Ladies only, I have a personal question.

Options

Replies

• tiddles48
    tiddles48 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi!

Sorry to hear about your problem......I would go straight to my GP and get some serious pain relief. You surely don't need to suffer with cramps with all the pain relief medication available these day!
  • heagler870
    heagler870 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I use tampons? I workout the same? I don't do anything differently. Funny thing though. Since i've changed my diet my period has changed dramatically. Like I'm only on for 3 days and it's really light. I don't really cramp either.
  • Jessastar
    Jessastar Posts: 234
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I'll try all that and with yoga and all. I won't rest unless I need a rest day depending how my body is, but I usually rest every 10 days. (:

Thanks all for the info and advice!
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I normally do my work out unless my cramps get really bad.
  • TaxGirlxo
    TaxGirlxo Posts: 27
    Options
    Ugh, I just got it today :(

I've been doing 30 day shred for the past 7 days, and could hardly tell it was coming except for bloating up like a balloon halfway through yesterday :(:(:( Usually I have PMS for a full week. I took a diuretic today, just to try it, and it seems to be helping. I almost feel like I can face the sunlight... so I may go for a walk. The gym is a definite, giant NO.

I soo despise this time of the month, it's like my life just comes to a screeching halt.

Judging by the above posts, I think the effects of this time of month vary vastly for different types of women. I was watching Sesame Street with my son earlier today, and my baby's dad was picking on me for not wanting to "get going" for the day so I told him I wish I was Oscar the Grouch - that way I could curl up inside of a trash can, close the lid, and be alone in the darkness..... LOL, that probably doesn't help you out much but at least I can commiserate.
  • bzgl40
    bzgl40 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I do my normal routine, except swimming.

A tampon is a wonderful thing. Swim away...
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    For me, working out gets rid of the cramps so I tend to do more around TOM...
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Honestly? I usually skip working out during the first few days. I've found when I workout on those first few days? I end up bleeding far heavier, along with feeling light headed, dizzy and sick to my stomach. I know they say working out HELPS with cramps and such, but I find it is counter productive for me, so I skip it.
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I normally use tampons and then I do low impact the first day or the first heavy day. Typically after that I'm good to go.
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I try to do some yoga since like you I get really bad cramps and my back will hurt like a ****ens and in addition to that I have allot of problems with tight ligaments that worsens with the hormones. Even yoga can feel very painfull. I dont know about you but I get very tired and weak and ache all over. It is a challenge. Especially as I get very very hungry
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I just push through it, to be honest. I take some Pamprin and keep going.
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    2nd day is usally the worse for me so I don't workout, after that I'm back in the game. The cramps don't hinder me, it's the bloating that messes me up............
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Yoga and pilates help A LOT.
  • reen62
    reen62 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    If you know about when it comes start taking Advil one day prior and take regularly during the first couple days. It really makes a difference and can actually slow down the flow.
  • MiaOrange
    MiaOrange Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I try to do the same thing/workouts. I noticed that when I work out really hard a few days before that my cramps are a lot less, I usually don't plan it that way, but maybe I should. On my TOM though, I feel sooooo tired and have a hard time, but with life's busyness, I don't have much of a chance to stop. Only other issue is cravings...
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I get severe cramps for two days out of every TOM, def not big into exercising during that time, ouch. :(
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I don't change my routine. I find the physical activity helps.

My running tends to be a little slower, but apart from that, i'm pretty much business as usual.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I don't alter my workout at all. Being active has always helped me and I seem to cramp a ton less. Maybe try something less strenuous if it's hurting you?
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Since losing some weight and having a steady workout routine, mine has gotten TONS better. I do the same things I always do now.
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I start to workout as usual and if it gets too bad I stop and rest and then resume in ten minutes or so. I remember once having a leak on the treadmill and I had to go change and then I kept going. I was determined to give myself no excuses.