What do you drive?

Options

Replies

• ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I ride my bike....everywhere i need to go. Great way to burn some extra cals...bike to work, then gym, then home. :D
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    2000 Firebird...downgraded from a 2001 TransAm for gas reasons. I love my Flyerbird.
  • Redbird99ky
    Redbird99ky Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Currently a 2006 Saturn ION3, GM blew it big time when they killed this line. I won't buy another GM car or truck. So anyway, I am going to buy a newer car this fall...looking at a 2010 or 2011 Ford Fusion. I used to drive 220 miles a day so the Saturn is at 175K miles...and doing well. My last Saturn had 365K miles on it when I sold it to the neighbor kid three years ago...he's still driving it.

Now I'm down to about 400 miles a week.

I agree. GM made extremely poor choices with all the lines it killed. In the past few decades, Pontiac went from a heavy hitter in the performance genre to something I couldn't even recognize (READ: Vibe, Montana. WTF GM?) Oldsmobile wasn't much different from Buick, so I can see letting them go, although I always had a soft spot for the Bravada. Saturn had the potential to do well in the budget compact market, but GM blew it big time.

Pontiac should've kept alive using home grown plus Holden and Opel products. GMC should've been demised. They are, after all, more expensive Chevy trucks. Buick was kept for their presence oversees at China. The 4 core brands should've been Chevrolet, Pontiac (with no vans, SUVs or cheap econoboxes) , Buick and Cadillac.

I'm with you on the Pontiac line, and I DO like the Holden products they put in the line (as the GTO and the G8). Unlike many "old school" GTO owners, I really liked the new Goats. I think that Pontiac kept the 'new' GTO in the spirit of the original, which is lots of horsepower in an average looking "family coupe" I also agree that the best line that GM dropped was Saturn. I've not been a fan of GM since the 80's, for the most part, but I think they hit the mark (stylistically speaking) with the retro Camaro, and the SSR.
  • psychofantasy
    Options
    Currently a 2006 Saturn ION3, GM blew it big time when they killed this line. I won't buy another GM car or truck. So anyway, I am going to buy a newer car this fall...looking at a 2010 or 2011 Ford Fusion. I used to drive 220 miles a day so the Saturn is at 175K miles...and doing well. My last Saturn had 365K miles on it when I sold it to the neighbor kid three years ago...he's still driving it.

Now I'm down to about 400 miles a week.

I agree. GM made extremely poor choices with all the lines it killed. In the past few decades, Pontiac went from a heavy hitter in the performance genre to something I couldn't even recognize (READ: Vibe, Montana. WTF GM?) Oldsmobile wasn't much different from Buick, so I can see letting them go, although I always had a soft spot for the Bravada. Saturn had the potential to do well in the budget compact market, but GM blew it big time.

Pontiac should've kept alive using home grown plus Holden and Opel products. GMC should've been demised. They are, after all, more expensive Chevy trucks. Buick was kept for their presence oversees at China. The 4 core brands should've been Chevrolet, Pontiac (with no vans, SUVs or cheap econoboxes) , Buick and Cadillac.

I'm with you on the Pontiac line, and I DO like the Holden products they put in the line (as the GTO and the G8). Unlike many "old school" GTO owners, I really liked the new Goats. I think that Pontiac kept the 'new' GTO in the spirit of the original, which is lots of horsepower in an average looking "family coupe" I also agree that the best line that GM dropped was Saturn. I've not been a fan of GM since the 80's, for the most part, but I think they hit the mark (stylistically speaking) with the retro Camaro, and the SSR.

Imagine if Pontiac could've stayed alive long enough to do a retro T/A/Firebird. There are concept pics on google that blow my mind.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    '02 Toyota Camry - Hoping to pawn it off on my son when he starts driving, so that I can get a new car. :P
  • stang_girl88
    stang_girl88 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    My pride and joy is an '88 Mustang GT (fox body). I have had it for 15 years. I love my car :) I actually made a guy cry I reemed him out so bad for opening his car door and 'resting' it on mine. Mind you he was pretty wimpy :laugh: Husband does NOT drive my stang. Our daily drivers are an '08 Jeep Patriot and a '09 Dodge Ram. The Jeep is awesome in the winter and I also LOVE the truck. I have been known to spend weekends washing/polishing our vehicles and I love doing it. Weirdo, I know.
  • TheLotusBlossom
    Options
    11 titanium honda crv. my first brand new car was a tiburon red...i will ALWAYS be a sports car girl!!!:love:
  • darkknightfan
    darkknightfan Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Considering I commute 140 miles round trip every day .. it doesnt pay for me to buy anything low mileage .. the current ride is a 1998 pontiac bonneville...
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I have a Scion TC :)
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    '96 Chevy Blazer =) I <3 it. Bout it in Feb. of this year and it almost has 200,000 miles on it....but its my first car! Love it!
  • redcat17
    redcat17 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    2011 VW Golf. Black with black-tinted windows. Awesome for driving and parking in city traffic like I'm always doing.
  • PHS7
    PHS7 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Own a 2011 Infiniti G37x sedan and a 2009 Nissan Versa hatchback but. . . . .

I am in the car business so I always drive something new. Current demo is a 2012 Nissan Murano Platinum edition.
  • ghiaguy
    ghiaguy Posts: 46
    Options
    bugatti-veyron-2.jpg

Now THAT is sexy.
    I saw one of these last weekend at the Grand Prix in Montreal. Most definitely sexy. Not as sexy as my 71 VW Karmann Ghia, but close. :laugh:
  • CharliSue
    CharliSue Posts: 81
    Options
    Jeep!!
  • _EmmaStrong_
    _EmmaStrong_ Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Hummer H3 - Sunshine YELLOW
  • hcdawg
    hcdawg Posts: 69
    Options
    95 Jeep Grand Cherokee
  • jwshmoe75
    jwshmoe75 Posts: 119
    Options
    2009 Traverse
  • crammy18
    crammy18 Posts: 6
    Options
    the town trolley..no car.lol
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    i drive a Chrysler sebring convertible a red one
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I'm not a buff but I drive a 2005 GMC Yukon Denali, hubs drives a 2006 Dodge Ram and then we got a jeep rock crawler for off-roadin.