Anyone else suffer from anxiety/depression/painful health co

Options
13»

Replies

• losingthehealthyway
    Options
    I have struggled with social anxiety and major depression since I was 12, and was diagnosed when I was 13-14. It's still frustrating to be numb for no reason, or scared to spend time with friends who clearly care about me. I've learned a lot of coping skills, some unhealthy, including emotional eating. And that is why I'm here.

Add me if you're looking for a buddy! I'm pretty new to mfp and could use some people who know what it's like.
  • Dontneed60
    Dontneed60 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    depression is my homegirl!!!! she has been with me all my life and anxiety we have party together also,,,pain got attached to me at birth,,,,but its time to get a new homegirl,,,,party with my self,,and kill pain,,,and do me its hard belive me food is my best friend its faithfull to me always there wen i need it,it never says no and takes away the pain for a short time,,but it comes back wen i see my self in the mirror.am 32 and i have waisted my live with this feelings,, your not alone!!!!!! depression will leave you wen you start seeing you look better,,, anxiety wont come oround couse you wont have time for it,,,and pain well it will always be there but you will learn how to control it to the point were its there but you cant feel it!!!!! its time to do us for us and shine its hard but it could be done,
    ''no one will see our value till we value our self''
  • DonttrythatwithME
    DonttrythatwithME Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I suffer from Anxiety and depression, funny this topic has cropped up as today is the worst day i have had for about 3 weeks 1 step forward two steps back aha.

I also have a pin down my shin from an old football injury which gives me pain if i over do it on the running/football

all on here please feel free to add
  • amivox
    amivox Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    This is clearly an old topic, but I was searching for depression on the forums because, obviously, I am dealing with a pretty severe bout of it myself right now. I was diagnosed bi-polar, but I don't really think that I am because it seems to only be caused by certain things and I don't have mania, ever. I get really super depressed though. I can't eat, all I want to do is sleep, and working out seems like the last thing in the world that I want to do. I have been in the current depressed phase since Tuesday. I have been working out hardcore for 3 months straight, lost 30 lbs, and then some *kitten* has the audacity to tell me I have cottage cheese on my legs. Compound that with my boyfriend being a total **** and totally being unsupportive, and we land here. I was able to push through the depression and work out and eat well until today. Today, I just can't seem to get a hold of it. :-/
  • etay888
    etay888 Posts: 17
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I have been dealing with anxiety for about five years and recently went through two bouts of major depression One because I forgot that you're supposed to Gradually come off your meds (I just stopped taking them when I felt better) BIG mistake. I know how hard it can be to get off the couch on a "bad" day but I found that working out gets the endorphins flowing and actually can turn a bad day into a good one. Hang in there!
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Depression, and it's one of the reasons I'm overweight. I don't like antidepressants so I eat. It's not really working so well for me! It's hard to break the cycle
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I stumbled upon this today. I'm having a rough time lately. Depressed and no motivation. I have 3 herniated cervical discs that have been bothering me lately. I also need my gallbladder out and my insurance won't pay for it. Not that it would matter if they did because I can't afford the deductible anyway. My husband is an *kitten* and I'm just kind of over it all. I'm just not sure what to do about it all.
  • Taneil27
    Taneil27 Posts: 253
    Options
    I have anxiety/panic disorder and costochondritis. When both are driving me crazy it feels like my world is caving in.

Same here! It is misery!
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    panic attacks anxiety depression all of the above ui stopped taking meds one year ago cold turkey now i just get some depression and anxiety but deal with it day by day!