SBF2 Reboot Boogaloo! week of Nov 2

November?
Hey, MM, over here :bigsmile:

I'm so proud of my new picture, though it doesn't come through well in the avatar (eka pada koundinyasana - no good English name - I think WOW pose is appropriate :tongue: ) I'm also making progress in my headstand and shoulderstand. I working to get up to 10 minutes and 15 minutes respectively - I'm shooting for 5 and 10 before the workshop in January. I'm going to up my yoga sessions to aiming for 6, 5 required per week.

We have an absolutely gorgeous week ahead, so I might be biking everyday as well.

More yoga boogaloo!

Replies

• cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    WOW seems appropriate to me - nice!!!

I didn't do my DVD yesterday. And I didn't clean either. I went shopping w/my husband, wasted a lot of time trying to track a FB friend who was running the NYC marathon, and read some magazines. (The latter is somewhat in support of the goal of cleaning - I have a huge collection of magazines that I can't bring myself to throw out until I've read them. It's a slow process, though!) But, I managed not to eat any sweets when I was feeling frustrated, so that's at least something. I set aside (read: hid) 5 little tootsie rolls from the Halloween candy to have sometime, but I'm not sure when. If I'm having a truffle this week, it might be later. I am having to do a lot of planning with this one dessert per week plan - I also wanted to have hot chocolate sometime soon, but I'm not sure when. Is scheduling hot chocolate for 2 weeks from now a little bit crazy? :huh:

Maybe I will just stick with this for 4-6 weeks, and then increase to 2 sweets/week. I do think that it is helping with my cravings and random eating not to have as many sweets.

Yikes, this got long and rambly (big surprise, right?). I'll post back later tonight with my goals for the week - other than pushups and desserts, I haven't decided yet.

November?!? boogaloo...
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Yep, Mary, "Wow" is right. I had to look at it bigger on your profile pick to figure out where all your limbs were.:laugh: You are super strong.

I am so sick of being sick. (coughing, sneezing, swollen glands. . .blergh.) I'm taking a (actually scheduled) day off today and am filling myself with juice, vitamins and naps in between my marking (only 17 left to do by Thursday. . .much more time consuming then I thought they would be:noway: ).
    I hope to get a little more bibliography editing in as well, I'm trying to finish both the marking and the final product by Friday. It may be just the marking, as that's not negotiable.

I'm trying for: two boxing sessions, one weight session and one bikram session. Really don't want being sick to get in the way of this. I'm starting to feel like a real slacker, as I've cut back and now can't even seem to do the reduced load. :sad: I'm officially suffering from the unfairs.

Chin up boogaloo.:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Duh. I don't even know what day or month it is. :laugh:
    I wrote that at about 7 this am, only about 30 mins after rolling out of bed. Wasn't quite awake. Yeah, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    I've already accomplished a lot this morning. Got the house clean, did some stuff with Alex. Now I just need to work out today. Not motivated. Feeling very sleepy.
    Alex's tumbling place called and said the class he was scheduled to start in tomorrow did not have enough kids, so they are moving him up to the next level class. I think he's ready to move up anyway. His teacher wanted to keep him with her since he's starting to make some progress and she wants to keep working with him. I thought that was sweet of her. She doesn't even know he can do a somersault yet! He needed to be able to do that before he could move to the next class, so it worked out! He's always had a hard time jumping off things. I found out he's just been holding out! He CAN jump off things. He just doesn't! He jumped off the couch and the fireplace by himself!
    Mary, I don't know how you get your body to do that. :flowerforyou:
    V, get better soon! Sorry you keep getting sick!
    CP, keep it up girl! Sounds like you are doing great with the dessert thing.
    I made stew in the crockpot last night. I smelled it when I woke up in the middle of the night and found myself starving! It smelled so good. So I am going to go have some!
    Finding myself boogaloo!
    MM
  • cp005e
    Good morning! I took my own advice last night and let myself have an "okay" workout instead of not going at all. I don't know if it's the time change, or what, but I was really tired last night. I spent 40 minutes on the elliptical at a moderate resistance and speed and called it good. Then my husband fed me salad and bruschetta when I got home for dinner (nom nom nom), and my mood improved remarkably! So I got in an hour of cleaning. And I did my pushups (I am repeating week 4 - but it was still really hard). Today is my first day of the intermediate belly dance. I hope I'm ready!

Shimmy boogaloo!
  • mechanicmom
    Hope tonight goes well for you CP!
    Well, I think AF is gone, but I'm still fat. :grumble: I don't understand how I could be doing so much better than I was a few months ago yet the weight is just not coming off. Sure I mess up a lot and eat what I shouldn't, but it's still a whole lot better than it was. I don't get it. I am trying to do this as a lifestyle change, without logging because that's not a lifestyle change, although logging is helpful so I know how much I am eating. I have to remember that when I start working out I tend to get bigger for awhile, then it melts off pretty fast. I guess I want instant gratification and I'm not getting that.
    Today is:
    Alex's tumbling class
    some cleaning
    figuring out where to go for our overnight camping trip this weekend
    a work out of some sort (taebo or shred)
    and maybe a walk since it's going to be gorgeous again

Tomorrow is my busy day so no official workout but if I remember I will go out and work in the yard.

Trying to stay motivated boogaloo.
    MM
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    That's what we are having tonight, CP - salad and bruschetta. :tongue:

I'm going to aim to make it to hard yoga tonight as well as go for a bike ride today. I didn't like biking home from yoga last night in the cold & dark (it was only cold because I forgot a jacket). I do have a nice new light on my bike though.

This week, I will clean my windows. I think I will have a house goal each week as well.

New goals, boogaloo!
  • lotusfromthemud
    Sick.

Really sick now, and with all the current hysteria, a bit worried. :grumble:

Anyways, hydrating and resting are my current goals for the day. Also, trying not to feel guilty that I'm not pushing through and working out anyway. (as I'm wheezing, probably a really bad idea) That and marking five more papers (or re-marking. . .I always mark the first ten in pencil, and then put them at the bottom of the pile).

Being sick sucks boogaloo.:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    Good for you Mary on your weekly house goals! I don't do windows though. :wink:

V, get better soon. You poor thing! I feel bad for you being sick so much.

I just got on here to gripe. I don't want to work out! I just don't want to. BUT I am going to. Alex is already going up the stairs to go take a nap. I told him after his nap he can watch Bob the Builder, so he's off to get the nap out of the way. :laugh:
    I am getting off to go work out. :grumble: I will do it! And with a good attitude! :bigsmile:

MM
  • mechanicmom
    V, how are you feeling this morning? Better? I hope.

Good morning CP and Mary!

Today is a day off but I may get some thing in anyway. Horse therapy, meet with a friend, watch BL, church tonight. Maybe work in the yard if I feel so inclined.
    We finally got our camping trip mostly figured out. We're going a little south, around Waco and going for two nights. Should be interesting. Should be fun!

I need to get us breakfast. Alex is already in his chair and I haven't even made it yet. Oops.

Have a blessed Wednesday!
    MM
  • cp005e
    Aw, V - I'm sorry you're sick. Take it easy - the grading is probably more than enough to worry about at this point. Hope you feel better. :flowerforyou:
    Mary, had you already decided dinner before you read my note? That is funny. My husband makes the best bruschetta - it never fails to cheer me up. :bigsmile:
    That's cool that you are going camping, MM - we usually try to go at least once a year, but somehow didn't manage it this year.

Today is a weird day - I'm going to the visitation for a co-worker who passed away over the weekend. I feel a little strange because I don't know the family at all, but I want to pay my respects. He was only 56. :cry:

I'll probably hit the gym after work, and do my pushups later tonight. Hope you all are well. :flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    That's sad about your coworker. I'm sure there will be plenty of people like yourself, who didn't know the family.
    We usually have our meals planned out at the beginning of the week - so I know what to get at the store. I still end up going a couple of times in the week, but it's good to have a plan.

I had such a great yoga class yesterday! No sun salutations! (which I like, but get bored with), I did a pose I've never done before!!, and I was called an inspiration by the teacher !!!(who is crazy flexy/strong).

Today is more of the same: bike and yoga. I was planning a gym day today, but I have a Dr's appointment, so I can't make it to the gym (and I would be all sweaty!). I'm just getting two moles checked out, so it shouldn't take too long.

Hope you feel better soon, V.

We are having the best weather imaginable - so MM, you have no excuse :wink:

Another beautiful week, boogaloo!
  • lotusfromthemud
    Just got back from the doc, who will neither confirm or deny flu vs. cold (apparently, a culture would take so long at the lab that it's sort of a moot point. . .unless I suddenly get a lot worse, treatment is the same for both.)

I've been ordered to rest/fluids and to stay home until the cough subsides.

Also, in the waiting room, I discovered that I could have had the scariest costume EVER on Halloween by just putting on a surgical mask (they made me wear one). People came in, saw me, and couldn't conceal their fear. Yikes.

Bed-rest boogaloo!:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    V, I'm sorry. That would make me feel embarrassed to have to wear a mask. Everyone would think you have the swine flu. Well, listen to the doc and rest.

I worked in the yard for about an hour or so. Found a dead squirrel in the backyard. I'm not a huge squirrel fan but I don't like seeing dead animals. Makes me sad. I tend to be visual about things and I don't need to picture how it died. :noway:
    I don't know that I burned many calories but I did move several rocks (getting creeped out by the spiders under them) and transferred some plants and pulled weeds. I did do something and that counts. :smile: :smile:

Creeped out boogaloo!
    MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    V, I'm sorry. That would make me feel embarrassed to have to wear a mask. Everyone would think you have the swine flu. Well, listen to the doc and rest.

Yep, and I might have swine flu, but, I might not. Essentially, the doc said "it's either a cold or the flu" apparently the labs are so backed up that even if they did a culture, by the time it came back I'd be better. It's only a problem if I develop new symptoms, which would mean a happy fun trip to the emerg. The flu meds have to be taken within 48 hours of the first symptom to do anything, so I should have gone sooner.

Ugh.
    Better tomorrow boogaloo.:flowerforyou:

Oh, and CP I forgot to say earlier, but I'm sorry about the loss. So sudden and so young.
  • cp005e
    You know, there's been so much talk about the swine flu around here lately. They handed out hand sanitizer to every person in the building, put disinfectant wipes around the copier, and had the safety officer come to our quarterly department meeting to talk about it. I half wanted to start a pool to see who I know will get it first. It's wrong, I know. :embarassed: I hope you feel better soon, V, whatever it is. :flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    Quick post!
    How is everyone? V, any signs of improvement?

I have a lot to get done today. We're leaving tomorrow afternoon to go camping and I didn't realize just how much stuff I would need to remember to take...just basic things too!

So today is:
    cleaning
    finish the grocery list and shop
    start getting things together for the trip
    laundry
    Shred (if I can fit it in!)
    and there was something else but I forgot.

I have not slept well at all since taking Lamisil and the time change didn't help. We are waking up at 5:15 every morning because our bodies think it's 6:15. :grumble: So I am really out of it in the mornings. But as the day progresses I wake up and do alright. It just makes my brain foggy and spacey.
    I hope you all have a great day!
    MM
  • yoginimary
    Have fun camping, MM. Can't stand it myself. If I wanted to make my own bed and breakfast, I'd stay at home :tongue:

Like the new picture CP - I really like trees.

Another great yoga class last night. Got a walk in as well. I'm planning a bike ride and yoga today. Also need to clean the house and do the windows - or at least one of those. I also need to figure out when I'm going to plant my fall bulbs and do other yard work.
    In an effort to get more done, I'm limiting myself to two computer times a day.

Getting more done, boogaloo!
  • lotusfromthemud
    Coughing seems to be less vigorous today, so that's good. I bent over yesterday and thought "why are my abs sore?" I think I've been getting a good ab workout from all the hacking! (I'm trying to find the positive.:tongue: )

More resting today, and just called to cancel teaching for tomorrow. Was informed by the secretary that about 30% of the students/faculty are out sick. Pretty intense.

Rest/fluids/movies on tv boogaloo!:flowerforyou:

ps. . .work out extra for me, healthy pebbs.:wink:
  • mechanicmom
    No work out today. :frown: I may try to take a walk later if I have time.

I shouldn't say no work out. I did put the new tent up to air it out and that was a bit of a work out! Cleaning counts too, since I rarely do it. :tongue:
    I don't know if I will have time to post tomorrow and I will be gone till Sunday afternoon. Tomorrow is Bible Study and then packing and traveling and once again my workout will be putting up the tent. Saturday lots of walking. Sunday, maybe some more walking, and coming home. We bought an air mattress so maybe I'll sleep some while we're away.
    Next week I will be busy cleaning and getting up as much cat hair as I can because my family says they are coming Friday. So another busy week!
    So you all have a good weekend!

MM
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    HI!!!!!! :smooched:

I am soooo happy to see you all still here! I apologize for disappearing, but the last 6 months have been a whirlwind to say the least. I hope I am still welcom :brokenheart:

I have so much to update on I don't know where to begin. I have moved from NC to PA working at a new university. My father in law's cancer responded to all the treatments, as a result he qualified for liver surgery, and get this....... they think they were able to remove ALL signs of cancer!!!! Not bad for a guy who is supposed to be dead in another year!

Well, I have lots of reading up to do to catch up on what you have all been up to. I am just getting back on track with my diet & exercise (I did get down to about 133 this summer!!!) but am back over 150. It's a little better each year, so I want to keep going.

I also have two students who have asked me to help them change their lifestyles. One is over 300lbs at 21 years old, so I am really excited to help her get a new, healthy lease on life!

Ahhh, I am soooo happy to find you die-hards still here, you have NO idea!

Talk soon,
    Arianne :drinker: