kiss of death for a healthy donar is the trans fat content, which was according to a report in 2009, 6 /34 times as much in a single donar, as in a big mac and fries. (5.9g as compared to .87g in a big mac and fries)
  • spotuk
    spotuk Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    In the UK Donar meat has to be labelled, if it is anything other than Lamb. taking the Meat part only it ranges from 360 to 370 cal per 100g. or around 740kcal per donar (meat only) So with your donar, pitta and salad you are looking at 850cal, add dressings and you're up around the 1000 to 1200 cals. the kiss of death for a healthy donar is the trans fat content, which was according to a report in 2009, 6 /34 times as much in a single donar, as in a big mac and fries. (5.9g as compared to .87g in a big mac and fries)

Thanks Tadpole!