I hate breakfast! Change my mind!

Options
I HATE breakfast! Change my mind!!!!:huh:

Replies

• bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Why? If you don't like it, don't eat it.
  • Shortcake1976
    Options
    Love breakfast!! lol
  • LCBinGA
    LCBinGA Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Do you not like typical breakfast foods? then eat what you'd eat for lunch or dinner. No law states you much eat eggs/cereal/yogurt/fruit

If you don't like to look at food in the morning, either drink something or eat slightly later.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I used to skip breakfast. But I find I'm ravenous by lunchtime if I do. I don't know if that's because I'm eating less now, or if I was always ravenous at lunchtime. :indifferent:
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    There is no rule that says you have to eat breakfast. I skip mine whenever I feel like it. No harm done.
  • zoegator
    zoegator Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    What is it that you don't like about breakfast?
    Is it that you don't like eating soon after waking up?
    Do you not like breakfast foods?
    Are you in a rut about what to eat for breakfast?

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!
  • Kathy53925
    Kathy53925 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Try a shake for breakfast? I don't eat breakfast either. I like my coffee, and then after about 1-2 hours, I'll have something light. Since starting the weight loss, I've been having a Slimfast shake that I add fruit to...then they are pretty good!
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Bacon.

You're welcome.
  • Mommagoose4
    Mommagoose4 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I too hate breakfast - so I drink a protein shake with yogurt & berries every morning!~
  • mrkennethjay
    Options
    Water.... Melon! Oatmeal, Turkey Bacon and Egg Whites on flat bread! Chocolate Protein Shake. Fiber Bar. Breakfast can be anything. Don't hate it, because it loves you and will prepare you for the day you'll face. It's a personal treat for yourself, it's amazing the crap you'll let bounce off you during a hard day if you are focuses and full.
  • chocoholicdiva
    chocoholicdiva Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Okay, how about this. When you don't eat breakfast, and you don't have a lot of calories to your day, you have a larger chance of binging later in the day. Even a glass of juice or a smoothie can do a better job than nothing at all or just a cup of coffee. Coffee won't supply you with essential nutrients, juice and smoothies will. And a snack on a cereal bar between breakfast and lunch will stop the binging more than nothing at all, just list it in your snack section. Consider it "recess for adults" if you want. Something is ALWAYS better than nothing, and some breakfast, big or small, is better than no breakfast. Not only will it get you through your morning, it'll help you get through the rest of your day the right way!!! :bigsmile:
  • LesterBlackstone
    LesterBlackstone Posts: 291 Member
    Options

Sorry, wrong answer. But thanks for playing.

Why? If you don't like it, don't eat it.

Ding!Ding!Ding! We have a winner!
  • rachaela06
    rachaela06 Posts: 167
    Options
    I used to hate breakfast, now it's the biggest meal in my day. Seems, for me, the more I eat at breakfast the smaller the rest of my meals are during the day, plus I have way more energy to get things done. I don't eat as soon as my feet hit the ground, but within an hour of waking up, I'm eating. I prep a lot of my breakfasts the night before, so it's less work in the morning.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    No it isn't.
  • Mrs_Sheila
    Mrs_Sheila Posts: 39
    Options
    I hate the idea of breakfast ~ always have. I usually am starving about 8:00 if I am up early (4:30am) and have been enjoying a smoothie ~ I am just bored i guess.

So, the next question is WHAT DO YOU do to jazz up a food rut?:embarassed:
  • 4myhealth77
    4myhealth77 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You should eat first thing in the morning to get your metabolism going. I have a chocolate protein shake with frozen strawberries and its like the consistency of a milkshake. Then I have my coffee afterwards. I eat every three hours.
  • linnealavell
    Options
    I'm not a big breakfast fan either. I just don't feel like eating when I first get up. What I have been doing is having a cup of coffee and a little bit of fruit when I first wake up to get my body started then I will have something a little more substantial about an hour later.
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Have you tried shakeology ? I LOVED it, well I still do but just had to cancel my autoship. Can't afford anymore . It is so good I truly looked forward to waking up to it. I quit coffee (used to be breakfast for me, then not eat til 11ish) not good! Shakeology gave me energy (macca root) so tonite I bought some whey/soy protein..tastes crappy-have to add p.butter & banana- I put that in my shake o. But that was the best breakfast for me !!!
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    I'm not a morning person or a morning eater. But I find the less I eat at night the more I want to eat in the morning.

I've been having good luck this week with a small, 100 calorie serving of steel cut oats with flax. I don't know how but it satiates me til 1pm and I feel so noble for having gotten in a healthy breakfast, albeit tiny! If I skip it I need a more meal-like portion around mid-morning.

Sometimes if I keep delaying meals thinking that's a sure ticket to low intake, I wind up wanting to cram the 'neglected' calories in before bed, before the next looooong fast begins. So it just feels more relaxed to quit being a miser and just eat some tiny meals early, and then I have less munchies at night.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    Options
    Myth. Your body has no idea between breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack etc. This myth was sloganized by cereal companies.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition