Options
2»

Replies

• TrekkieChic
    TrekkieChic Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Have had Skype for about 5 years. Used to use it for about 3-4 hours a day (long distance relationship). Now we're married and finally living together, so I only use it to chat to my brother in New Zealand and my friends in the States, probably less than 4 hours a month.
  • Dipmom
    Dipmom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Used it all the time when my husband was in Iraq. It was fantastic, because the kids could show him things and my daughter would play the violin for him too!

Now I use it almost daily, and I couldn't imagine my life without it. I have a Skype subscription that costs $3.00 a month for unlimited calls to the U.S. and Canada (we are overseas). I can call cell phones or land lines, which is how we talk to our parents and other older relatives. This way they don't have to be logged on Skype to get a call from us. Now the big thing for the teenagers here is not texting, but Skype messaging. That is the main way my kids stay in touch with their local friends.
  • megmo_7
    megmo_7 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I use it every day. I would die without skype. I also use yahoo messenger every day.
  • uuyecarg
    uuyecarg Posts: 6
    Options
    my webcam made my face so huge i no longer use it :O
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I use it all the time, I moved to a new country a few years ago so it's a free way to chat to people back home. I even use it to call my mum who lives just down the road from me. Why pay for phone calls when you can video chat for free? My hearing is pretty bad so I find it easier to talk to someone if I can see them, I hate talking on the phone, I'm constantly like 'What? Huh? say again?'
  • AmericanExpat
    AmericanExpat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I use it a few times a week... just moved to Europe and family and friends are still in the US. It is the least expensive way for us to keep in contact.
  • kndlkai1
    kndlkai1 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My husband and I each have it on our laptops, so we use it to let the kids "talk" to their grandparents in Texas (we live in Texas). They chat once or twice a month.
  • upnorthtim
    upnorthtim Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I have Skype on my ipod touch. I was recently overseas for three weeks and was able to call home almost everyday....no phone bill!
  • christynek
    christynek Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Skype is God's gift to poor college students who are studying abroad and miss their parents. AKA-me.
  • _Kitten_Kate
    _Kitten_Kate Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I use it about once a week or so to talk to my handsome British Beau. But thats it.
    My Bro and Sis in law and nieces use it a lot because he is working out of town.
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    i have it but i dont log in cause i never really used it