How much meat do you eat a day?

Options
How much meat do you eat everyday to meet your macro's?
Personally i have about 4 chicken breasts, and 1 1/2lb of ground turkey each day,,its coming out to be quite expensive, how about you?

Replies

• athensguy
    athensguy Posts: 550
    Options
    Somewhere between 0 and 15 ounces, usually. Last Saturday I probably had a lot more than that when I ate 3 BBQ sandwiches, but that's more than usual.
  • beccarte
    beccarte Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Generally I have 3 chicken breasts for dinner and a scoop of whey protein after I lift. I make sure to take an extra scoop of the protein supplement if I don't eat any meat with my meals that day.
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day, but generally throughout the day it's a large chicken/turkey breast, half a pack of cold cooked lean meat and then something else like lean beef or fish, plus my protein powder in the mornings.
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    None.
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Most days for dinner we have a lb of ground chicken or ground turkey. My husband gets 12oz and I get 4oz. If we're doing chicken breasts, he gets about 16oz and I have 8oz.

We usually only have meat for dinner
  • deaddivya
    deaddivya Posts: 102
    Options
    None.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I've prelogged for 2day & there isn't any meat, unless u consider tuna meat. Which I have for lunch.
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Half the time I don't eat any. When I do, it's one serving: 4 oz of chicken, a can of tuna, or a few slices of turkey. I do struggle to make my protein macro, but I think I do a pretty good job for not keeping meat in the house. It IS expensive.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I eat maybe 4oz or less of meat daily. I try to only eat meat once a day, and to keep my portion fairly small (i.e., the prop portion size that's comes out to about the size of a deck of cards). Some days I eat vegetarian too. I prefer getting most of my protein from beans, lentils, eggs, tofu, and whey protein if I can help it. I feel sluggish and bloated if I eat a lot of meat in one sitting. I also found when I gave meat up for Lent a few years back, I ate way more vegetables and other healthy, plant based foods. I find my diet is just more balanced when I eat less meat.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    about 10oz chicken breast or red meet,
    but I also eat lots of diary - 10oz greek yogurt combiend with chicken breast (not in one meal LOL) get's me where i want to be macrowise
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I usually have a chicken breast for dinner, and a carved chicken sandwich for lunch.
  • JB5349
    JB5349 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I eat high protein for the most part - so I eat anywhere between 15-24 oz of meat or other protein a day! I am a carnivore I LOVE meat!
  • Doing_The_Unstruck
    Doing_The_Unstruck Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    One serving per day, 3-5 oz. sometimes none. Still get plenty of protein, meat isn't the only source.
  • superstarcassie
    superstarcassie Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Probably around 12-14 ounces a day- depending on what my meals are! If I eat chicken, I can easily take out 8-10 ounces in a meal! I usually have some sort of meat with every meal- even breakfast. (bacon or turkey sausage).
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    One serving per day, 3-5 oz. sometimes none. Still get plenty of protein, meat isn't the only source.
    Same here!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    At least a pound plus a protein shake. I shoot for 225g of protein a day, though it's been coming closer to 250g lately.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    somewhere between 4 & 8 oz. My friends are stunned when I tell them "I gotta go pick up my grass fed beef order. 30 lbs. It'll last us a month". They're like "Ohmigosh that would last me a year". Well, if you think about it, our family of 3 uses 1 lb of meat per day, and that's pretty much 5 oz, which is not much more than the food guidelines suggest.
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    27 ounces yesterday, that's on the higher side. But probably about a pound a day.
  • srs88
    srs88 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    200 grams of protein a day, in the ballpark 8-12 oz of meat per day. The rest from whey protein, very convenient, high quality, and cheap.
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I usually have 2 turkey sausage in the morning. Sometimes with bacon. Chicken or fish for lunch. Chicken, beef, pork, lamb, or fish for dinner. This usually comes around 150g of meat per meal or so.

Today I had two rashers of bacon, a turkey burger for breakfast. Lunch I had 100g of Tuna Chunks. Dinner I have 290g of chicken breast.