Disney

2»

Replies

• laurcampbell
    laurcampbell Posts: 54 Member
    I just did the Disney Princess in February. I can't wait for next years! I wish I had the money to do all the Disney races, lol, but unfortunately, that ain't gonna happen!

I feel the same way. LOL. RunDisney events should come with a warning...Highly Addictive

Haa ditto - I did the Goofy in January and cannot stop talking about it - it was the best time ever and I wish I could do all of them but it's so expensive especially since we made a mini vaca out of it. I think I am skipping marathon weekend this year and going to do a long weekend for the Princess half, been saving my pennies haa!!
  • wombat94
    wombat94 Posts: 352 Member
    I'm signed up for the WDW half in January... It'll be my second half marathon. I was going to make it my first, but since we are vacationing the whole week before the race, I didn't want to be too nervous all week, so I also signed up for the Philadelphia half marathon in November.

I can't wait.

If things go well, kI plan on either the 2013 Philadelphia Marathon or the 2014 WDW marathon as my first full marathon... Who knows, maybe I'll run the goofy in 2015.

Ted
  • thorn777
    thorn777 Posts: 25 Member
    I'm doing the wine in dine in Nov. very excited to go. I'm already training as i have other halfs planned for this year as well and just finished one two weeks ago
  • Disney2012
    Disney2012 Posts: 42 Member
    Wow, so many Disney fans! So far I've completed the WDW half (2006) and full (2008). I too am going for the Coast to Coast medal and glad that they switched the W&D dates to give me a small break inbetween races. I had knee surgery last month so my training has been limited. I'm debating on doing a local half in June just to see how my knee holds up.
    I agree with everyone about the cost of the Disney races, they are very pricey, but I love the atmosphere of the races, the support from everyone and of course all the characters coming out and cheering you on. When I went through Cinderella's castle, during the full, she said that I was her hero! ha,ha,ha...I just started laughing.
    I'm staying at my cousins' timeshare for the DL half and the Coronado Springs for the WDW half. I can't wait!!!
  • jasperann
    jasperann Posts: 136 Member
    When I run a half and a full marathon it will be at Disney!! I want to do a 10k next time we go. I just need to plan my trip around it.

I love Disney so much, so I know I will love running at Disney, since I also love running. =D
  • Disney2012
    I love Disney too! My favorite races are in the parks when you see a character or two, it's just a fun place to be.
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 409 Member
    I love Disney runs! Nothing like a great view while racing. I have only done 5Ks. I am currently training for the Princess Half in February.
  • Disney2012
    Only 4 mths til the Disneyland half....getting nervous because I had knee surgery last month and am so afraid of not being able to maintain a 16 min. mile pace that Disney reguires. I was at a 14 min. pace before surgery.
  • fitmama2e
    fitmama2e Posts: 19
    I ran the tinkerbell in January, and will be doing Wine & Dine in Nov. Love Disney races!
  • Disney2012
    Nice! I want to do the ToT race, but that will have to wait til 2014!
  • babybeers
    babybeers Posts: 4
    I am doing the Tinkerbell Half in January! It's my first half and I am so excited. Any advice?
  • liog
    liog Posts: 347 Member
    I'm training for the 2013 Princess Half.
  • Disney2012
    I use Marathoning for Mortals by John Bingham, it has a good training program that I find duable to use. Good luck and have fun!
  • twinmom430
    twinmom430 Posts: 457 Member
    Lol, Disney Cruise to the Caribbean in July on the Disney Fantasy! I'll be running on the ship deck!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I just got off the disney Fantasy a few weeks ago, you will have a blast!!! The gym was really nice too!
  • fitmama2e
    I am doing the Tinkerbell Half in January! It's my first half and I am so excited. Any advice?

Start training early. Last tinker was our first and almost every one in our group hit injuries while training. We were beginning runners. I used the galloway program and got a timer, since then its much more manageable. Oh and start working on your costume, its so much fun!
  • babybeers
    Thanks for the advise!! What kind of costumes do people wear?
  • babybeers
    advice! lol
  • desbanks
    desbanks Posts: 2
    I would love to walk in the Disney half. I see most people run Halves and marathons at Disney. Can u please post the info. Thanks
  • fitmama2e
    Costumes are anything you can imagine. Think anything from peter pan, a ton of tinks, tutu's even lost boys, hook and alligator and a wide array of disney costumes and funny shirts.
  • Babymomakell
    Babymomakell Posts: 257 Member
    I am a "Disney-Peep" lol.... I am on Dis-boards and Facebook's Singles-Disney-lovers group.... We love WDW mostly but we are avid park-goers!!!!! Feel free to add me if you wish!!!!!!