Low Carb, Paleo, Atkins, South Beach...which do you follow??

Options
13»

Replies

• sharon_rn
    sharon_rn Posts: 8
    Options
    Ha sorry had to tell you that cracked me up.
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I am trying to stay away from bad processed carbs as much as possible....this has helped me a lot. Lowering my carbs has aided with cutting cravings and helps me lose weight too. Basically I am grocery shopping for food God intended us to eat. If it's something "man-made" then it probably isn't as good for me.... Wheat may be natural but I wouldn't eat it in its natural state ....so whole wheat breads....I put that in the "man-made" category. Of course I'm not super strict and will allow myself bread or cookies or something once in a while but I try to mostly be good. This Did man make it or God make it helps me avoid processed food items. Hope this helps :)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'm a IIFYM person (if it fits your macros). I just make sure I have the right mix of fat, carbs, and protein and that I'm under my calorie goal. I don't believe that any food is innately bad. Food is just a tool. I don't have problems with binging or uncontrollable cravings, so it's working for me.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    None of the above. I don't do fad diets. All things in balance.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I refuse to follow a diet or religion that tells me what I can and can't eat. I've lost plenty just eating less of my favorite things and replacing some meals with healthier, more filling options.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Been looking into all these different lower carb diets and was wondering...which do you follow/recommend and how many carbs are you allowed? Which is the easiest lifestyle change to stick with? Can you have skim milk with any?

None of the above. I eat healthy nutritious foods in sensible portions, stick to my calorie goal, exercise and treat myself daily (reserve 100 to 150 calories for something sweet!). It works for me!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I just gave up bread and bread products. That's it, nothing complicated. I'm under on carbs just about every day without trying. I have no idea whether this is a good thing or a bad thing or a neutral thing, to be honest.

I did start losing again after stalling for the zillionth time, but I have no idea if I will keep losing. It's only been a couple weeks.

Also, I've read many posts that say once you give up bread, you better not start eating it again unless you just want to gain it all back.

But I do find it slightly easier to stay full on less calories. Slightly.

Forgot to add my belly feels less hard and swollen, especially on days when I also have little to no dairy.

Not sure if you manually treaked the setting. But if you use MFP and leave it default, I think the carb intake is set pretty high, 55%or something like that...

The base carb intake for MFP assumes you're going to be getting a good amount of exercise in which is why it sets it so high. Carbs are necessary workout fuel.

I brought mine down to 50% to make room for more protein.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    IMAO,

Everything in moderation. Just eat clean, homemade food whenever possible. Personally, Im 35% Carbs, 35% Protein, 30% Fat.

^ this, I am about the same too , I also get my carbs from vegetables and fruit.